Biggest nightmare come true = 1yr old system sudden serious problem

notsure

Limp Gawd
i was gaming BL2 with a friend till morning hours , got tired at some point shut down windows and went to sleep.

10 hours later i press the power button to boot my pc for the next gaming session , and there it is:

System turns on , 3-6 seconds BEFORE BIOS screen , shuts down, restarts ,shuts down restarts ...in keeps doing that in a loop until i interupt it.
No warning or failure Beeps , USB ports unresponsive .oddly enough the GPU , Cooler and Casefans spin. I tried everything i could gather via the Internet
1 .Remove and reseat all Psu /Mobo connection cables
2. Start the system naked with one stick of ram and hdd
3. Start the system entirely naked
4.Disconnected LED light, powerbutton from the case started via Mobo powerbutton

My System wasnt a cheap one in my country and im totaly devestated.What and why could this happen? The only good thing is , the the place i bought this System (and who assembled it) are are known to be somewhat costumerfriendly, but well who knows how this turns out in reality. Whats my worst case scenario here ,and how long , if somings broken do i have for replacement ? bought the system in may 2012.

Tried different sticks of ram in different slots?
Do you have a multimeter? Try measuring the psu voltages.
Tried resetting the bios?

have you tried fully unplugging the computer from the wall and resetting the CMOS?

Did you try the ram in different memory channels? I've had a motherboard with a dead memory channel before.

If you have onboard graphics try removing the GPU and booting up.

Just keep eliminating things one by one, chances are though somethings up with the mobo

dont have any xtra stich
sadly i dont have a multimeter and even if wouldnt understand the readingd i think:(
Do you mean via CMOS reset? im too scare to screw things up more

lilfiend

i tried the onboard graphics= no good
tried different channels =no good

Like mentioned above im ways to scared to do that CMOS thing , bc i fear i could do some foolish mistake and make the warranty void

Resetting the CMOS should not be means for voiding a warranty,
But if your worried, call the company and ask

CMOS reset is detailed in the manual and is a routine procedure

i havent done anything , nothing that could the let cmos go explode. I played a game shut down windows in the proper way.
The system was virus protected and was running fine ....so why all of a sudden ? from one day to the next day ? I was under the impression i bought quality products.

thanks for trying to help me , much appreciated , but im way to stressed and worried atm to undergo another round if "it could be this"

any number of things can go wrong with electronic components at any time

personally I suspect a power supply failure but we don't have enough information yet to say

there is no CMOS "explode" resetting the BIOS by clearing the CMOS is a basic troubleshooting step, many motherboards have a button on the back to make it easier even...not a big deal

just google up your manual and follow the procedure, then try the system in a bare minimum configuration again and report back

how long does that warranty thing take in general to arrive with a replacent item?
And is there something like a replacement thingy while i wait for it??

Is ther any chance that it could be the cpu ? or is that outta question due the symptoms??

ok my deceison is im going to return it to place i bought it . But what i will definatly do is giving a heads
up in what manner this issue got resolved , bc many ppl post their issues and once resolved they dont give any further info on how that happened.
Thanks @ Justinjja @ jojo and lilfiend

The loop process i have seen before when the CPU Fan/Thermal is not in contact with the CPU or fan plug came unplugged.

Also the powersupply could be compromised i have seen it do some weird stuff when the powersupply is shot.

What about your hard drive? It sounds like its not finding a boot file on the mbr.

Let us know what they say back to you, i am interested.

when i turned in the PC at the seller i watched the tech guy plugging several other PSU's to the system, also tried different memory sticks .The problem was still there. The seller told me that they'll let me know within 4 days what the issue is .
Ah and btw , neither was clearing the CMOS of any help

Ok got a phonecall from the seller, said it was a Mobo failure. He said also it was impossible to determine what part of the Mobo failed to perform and why , saying "thinks like that can happen".
They had no MSI replacement of same quality at hand ,so they offered me a Z77 Maximus V gene as replacement without any xtra costs...well i took that offer.
Gonna pick up my hopefully healed PC tomorrow.

Back