Bill Gates Offering $100k For Next-Gen Condom

HardOCP News

[H] News
No, this isn't one of those old scam "Bill Gates is giving away money" e-mails, the billionaire is actually giving out a $100,000 grant for next-gen condoms. :eek:

Now, with a $100,00 grant offered through the Grand Challenges in Global Health Program, the Gateses are hoping to find “anyone — students, scientists or entrepreneurs” to reinvent the condom. It’s your time to shine, Ballmer.

reusable, structurally anti-viral and anti-biotic, single-atom layered, graphene-based

Hmm, I know, we can integrate a speaker inside one, and when it is put on correctly, it can say ready for lift off!

How about those two sprays where they coat shoes and other such items and pour oil/mud and things slide right off? :confused:

coat_hanger_c-426x249.jpg

really, the only thing that makes sense is a reusable condom. sure the idea is gross, but if you invent a $10 or even $25 condom that can be washed and reused for like a year, that would be incredible for 3rd world countries where the quantity and cost of condoms just cant support the population.

I call it "iFuckyesukidno". (With the ability to be used as cock ring)

g7Guhox.jpg

Now with Antigravity lubricant.

Here's the packaging.

a.baa-Funny-Condom-Name.jpg

Just stick a plastic rod up the nozzle.

You can call it Plug-n-Play.

Problem is, you can only have sex 5 times unless you have an ethernet cable stuffed in your ass.

LOL @ the second comment of the source page.

"If Microsoft invented it, half its users would suffer from BBoD (Blue Balls of Death)." :LOL:

How about those two sprays where they coat shoes and other such items and pour oil/mud and things slide right off? :confused:

Those surfaces are hydrophobic because their rough structure catches air very efficiently... you don't want a rough surface in your genitals ;-)

Hopefully this next-gen condom can be worn by the female instead of the guy. We suffer with reduced sensation, not to mention cost of said condom.

You mean like the Diaphragm birth control?... add a bit of spermicide and it will handle the birth control side of the equation mighty fine, just not necessarily as good against VD's.

Hi, I'm Mac and he'sssss.....

PC whoa wha the fuck are you doing?

Oh, we finally had a winner to the condom contest. Now it is time to fuck you silly.

They should try to popularize that 15 minutes procedure which renders the semen mutated... It apparently is cheap and lasts for 10 years or until you wish to get it reversed.

Obviously that does nothing to protect from STDs, but it's still a great advancement in birth control

Just give anyone on welfare or convicted of a felony a vasectomy and fix our illegal-immigration problem, and that would lower population density and low-income and single-mother households in the US.

Lower pop-density and higher-income areas suffer unintended pregnancy and STD rates at a miniscule fraction of the average.

So you can fix the out of control population growth and primary contributor to the spread of STDs without any the need for high-tech condoms. I call this land Ductopia, and everyone speaks English, reverse parks their vehicles, and littering is punished by running a gauntlet where the community gets to pelt you with garbage.

also not required: common sense or a basic understanding of the issue.

Actually it's perfect understanding. Abstinence and monogamy are seen as old-fashioned, yet if adhered to prevent the transmission of disease. As for birth control... sex is nature's way of reproducing the species, and predates human whims by a very, very long time. The problem is that people want the icing without the cake, as it were - all the physical pleasure they can get without any consequences or natural outcomes. Reality does not care about what people want, and does not forgive or understand irresponsible behavior. You want a solution to diseases? Well, since nobody likes the "religious" answer, I'll invoke Darwin then. Let the infected die. That will reduce the population and the surviving members of the species will become resistant over generations. Heartless, cruel, I know, but the alternative - a long life of commitment to one person and actually raising a family is so much crueler it seems.

If you expect a condom to actually protect against STD's and pregnancy it had better made like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFC0O393DQ

Condoms protecting against STD's is mostly placebo effect since they only cover a small area that gets exposed during sex. Just keep telling the kiddies it'll they'll be okay if they wear one and then have fun later on explaining how they could have possibly gotten infected while wearing one.

Proof enough for me that it's all BS was when a condom pushing health care pro was asked if he'd have sex with a person infected with HIV while wearing a condom. Can you guess what his answer was? That's right, he said HELL NO! (okay, I paraphrased, sue me).

Keep in mind that the golden age of antibiotics is pretty much over.
There's also a new super gonorrhea that's antibiotic resistant/incurable and deadly.

Fact is that polonyc2 has stated the only truly effective method of preventing either.

Q: What do they call people who use condoms?
A: Parents

Actually it's perfect understanding. Abstinence and monogamy are seen as old-fashioned, yet if adhered to prevent the transmission of disease. As for birth control... sex is nature's way of reproducing the species, and predates human whims by a very, very long time. The problem is that people want the icing without the cake, as it were - all the physical pleasure they can get without any consequences or natural outcomes. Reality does not care about what people want, and does not forgive or understand irresponsible behavior. You want a solution to diseases? Well, since nobody likes the "religious" answer, I'll invoke Darwin then. Let the infected die. That will reduce the population and the surviving members of the species will become resistant over generations. Heartless, cruel, I know, but the alternative - a long life of commitment to one person and actually raising a family is so much crueler it seems.

well if you think telling everyone they need to stop having sex will solve the issue, then no you dont understand. and im glad someone like bill gates is involved in this and not you.

see for you or myself it is easy. there are condoms everywhere, birth control is easy to find and cheap, etc. go to somewhere these arent as readily available, and tell them "tough shit if you wanna have sex, then youre all gonna have tons of babies and STDs." its pretty heartless and unrealistic. people are not going to stop having sex, if you want a solution to STDs and overpopulation, it's condoms.

Spray on Axe Penis-Wrap.

Just spray it over the tip.

Or the federal government can make one. They do a bang up job of making my tax dollars disappear so they can probably do the same for semen.....

I think mynamehere is just so angsty and pro abstinence because hes never gotten laid. With or without a condom.

Abstinence and monogamy are seen as old-fashioned, yet if adhered to prevent the transmission of disease. As for birth control... sex is nature's way of reproducing the species, and predates human whims by a very, very long time. The problem is that people want the icing without the cake, as it were - all the physical pleasure they can get without any consequences or natural outcomes.
Ugh, I can hear the bible thumping in the background. Sin! Sin!!!!

Having sex purely for pleasure and not procreation is one of the clearest signs of heightened intelligence and elevation above mere beasts, and only the two other most intelligent species on the planet have learned to exploit this; chimpanzees and dolphins, widely recognized as very creative and intelligent.

So sex for pleasure is not a PROBLEM, it is a sign of ENLIGHTENMENT, a milestone of intelligence.

Likewise, the intelligent and enlightened solution to undesirable consequences is not to ignore it ("Darwinism" certainly promotes strategies that improve survival rate among the species), but to find creative ways to "have your cake and eat it too".

Religion < Enlightenment = Steak and Blowjob Fridays

Back