Billy Mitchell Has His Guiness Book Of World Record Scores Reinstated.

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
You mean those he repeatedly demonstrated live in front of witnesses, those records? Yes, he sure does get to keep them

What's your opinion on this? just curious

auntjemima

Supreme [H]ardness
You mean those he repeatedly demonstrated live in front of witnesses, those records? Yes, he sure does get to keep them

The guy does seem like quite the pretentious twat, but he has been witnessed beating scores live, so there isn't much to refute those claims.

Reactions: erek
like this

Master_shake_

[H]F Junkie
LOL the donkey kong record was clearly 2 stitched together videos.

and it was on MAME.

Last edited:

Falkentyne

[H]ard|Gawd
So this guy is the true Donkey Kong king? Man i loved this game when I was a teenager...

Reactions: erek
like this

Master_shake_

[H]F Junkie
On what exactly?

How does that refute my statement?

And if you're going by Twin Galaxies on anything Mitchell related, well, that is the dictionary definition of fake news.

That is how he got his Guinness record

He stitched together videos and used MAME.

So no he shouldn't get to keep his record.

Meeho

Supreme [H]ardness
on him getting to keep his scores
Good decision. One possible fake record doesn't invalidate all the rest. People make up their minds based on his likeability, not his performance.
That is how he got his Guinness record

He stitched together videos and used MAME.

So no he shouldn't get to keep his record.
It's as if you can't read.

Master_shake_

[H]F Junkie
Good decision. One possible fake record doesn't invalidate all the rest. People make up their minds based on his likeability, not his performance.

It's as if you can't read.

Because that video is what the record is for.

First person to reach 1 million

Meeho

Supreme [H]ardness
Because that video is what the record is for.

First person to reach 1 million
There are multiple records of which he was stripped, that he made before MAME even existed. Those should never have been taken away and those are the ones that were rightfully reinstated.

The newer Kong ones are suspect (some more than others), but seeing as he proved in live settings that he could do them and that there is insufficient evidence at least for the 1.06 one that it wasn't legit, and that the only disputed thing is that they were done on MAME, not that they couldn't be done on the arcade, they are not a hill I'm willing to die on either way.

Master_shake_

[H]F Junkie
There are multiple records of which he was stripped, that he made before MAME even existed. Those should never have been taken away and those are the ones that were rightfully reinstated.

The newer Kong ones are suspect (some more than others), but seeing as he proved in live settings that he could do them and that there is insufficient evidence at least for the 1.06 one that it wasn't legit, and that the only disputed thing is that they were done on MAME, not that they couldn't be done on the arcade, they are not a hill I'm willing to die on either way.
There are 3 and they are all covered in that video.

None of them stand up to scrutiny.

Meeho

Supreme [H]ardness
ElbOsJTXgAEJXcB.jpeg

Suck it, haters! Papa Billy scored a win.

PhaseNoise

2[H]4U
I have no doubt that he has skills at these games, but man if the guy doesn't come off as one of the biggest douche nozzles in history.
There are many foggy areas in all of this, except that exact point.

His standing as "giant nozzle" seems to be legally airtight.

Reactions: TypeO
like this
This is like when my kids are fighting...
You never know who's really telling the truth when each side believes they were right.

t1337duder

Weaksauce
Billy Mitchell is one of a kind and he's clearly very good at Donkey Kong. I'm happy he got some of his records back.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
I was paging though then book for 2020 Guiness book of world records on my lunch break. Basically anything goes for a record today I mean they had people listed with the biggest Assassin Creed collection which was like 1,300 items and biggest POP Doll collection.

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
He had legit scores on machines during live performances. He is good at these games, he just also has a very questionable area with twin galaxies (before the take over) which I believe where all this cheating comes from. It wasn't just the shady video handed to grandma.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
I have the Highscore on Ms. PACMAN at our Walmart just by watching Billy Mitchell play a bit. Only screens 3 in the game done on my lunchbreak. Its thise mock 1up machines we sell in electronics.

Icecold

Weaksauce
The real question here - has anybody tried his "Rickey's World Famous" hot sauce and if so is it bomb? I don't really want to give that clown any of my money but I'm always down to try a new hot sauce. 🤔

Zarathustra[H]

Fully [H]
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone cares who is good at an almost 40 year old uninteresting platform game.

This Billy Mitchell guy came across as a total douche, and that matters more to me than any claims of greatness on completely irrelevant games.

Heck, even if he had claims of more modern and relevant games I wouldn't give a shit.

They are just games. They are supposed to be fun little diversions. You take them too seriously, you lose.

Mode13

Gawd
I have no doubt that he has skills at these games, but man if the guy doesn't come off as one of the biggest douche nozzles in history.

I've watched a few of his twitch live streams and talked to a few people who have met him and concluded that he does this bad guy act intentionally in order to attract attention to keep his career going. Like the adage "any attention is good attention". We can all hate on him 10000 times over but it's what puts money in the mans pockets and it's what he expects :p... There are edgy people out there who want the bad guy to win.

It's amazing that he goes as far as frivolous lawsuits and having his live stream bots call his fans "loosers", but that's his angle.

either that or he's incredibly stupid and managed to become fairly wealthy off of being dumb... LOL

Falkentyne

[H]ard|Gawd
I've watched a few of his twitch live streams and talked to a few people who have met him and concluded that he does this bad guy act intentionally in order to attract attention to keep his career going. Like the adage "any attention is good attention". We can all hate on him 10000 times over but it's what puts money in the mans pockets and it's what he expects :p... There are edgy people out there who want the bad guy to win.

It's amazing that he goes as far as frivolous lawsuits and having his live stream bots call his fans "loosers", but that's his angle.

either that or he's incredibly stupid and managed to become fairly wealthy off of being dumb... LOL

So you mean, sort of like Dr. Disrespect and Tyler1, then?

MavericK

Zero Cool
Acting like a douche to get attention doesn't make you any less of a douche.