Biomutant

I like the uniqueness of this...I still don't know what exactly the game is about- is it an RPG, shooter etc but it looks interesting...Unreal Engine 4 is also a plus...

3rd person shooting with RPG elements and bosses like every other game.
It's just a take off of Fur Fighters for the Dreamcast.

I'm in. Everything I've seen looks fantastic. The gameplay style looks right up my alley, too. I might even pre-buy this one to give 'em some additional support.

Little bit disappointed that there are dedicated "climbing spots" rather than being able to climb anything like BotW / Genshin / Fenyx. But other than that it's looking really good. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Wow, this looks incredible! Completely flew under my radar considering how old this thread is. The world, the colors, the fast gameplay, the combat, the utter uniqueness of it all... I'm hyped!

might be the sleeper hit of 2021...sort of reminds me of when Far Cry 1 was released...

Biomutant is a bold mix of Fallout, Borderlands, and Breath of the Wild

There are eight square kilometers of open world to explore, and you’re free to do most of that exploration as soon as you get through the starting area...your progress is often halted by environmental effects like heat and cold...enter a frozen environment without full resistance, for example, and you’ll start taking damage after a timer runs out...so you can dip your toe into a new area, but you will need the right gear to properly explore it...or, in some cases, an appropriate vehicle that can glide over gooey waters or provide you with oxygen in the game’s dead zones...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/biomutant/combat-devil-may-cry-meets-borderlands

There are eight square kilometers of open world to explore, and you’re free to do most of that exploration as soon as you get through the starting area...your progress is often halted by environmental effects like heat and cold...enter a frozen environment without full resistance, for example, and you’ll start taking damage after a timer runs out...so you can dip your toe into a new area, but you will need the right gear to properly explore it...or, in some cases, an appropriate vehicle that can glide over gooey waters or provide you with oxygen in the game’s dead zones...

This is not directed at you, but what a load of bull, you can go everywhere, but actaully you can not if you want to actually, you know live

Also it does not mean I think the game is bad or good, just bad marketing

This is not directed at you, but what a load of bull, you can go everywhere, but actaully you can not if you want to actually, you know live

Also it does not mean I think the game is bad or good, just bad marketing

I'm assuming you can enter those restricted areas if you find the right gear or vehicle...

Been looking forward to this one since I saw an ad for it earlier this year (dammit Instagram, showing me things I actually like sometimes). Probably going to wait till autumn/winter to play tho... cause... <gestures at state of every open-world game upon release>

damn that looks really impressive from a visual standpoint...only thing I don't like is the silly commentary during gameplay...
Narrator didn't annoy me, but it can be disabled in settings.

What I didn't like - and maybe it would grow on me when actually playing - was assuming the melee weapon primary was the only way to play the game. But then I saw PDPs stream here and noticed there's a character generator and different classes, including a commando with a gun primary - problem solved. Some of the other classes look interesting too.

Game looks cool, despite the aesthetics like it was designed for a younger audience. Haven't been able to find official confirmation of HDR support, but should look spectacular on the new OLED anyway.

Last edited:
Something about the character movement is bugging me. Mainly when the character is running around. It looks too obviously gamey. Like its obviously just a character going through animations with camera movement to give the illusion that its going somewhere.

Bonus pot shot at Breath of the Wild for its weapon degradation system.

Game looks really unique and fun. The combat looks good, but for me I think it will hinge on the game world they’ve created and the story they interweave in it. From the trailers the game world looks varied and awesome, so I hope that’s the case for the entire playthrough. The story, well I haven’t seen much on it aside from this trailer discussing the concept of the tree of life and the tribes. I hope it’s a pretty deep and unique story.

based on what they've revealed of the story its likely standard stuff. Can't imagine how they would spice it up but that might be why I am no author. The unfortunate thing about being interested in a game and checking out gameplay footage is some people aren't as careful about what information they provide. Even the devs. No part of the structure of the story should be revealed in trailers or previews imo. We shouldn't even know about the tree of life.

WARNING: Spoilers in video

So weird to see this on Conan. It's been so long since they did Clueless Gamer and they return with Biomutant of all games? Segment is kind of awkward, especially without an audience. I love how into it Aaron is though.

Last edited:
Someone said there is no weight to the characters but could be the player people playing on console already.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Forbes - Unscored
Still, my 75-hour playthrough didn’t feel like time waster. Biomutant has charm and heart; everything more or less works: there’s always the promise of something weird and wonderful around the corner, even if you’ve seen something similar before. It’s definitely unlike anything else you’ve played before, even if it reminds you of everything else.

GameInformer - 6.5
Despite bursting at the seams with cool ideas, Biomutant is a largely hollow experience that only provides fleeting glimpses of greatness.

PowerUp Gaming - 9/10
The wait to explore this new world may have been a little long in the tooth but Biomutant has emerged as a game about, and of, spectacular evolution.

Push Square - 4/10
Biomutant could have been something special, but the ambitious project fails to capitalise on what it does differently. Trapped in the clutches of an open world from a generation past, its own ideas are thwarted by an overload of other mechanics and overwhelming menus. By trying to do so much, Biomutant skipped the part where it built a solid basis to work from. While there's still potential here, Experiment 101's first attempt hasn't realised it.

PressStart - 5.5
As the credits rolled on Biomutant, I couldn’t help but wonder why there was so much in the game and yet so much that was distinctly unmemorable. It’s got jet skis, horses, Titanfall-esque mechs, and even bug catching. There are psychic powers, real guns, boomerangs, and a mountable walking mechanical hand that shoots from its fingers. But none of it ever comes together in a way that makes sense, and that’s Biomutants biggest problem. It’s just trying to do too much and, in the process, lost sight of what it sets out to do.

Gamespot - 6/10
There's still an enjoyable game here, but a lot of unfortunate caveats come attached to that statement. Yet while it might not always hit the mark, Biomutant is an ambitiously flawed game from a small studio, and the games industry could always use more risky endeavors like this one.

IGN - 6/10
Biomutant has a lot of the building blocks of a top-drawer action RPG but its cookie-cutter approach to objectives and puzzles starts feeling very repetitive very early on.

The scores do seem to be all over the place. I'm supporting this one just because I like the vision, and nothing in the reviews bothers me too much.

Looks to be a middling game at best.... glad I didn't buy into the hype or pre-order.

Already preordered it on GoG. It looked interesting enough from what I saw of it so far. I also wanted to make sure to buy it preordered on GoG at full price to hopefully support more games released DRM-Free there day 1 in the future.

SkillUp's video review: "I definately do not recommend". Though he does say it ran fine on PC in 4k on his 2080ti. Can easily remap keys and the game worked well for him on either controller or keyboard (he mostly used controller).

Maybe people can't draw very good so tracking ability is off or needs to be supplied to characters that don't look human.

Game looks interesting and I will give it a shot. I just don't understand where they hype was coming from.

It sounds like it's yet another huge open world with barely anything in it.

Back