Billy Mitchell Now Suing Karl Jobst

If I'm not mistaken there were questions brought up about the Donkey Kong boards that Mitchell used in some of his real hardware runs. Nepotism was rampant in the game records community, and there were instances where judges allowed him to use his own boards. I'll have to look it up.
It seemed like it was common to submit videos from machines you owned, played in your home. Thing started getting a lot more serious, for reasons unknown, and you had to start getting machines preapproved, etc.

There was some controversy about one of his boards, and I think a record not approved because of an inexact repair (capacitor replaced with a similar value instead the stock value, IIRC) or maybe it was donkey kong roms swapped into a newer board or something. I don't expect it was malicious; this is how arcade boards are --- Billy doesn't seem super technical; he probably could check that it wasn't a bootleg board, but he may not have known he needed to be very specific about anything more.

On the mame thing. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if he was playing on one of the multigame jamma boards built around mame; but I haven't checked if that timeline makes sense. I ran across a forum post from 2009 discussing them, but didn't look that hard. He probably should have known if he was using a multiboard instead of a real board, though.

On the mame thing. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if he was playing on one of the multigame jamma boards built around mame

IIRC, he was caught using a MAME emulator at one point.

Why won't this story fucking die?

Fucking pointless arcade gamer sues other fucking pointless arcade gamer. The both should have stopped doing this in ~1987.

I feel similarly about this pathetic group of neck-beards as I do about the Kardashians, the British Royals or Kanye West. Why are we giving them attention?

Can we move on now please?

Fucking pointless arcade gamer sues other fucking pointless arcade gamer. The both should have stopped doing this in ~1987.

I feel similarly about this pathetic group of neck-beards as I do about the Kardashians, the British Royals or Kanye West. Why are we giving them attention?

It's absurd, of course. But we all have the power to not read threads which do not provide value to us.

You came into a topic, you willingly clicked on it, right? You weren't under any duress? So what gives? Do you also buy books you are not interested in then start reading them and then moan how you are not interested in it?

BTW you got the story completely wrong, so it's not as if you ever paid attention to it.

The question is can you take it if a story is not for you? Why do you need everyone else to move on? We are entertained by the show, and if you don't like it you can find the door alone, like you did on the way in.

You came into a topic, you willingly clicked on it, right? You weren't under any duress? So what gives? Do you also buy books you are not interested in then start reading them and then moan how you are not interested in it?

BTW you got the story completely wrong, so it's not as if you ever paid attention to it.

The question is can you take it if a story is not for you? Why do you need everyone else to move on? We are entertained by the show, and if you don't like it you can find the door alone, like you did on the way in.

Fair enough. Thread unwatched :p

I find it ridiculous and I like to pop in for the occasional chuckle. I don't care enough to actually watch a youtube video on it though.
Same here. Karl Jobst can be a bit grating, anyways. Still, it's bullshit what Milly Bitchell is doing to him.

Back