Billy Mitchell Now Suing Karl Jobst

erek, excited, disappointed?

Erek is either banned/suspended or had his account deleted. He won't see it unless he has an alt or browses without being logged in.

When you can't view an account profile, it means something along those lines happened to it.

Erek is either banned/suspended or had his account deleted. He won't see it unless he has an alt or browses without being logged in.

When you can't view an account profile, it means something along those lines happened to it.
1630022216017.png

or they have their profile hidden in the options.

Who decided that having a high score at Pacman or Donkey Kong made you the 'greatest gamer of all time' ??

BS

Put this guy in a game of Quake 3, Quake live, Quake anything with Rapha. His score will be negative..
Put this guy in a game of Starcraft, with anyone with a passing familiarity with it...

be entertaining for sure.

Maybe the greatest video gamer of the 80's.. but didn't he set that DK score in 1999?? a decade late...
But certainly not the greatest of all time.

Last edited:
Who decided that having a high score at Pacman or Donkey Kong made you the 'greatest gamer of all time' ??

BS

Put this guy in a game of Quake 3, Quake live, Quake anything with Rapha. His score will be negative..
Put this guy in a game of Starcraft, with anyone with a passing familiarity with it...

be entertaining for sure.

Maybe the greatest video gamer of the 80's.. but didn't he set that DK score in 1999?? a decade late...
But certainly not the greatest of all time.

"Greatest gamer of all time" is extremely subjective. But claiming GGOAT for pacman or donkey kong is laughable.

I don't think you can ever really call someone that because there are too many different games. Just like you can't really call someone the greatest athlete of all time because there are too many sports. People try to do it, but it's always extremely subjective and no one agrees.

But calling someone greatest gamer of all time for getting the Donkey Kong high score is like calling someone the greatest athlete of all time for winning a bowling tournament.

I think people underestimate the difficulty of older games. I don't know if there are 10 people in the world who can get to a Donkey Kong kill screen on an arcade machine.

And in fairness, Billy Mitchell is usually called the "greatest classic gamer" of all time in other circles which is probably more accurate.

I think people underestimate the difficulty of older games. I don't know if there are 10 people in the world who can get to a Donkey Kong kill screen on an arcade machine.

And in fairness, Billy Mitchell is usually called the "greatest classic gamer" of all time in other circles which is probably more accurate.
Except he really isn't when it's been proven that a lot of his records were fake. As were a lot of other "celebrity" gamers from that time period.

I could agree with "greatest classic gamer".

I'm sure it's very hard to get the Donkey Kong kill screen, but there aren't many people trying.
And it's laughable to compare that to actual competitive games that have millions of people playing them every day with professional leagues, professional players, casters, etc.
Some of these competitions are so hardcore they have groups of people living in gaming houses playing the same game for 12+ hours a day and dedicating their entire lives to the game.

Except he really isn't when it's been proven that a lot of his records were fake. As were a lot of other "celebrity" gamers from that time period.

I don't really care one way or the other. Clearly he's a douche, but he's still better at Pac-Man and Donkey Kong than just about everybody else. And for what it's worth, he has marketed himself better than the other gamers of the time.

And the points about classic games still stands. Donkey Kong is brutally difficult. Load it up on a MAME box sometime and try it out.

I don't really care one way or the other. Clearly he's a douche, but he's still better at Pac-Man and Donkey Kong than just about everybody else. And for what it's worth, he has marketed himself better than the other gamers of the time.

And the points about classic games still stands. Donkey Kong is brutally difficult. Load it up on a MAME box sometime and try it out.
Unless those scores were faked, which once have been proven to be the case. So no, he isn’t necessarily the best at those games. Which is the sole reason he catches so much grief. No one is just hating classic games, people dislike proven cheaters.

I think he's a total conman and grifter but he's probably still got more twitch than 99 out of 100 of us.

That's like saying Jean-Claude Van Damme is just an old movie star. I'm pretty sure he could beat the shit out of most people still.

Unless those scores were faked, which once have been proven to be the case. So no, he isn’t necessarily the best at those games. Which is the sole reason he catches so much grief. No one is just hating classic games, people dislike proven cheaters.
He did later come back and play legitimately, so he clearly has a lot of skill. That said, I find him just insufferable to listen to.

But is his hot sauce any good? Or is it the sauce equivalent of his hair and tie?

https://arcadeonagravelroad.wordpre...ys-world-famous-louisiana-hot-sauce-a-review/

This guy thought it was pretty good. Tastes similar to Franks Hot Sauce just a little thicker.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/billy-mitchells-rickeys-hot-sauce-review-1828470/

This guy thought it was average.

https://www.amazon.com/Rickeys-World-Famous-Louisiana-Sauce/dp/B0018RKCNE

You can buy it here and try it out. There's also a "Wing Sauce" version.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Franks is the best. Also sometimes like the joke hot sauce, this Mexican place I used to go to had one called "Alien Anal Probe".

I think he's a total conman and grifter but he's probably still got more twitch than 99 out of 100 of us.

That's like saying Jean-Claude Van Damme is just an old movie star. I'm pretty sure he could beat the shit out of most people still.
Beating the shit out of someone doesn't make you 'great'.

There are better gamers than him.

Whatever he may have achieved or been able to achieve, has been undone by his actions.

Beating the shit out of someone doesn't make you 'great'.

There are better gamers than him.

Whatever he may have achieved or been able to achieve, has been undone by his actions.

LOL That Punk Kid back in the 80s we had greasers who didn't wash their hair.

View attachment 389017
or they have their profile hidden in the options.
It looks as though the forum software responds in one of at least two different ways when an inaccessible profile is clicked on:
  1. "This user's profile is not available."
  2. "This member limits who may view their full profile."
In this case (1) applies, so presumably the account is in a restricted state of some sort, but it does seem strange that "last seen" date has been receiving updates. Maybe the account holder is able to login but unable to post?

It looks as though the forum software responds in one of at least two different ways when an inaccessible profile is clicked on:
  1. "This user's profile is not available."
  2. "This member limits who may view their full profile."
In this case (1) applies, so presumably the account is in a restricted state of some sort, but it does seem strange that "last seen" date has been receiving updates. Maybe the account holder is able to login but unable to post?
I believe it shows last seen even when banned because the system notes your attempt to login.

I just can't get too excited about it.

Back