Biggest game euphoria for you?

Walking out of Mos Eisely onto a dune looking up at the 2 moons and hearing that epic Star Wars music kick in in the first week of the SWG release. So so cool. That game was so incredible for the first few months.

Mechwarrior 2 Ghost Bear Expansion : The bay doors opening up to a blizzard.
WoW : Downing Val in BWL, then probably Nef.
AoC: Horse kicking players down a cliff side ... lol.

I could go on and on.

Getting away from an MMO is pretty euphoric.

I'm finally canceling my EVE: Online accounts. Haven't been doing the last 6 months except changing skills. I should probably give my billionz and stuff to someone.... maybe Hard Corp or maybe just a random noob.

Random non noob here but would still like some stuffs.

The chars would work too :)

Downing all ten opponents in 10v10 team adversarial in Raven Shield on [MP] Streets.

Pretty much every part of KOTOR past Taris.

Pretty much all of Crysis except for the Core level.

The end of Baldurs Gate 2. When you finally beat Irenicus for the last time, and the Demons drag him down to hell screaming. Absolutely Awesome.

Left4Dead with Nvidia 3DVision. Killing zombies in 3D eats 3 hours per day of my life for weeks now .. addiction!

^..what is this like? all the zombies rushing at you from all sides and screaming and guns blaring and more screamings......all in 3D?

....just shat my pants...

World of Warcraft: PvP'ing as a mage in battlegrounds. God, I used to love just blowing people up. I was always reading up on strats and builds.

Rockband 2: getting 100% on a song in Expert. That's a great feeling.

WoW: when I did play, spending talents and get togethers for raids etc...shit was pretty fun, but I also contribute that to a good guild with mature ppl. Owning in PVP too!

BF2, I can never get enough of the game, so many variables, Infantry only or not, working with a squad and completely obliterating the other team etc...

as of lately Americas Army 3 beta, damn fun and addicting.

Last edited:
Planescape: Torment

Unreal Tournament games, carrying the flag and killing the other carrier, capping
Redeemer, BFG
Blizzard cutscenes
Original TF, letting go of the sniper rifle trigger and hearing a crack of skull
Taking down the chopper in Half Life
Portal
Reaver drop, or putting the ghost on the ridge and nuking
WoW PVP with balanced teams, about 3 AM
Crossbow, HL2 shooting galleries
Fallout Tactics, some big lug with an aircraft Browning M2 lighting up enemies

Easter eggs are good, too.

Tecmo Bowl, Madden. Blocking my brother's punt and driving for a game-winning TD.

WoW: when I did play, spending talents and get togethers for raids etc...shit was pretty fun, but I also contribute that to a good guild with mature ppl. Owning in PVP too!

BF2, I can never get enough of the game, so many variables, Infantry only or not, working with a squad and completely obliterating the other team etc...

as of lately Americas Army 3 beta, damn fun and addicting.

How is the AA3 beta? Any comparisons to other FPS or AA2.x? I used to play that damn game too much..

My only real awesome gaming moments were from when I was younger.. FF7 had a ton. Also FFXI, my first MMO. When all the memes weren't around yet and doing stupid shit was still original/funny.

Defidently Metal Gear Solid 4. That was the last one that was euphoric... Especially after you beat it the first time and you can restart with all your acquired weapons and stuff, that made the game great. I replayed it 4 times but the first time through... oh man was it epic.

Defidently Metal Gear Solid 4. That was the last one that was euphoric... Especially after you beat it the first time and you can restart with all your acquired weapons and stuff, that made the game great. I replayed it 4 times but the first time through... oh man was it epic.

^... completely agree! I think all the metal gear solid games are amazing for its time!

Metal gear solid 2 - sniper boss! criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaazzily intense!

All of Planescape: Torment

Capping the flag in any CTF game, the more players the better.

me and another guy spending hours in everquest one night trying to get the ancient cyclops. He popped, we killed him, and I won the roll. Euphoria indeed. Getting the journeymans boots was awesome for my rogue.

Finishing HL2. It was the first game I played when I was finally able to return to serious gaming after bringing up a family. Still one of my favorites.

Warcraft II. I just loved the tension of each new level and how difficult some of them were to figure out.

HOMM3 the first time me and my son beat an 8 player map on impossible, with a no save/no load rule. Definitely a challenge worth trying some time.

Beating Leisure Suit Larry at a BBQ completely drunk. Me and a buddy beat it in record time. We were so gone, we were Larry.

Figuring out a tough puzzle in KQ3. I would spend hours mulling it over, and then, boom, it would come to me. Great feeling.

