Bios help Please

fightingfi

2[H]4U
So im upgrading dad's Pc with a new 2700x, 16 gigs of ram ddr 3200 and this Motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-Gaming-X-rev-10#kf

Just got it all today and had NO idea this things needs 7-8 Bios updates done Y I K ES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the *easiet* and quickest way of doing this please. I see that some must be done BEFORE you can update to others. I understand also that motherboard chipset drivers need to be done before any Bios stuff.

Tankies in Advanced for all and any info ! :D

I was reading online this board doesnt support 3200 only 2933 i think it said is this true and correct what i read or will the Bios fix this also? Thanks again!

Don't update past the F32 BIOS since you are running a 2700x.

You don't need to update one at a time for BIOS updates. You just flash the one you want. So in this case just flash the F32 BIOS and you are up to date.

Any BIOS newer than that won't be of any help for a 1000/2000 series CPU's. It's all support for the newer CPU's at that point.

Last edited:
Don't update past the F32 BIOS since you are running a 2700x.

You don't need to update one at a time for BIOS updates. You just flash the one you want. So in this case just flash the F32 BIOS and you are up to date.

Any BIOS newer than that won't be of any help for a 1000/2000 series CPU's. It's all support for the newer CPU's at that point.
You just have to be careful with some mobo makers. Some boards you have to stair-step up a few BIOS levels in order to get to the latest. I have seen some Dell systems that way. I have a few ASRock and Gigabyte boards that have a bridge BIOS that you have to take the board up to first before continuing to the latest. (example, ASRock B450 Pro4, if BIOS is <1.80 you have to flash to that first then you can flash to latest BIOS)

Back