Bios not detecting my storage hard drive

WhatTheSchmidt

Limp Gawd
Tried searching but didn't find anything useful. My computer is running fine with my raptor plugged into sata 0 and dvd burner in sata 3. I tried the WD 250gb storage drive in a couple ports, I'm now going to try the gsata ports on the mobo. Mobo is gigabyte ud3r. Drive has power from the same sata power cable on the raptor. Also the sata cable is plugged in all the way.

I'll try gsata but other than that I don't know what to do. Maybe the drive died? I replaced the mobo because my mobo died but everything else is fine(except maybe the storage HD?)

I can't really tell if it's spinning or not by checking it. brb checking gsata port now for it.

gsata didn't work either, perhaps it died...if it did I just lost 70gb of music :( and a lot of dvds

I will try a new sata cable later when I have time. Any other suggestions? BTW this hard drive is only like 2 years old and ran perfectly fine up to now...

new sata cable in the other gsata also didn't show up in bios

I will try molex power to it instead I guess. After that I'm all out of ideas.

I never used a jumper in it to change settings, it came without a jumper and worked fine before the motherboard change. Do I need to put a jumper on it for bios to detect it?

edit: it's not necessary at all with sata...so yea

I tried with a jumper in the rightmost position - nothing.

I enabled the other option for AHCI and it didn't like that, it kind of failed to start windows and gave me options on how to start it, I chose to reset the computer and change the AHCI back to disabled instead.

Still no detection of this 2nd hard drive. When it goes through the post how do you pause it? it says something about detecting drives...none found...but obviously some are since my computer is working ok.

I've searched for a couple hours and tried a ton of things...anyone have any clue?

I guess the hd is dead somehow. I connected it to another computer(with the jumper still in place though) with 4 pin power and it didn't show up in bios/windows like that either.

Any suggestions?

if drive doesn't detect in multiple computers it sounds dead. also, i've never seen somebody respond to their own thread so many times consecutively before anyone else responded.

Back