Bilkom: Cyberpunk 2077 Will Release in 2019

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Turkish publisher Bilkom, which happens to be one of CD Projekt RED’s official distributors, sent out a tweet earlier this week claiming Cyberpunk 2077 would be released sometime next year. Being that the game is still in alpha, Bilkom could be mistaken, but the developers did manage to confirm and tease some other tidbits, which include a photo mode and the possibility of ray tracing and mod support.

We strongly suggest taking this with a grain of salt. We do know that CD Projekt RED will release Cyberpunk 2077 on current-gen systems (and perhaps on next-gen consoles, too), so a 2020 release date seems more logical. I mean, the first gameplay footage we saw from Cyberpunk 2077 was last month, and we are almost certain that the team needs more than a year in order to finalize it.

CDPR only recently (just after E3) announced the game is playable start to finish but some big content chunks are still missing.

"The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process", Borzymowski said.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-daylight-interview/

TBH if they are not even content complete (let alone starting final bug squish, testing and optimization) I would prefer it DIDN'T come out next year.

Christmas release 2019 is still like 15 months, could be they are hedging a bit on how complete the game actually is at this point and might make it, but yes, make it right or don't release it please!

I'll be upgrading my GPU once this gets released. Or perhaps once it gets released I'll be waiting for whatever GPU lets me run it maxed out at 4k with acceptable frames.

i think im waiting until the Enhanced Edition.

they always patch these games heavily for 6-18 months, so why bother playing a great but broken game when you could wait and play it right.

i think im waiting until the Enhanced Edition.

they always patch these games heavily for 6-18 months, so why bother playing a great but broken game when you could wait and play it right.

Did you play Witcher 3 at launch?

I take it as a grain of salt. Projekt Red has been under financial pressure for a while. Add to the fact that its not quite a good place to work for, the years of creating the IP only to be in pre Alpha still? Yea... sure... would not hold my breath on anything... especially turning in a quality product.

My fears are they are just going to skin the eye candy to a modified engine that drives the Witcher series. Which they could have done a long time ago. t's going to be a rushed job.

if it's in alpha stage then a 2019 release is likely...is every big new game now going to come with the question- but will it support ray-tracing?!

I trust that the game will be released when CDPR is ready to release it. Not before, not after.

Back