Bing Replacement?

flegg

[H]ard|Gawd
Now that BingCB is gone is there anything similar to it I should try?

Screw being in mourning, it's all about saving the green lol. I'm not a huge fan of fatwallet's system, pop-up stoppers or even a Spybot Search & Destroy immunized system can cause their CB system to not work right. The %'s were lower on lots of things but without Bing now, better than nothing. I am not sure about the others out there.

Ebates is popular and legit: http://www.ebates.com/

^^^ About to save $20 on a $400 purchase right now (5%) and i found a $10 coupon code to stack (7.5% discount total).

Yea, i'm going to miss Bing cashback, it was a great ride. I have a feeling we're going to see more store rebates and coupon codes now that it's gone though. I know bing cashback definitely swelled ebay's prices so things should get cheaper there once the realization kicks in.

Fatwallet's cashback program: http://www.fatwallet.com/coupons-cash-back/

When shopping for something, just use the cashback program that has the highest percentage, and always doublecheck for coupon codes (find coupons on fatwallet or google or Ebay).

Cash Back Tool
: http://www.cashbacktool.com/

Compares different cashback programs to see what will give you the best cashback percentage at a particular store (Thanks Parja!)

Big Crumb, apparently has better payouts than Ebates: http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/dealsHome.do (Thanks MrXROK)

Last edited:
I used fatwallet before Bing cashback. Maybe Google will launch something.

I thought I read somewhere that bing CB would be only around during the Christmas season.

I definitely have a feeling we haven't seen the last of it yet.

I used ebates a long time ago but fatcash generally pays better. I've been paid around $450 between the two over the years.

Yes, fatcash = fatwallet's cashback program. Theirs and ebates are what I'll be using... ebates has been around a long time, with fatwallet's being newer but still several years going at this point :).

Logged into Ebay this morning and saw they have a 2% cashback program of their own. Not as nice as 8% (or the 30% last year) but better than nothing.

Logged into Ebay this morning and saw they have a 2% cashback program of their own. Not as nice as 8% (or the 30% last year) but better than nothing.

Yeah, that's ebay bucks. It's not available for everyone - they offer it to some members but not all. If you're a VIP ebay bucks member, you can get upto 6% for very brief periods when they have their promotions.

That cashbacktool is pretty cool, I just would prefer not to spread my cashback around. It will be tough to accumulate enough money back if you get a dollar here, two dollars there, 80 cents somewhere else. $3.80 in one place is better than $3.80 in 3 places.

the awesomeness of bing isn't that it saved you cash, it's that it stacked.
find a retailer on fatcash... click link
then goto bing find same retailer ... click link
pay with credit card that gives cashback(or more cashback depending on store i.e. chase freedom)
pay credit card in full every month
wait 3 months

free cash!

One thing i noticed...

One item that took a hit when Bing cashback ended, Televisions, it's really hard trying to cobble together a deal on a TV without Bing Cashback imho.

One example is the TV i recently purchased: LG 50PK550 1080P plasma. The cheapest current price on it seems to be Amazon at $918 but it's fulfilled by 6th ave electronics and not Amazon. A month ago you could have purchased it from a few better retailers for between $830-$850 shipped with Bing.

Either we didn't realize how good we had it, or we're just starting to realize :(

Glad i got mine just in the nick of time.

One thing i noticed...

One item that took a hit when Bing cashback ended, Televisions, it's really hard trying to cobble together a deal on a TV without Bing Cashback imho.

One example is the TV i recently purchased: LG 50PK550 1080P plasma. The cheapest current price on it seems to be Amazon at $918 but it's fulfilled by 6th ave electronics and not Amazon. A month ago you could have purchased it from a few better retailers for between $830-$850 shipped with Bing.

Either we didn't realize how good we had it, or we're just starting to realize :(

Glad i got mine just in the nick of time.

Funny, I just bought a 60PK550 a few weeks ago. Got mine from Circuit City when they had the 15.3% cashback. Brought a $1600 TV down to almost $1350.

Funny, I just bought a 60PK550 a few weeks ago. Got mine from Circuit City when they had the 15.3% cashback. Brought a $1600 TV down to almost $1350.
Did Chad's review convince you to buy it?

The feedback + Bing cashback price definitely convinced me.

The bezel must look super narrow on a 60" size, i know its minimal on the 50".

Stay away from ebates. These guys won't pay me my money. They try to keep pushing to a later date even though I was qualified to get money on the 15th of this month. On top it off they only pay out every 3 months which suck donkey ball.

Back