Bill Gates predicts our work meetings will move to metaverse in 2-3 years

modern.png

As someone who has a daily 8am scrum and kanban sprint project review (EVERY F*CKING DAY) ..... the only difference now is we do it from home instead of from a conference room at the office. With people jammed in a small room coughing and wheezing all over each over. *shudders*

I do sort of miss the comraderies if you are lucky enough to have coworkers you like. I used to, but eventually everyone leaves and you're left with the rest.

Some people see value in a physical presence in the office just so they can randomly walk by and drop unwanted work in your lap. If I'm remote, I'm busy. I'm in a meeting. I'm in the middle of a project. No time to chat. If it's important, send me an email or put in a change ticket. It's shocking how well this works.

I mean honestly if you walked through our building circa 2019 all you see is people wearing headphones all day anyway. They don't want to chit chat. Sometimes people just wear the headsets to look busy so people won't talk to them (I am guilty of this).

Heh, I actually wore my shoot muffs for awhile.

Back