Biomutant

New gameplay out of Gamescom. Sadly, the person holding the controller is incompetent as is prevalent in most of these videos. The most interesting aspect to me was how your character's appearance changes based on how you change your stats, in both physical appearance and the clothing you wear.

Looks good I like how the perspective is low to the ground different size enemies I'm sure the game picks up later on.

the game definitely is unique looking...would be nice if there were different animals you could choose to play as but I think everyone is forced to play as this Rocket Racoon character

Welp, back to waiting.
1582221323567.png

This is the studio's first game so I understand them wanting to get it right. It's good to know that THQ is being accommodating in giving them the time they need. Let's hope there is nothing bad happening in the background that they're not telling us about.

5/3/2018 this game was on my wishlist that long I didn't even have to wait for Fur Fighters =)

This game is on the front cover of Geek magazine at Walmart had a quick chuckle because it's not coming out any time soon.
Free Doom poster in the magazine ceterfold though they have free copies in electronics dept #5.

Full gameplay trailer without the interview. I'm glad they have taken the time to get this game polished because it is looking a lot better now than it did even just a year ago.

Was hoping the game would take a turn in the art direction and not look like Fortnite. The original trailer looked so awesome.

It looks really dated graphically but I guess that makes sense given how long this has been in development. The world does intrigue me, though.

good to finally get a release date...now if only Elden Ring, Far Cry 6 and Dying Light 2 would do the same :D

This game was on my wishlist for 3 years. Graphics don't matter really its a funny animal 1980s comic.

BioMutant developers went silent for so long so they could fix bugs without crunching

studio boss Stefan Ljungqvist told IGN that there were a lot of bugs to fix, and the studio was determined to avoid crunch while doing it..."It’s been a huge amount of work for QA, because it's not easy in an open-world game to find [bugs]," he said. "And then once they've been found, we have to fix them, and that's put some additional challenge on us, being a small team."

He credited publisher THQ Nordic for not pushing the studio to hit an earlier release date, and although he acknowledged that members of the team might have to work more hours to support the game after release, crunching at the studio is "not the constant thing," he said. "It will kill you."...

https://www.ign.com/articles/biomut...ers-have-been-quiet-for-so-long?sf137142037=1

BioMutant developers went silent for so long so they could fix bugs without crunching

studio boss Stefan Ljungqvist told IGN that there were a lot of bugs to fix, and the studio was determined to avoid crunch while doing it..."It’s been a huge amount of work for QA, because it's not easy in an open-world game to find [bugs]," he said. "And then once they've been found, we have to fix them, and that's put some additional challenge on us, being a small team."

He credited publisher THQ Nordic for not pushing the studio to hit an earlier release date, and although he acknowledged that members of the team might have to work more hours to support the game after release, crunching at the studio is "not the constant thing," he said. "It will kill you."...

https://www.ign.com/articles/biomut...ers-have-been-quiet-for-so-long?sf137142037=1
Kept it quiet instead of publicizing a lot. I don't think that would have worked with such a high profile game as Cyberpunk. THQ are going to have to kick in some marketing to remind people of this game now, though. I respect both the developer for recognizing they needed extra time and the publisher for giving it to them. Hopefully the game turns out really good because of it.

Old footage from this Summer the Bosses all look original the perspective is faked and played around with
I mean the stuff you fight looks like Disney animations. Squish and Squash what they used to teach for emulating movement.

Experiment 101 has revealed the official PC system requirements for Biomutant...

Minimum:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD FX-8350 or Intel Core i5-4690K or newer running at 3.5 GHz or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 4 GB Direct3D 11 capable video card – GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 380
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated or dedicated DirectX 9 compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Keyboard, mouse and an internet connection for Steam

Recommended:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel Core i7-6700K or newer running at 3.2 GHz or higher
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: 6 GB Direct3D 11 capable video card – GeForce GTX 1660Ti or Radeon RX 590
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated or dedicated DirectX 9 compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Keyboard, mouse and an internet connection for Steam

This is the only announced game I'm looking forward to actually sure there are others but this one is different.

Stockholm, Sweden / Vienna, Austria - March 25th, 2021: Just two months to go until your adventure begins! Biomutant will be out for PC, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One™ on May 25th, 2021. And we know, many of you have been waiting for some new gameplay footage - so here it is. Check out the new action-packed combat trailer, showcasing various aspects of Biomutant’s versatile combat system.

Watch the Trailer on YouTube:
0.jpg
YouTube™ Video: Biomutant - Combat Trailer
Views: 1,593
Biomutant is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 25th, 2021. Pre-order now & get the Mercenary class DLC, a unique combination of perks, in addition to the full game.

Download the latest assets: https://media.thqnordic.com/?dir=Biomutant

Digital Pre-order starts today
Today, the digital pre-order for Biomutant kicks off on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™ and PC. You can pre-order the game now at your favorite store for an SRP of $ 59.99 / € 59.99 / 54.99 £. The game will offer the mercenary class as a pre-order bonus.

Pre-order on Steam: ...

Pre-order Bonus: The Mercenary
The Mercenary offers a unique combination of perks and is playable from the start through this DLC only. The Mercenary has dual-wield as a starting ability and is geared up with a classic Katana and the shorter Wakizashi blades to explain it in real-world terms. Simply put, it'll let you experience the world of Biomutant as classic samurai-looking warrior from the very beginning

Pre Order should be here from 19:00 CET.

I gotta wonder if it isn't going to feel like a 2017 title in a 2021 world. I also wonder if that's a bad thing looking at the largely broken and/or lack luster releases of the last year.

I'm really skeptical of all the games of last year and this but majority of this game was made pre pandemic.

I gotta wonder if it isn't going to feel like a 2017 title in a 2021 world. I also wonder if that's a bad thing looking at the largely broken and/or lack luster releases of the last year.
New IP can take 5 years or longer to develop, so you would have to just about say that of every game that isn't copypasta.

I think this game looks incredible. I just hope that the gameplay lives up to the video trailers. At this point there aren't many games coming out this year, so I'm 99% sure I'll buy it anyway.

New IP can take 5 years or longer to develop, so you would have to just about say that of every game that isn't copypasta.
Well it was supposed to be out in 2019.

Honestly, if it is a 2017/19 title I don't hold it against it, lots of good games around that time, more so than 2020/21 so far.

game looks interesting...definitely something unique which is always a good thing...hopefully the gameplay can be sustained throughout and won't get old quick...let's hope it will actually hit its May 25th date...Far Cry 6 is the other big game expected around that timeframe

I need this game to be good.
Small team given time to make the game they wanted from a large publisher with trailers showing what looks like a lot of love that went into crafting the world gives me high hopes.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
multiple delays don't ensure a bug free game at launch- Cyberpunk can attest to that...that being said I'm hoping Biomutant delivers

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm starting to get really excited for this game. I just like the aesthetic they have going. I really, really hope it isn't sloppy.

Back