Bioshock, start to finish. I still can't believe how the splicers made me jump out of my skin.

Starsiege: Tribes back in the day.

Countless days of playing for hours.

Good fun on the same and usual server with the regulars and many fond memories also.

Great people, good chats and occasional brewskis. :)

Baldurs Gate 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 were 2 games that just messed with me in terms of emotional attachment.

I really felt like i knew my characters as people in baldurs gate 1. Personal attachment to them, so odd.

I really felt like i knew my characters as people in baldurs gate 1. Personal attachment to them, so odd.

i know what u mean. had the same xperience with final fantasy 7 and metal gear solid 2 (didn
t play 4)...and no games in recent memory had come close to replicating it.

Coming over a hill at 150 kts in Longbow 2 multi and unleashing a massive barrage of Hellfires, Stingers and 30mm to save a teammate who was being engaged by a couple Hinds and a bunch of ground units. Also in LB2, sneaking up behind a Russian helo and taking it out with the .50 cal on the Kiowa :)

Sinking a battleship or carrier in SH3 and slinking away scot-free is always good times as well.

KOTOR... god, I spent two back-to-back nights up til 7am playing it through the first time. Did I mention I was going to work at 9am on those mornings? Hooked me hard...

As much as I bash WoW for being the time-waster that it was and the general pointlessness of it all, that game gave me more "tingly" moments than anything else.

The first time I spawned my dwarf in Dun Morogh and realized just how huge the world was. It was pure bliss all the way to 60. Once I reached 60 and found myself in a great raid guild with good people. Every single boss kill from Molten Core on through Kael'thas (last boss I killed before I quit) was just awesome. Highlights were my first Ragnaros, Onyxia, Vael, Nefarian, Vashj and Kael kills. Heart racing, fingers tingling, cheers on vent as the last 1% ticks down....seriously just awesome stuff. Sometimes I really miss it but I feel the current game has lost most of it's pull for me. It was more about the people I played with than the kill itself and I certainly never cared that much about the gear (though it was still nice). Finally, beating a top rated team for 24 points climbing to 2000 arena rating to buy my season 3 weapon. Just awesome stuff.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is the best fps I've played since the first Half-Life. I've never been so wrapped up in a game in my life. It consumed me until I finally beat it.

The twist in Bioshock was real slick too and I got chills when it unfurled.

God I love gaming.

Being behind by a few kills in UT, then by combination of skill and (mainly) sheer luck getting a "mega kill" or "holy shit" that puts you into the win.

Hmm lets see here Guild Wars Prophecies when you start in Pre-Searing and everything is all green and nice and I felt like I could totally live there, then the Charr appear and those who've played know what happen ;) . However the most emotional part was coming from the mountians into Kryta where you see green and grass and life for the first time since pre-searing, that was a damn fine moment.

I felt like that in Planescape: Torment, but that game was unique. Far more dialoge than any other game I've played before or since. The characters within your party can interact on their own and have conversations concerning them and their own thoughts. You can talk with your party members and discover all sorts of things about them; If they let you.

I don't think a game with that much text would survive today, though. Heck, it barely survived back then :/

hard to top the feeling of canceling your wow subscription.

When I finally found the second half of the sword (talisman) in Ultima Underworld.

EverQuest - Getting the Necklace of Superiority, finally getting the AC in SRo, finishing the Mage Epic (1.0) quest when there were only about 20ish around on all servers, getting a Root earring (as a mage), joining the Fires of Heaven - we kicked ass and took names...and they are still doing it in WoW.

The biggest Euphoria for me ever was beating Ruby in FF7, I wish there were still games out there that were as fast paced/immersive/and tactical as a Final Fantasy 7 boss fight.

Is this a joke?

Knights of the Round
Mime

Repeat.

I already responded to this and said Metal Gear Solid 4 was my last game that was Euphoric, but I just remembered a game called The Darkness. I remember going into the house and seeing ghosts of your past playing with your friend... and then something awful happens... that was a pretty emotional experience especially when you felt powerless to help your friend.

Is this a joke?

Knights of the Round
Mime

Repeat.

firstly, not always you get Knights of the Round to use...secondly..i think the intensity of balancing all the moves (pheonix down, megaelixir, slow, 4x-cut, etcetc ) to stay alive is pretty...freaking edge-of-the-seat intense, for the lack of a better word!! love that game!

I already responded to this and said Metal Gear Solid 4 was my last game that was Euphoric, but I just remembered a game called The Darkness. I remember going into the house and seeing ghosts of your past playing with your friend... and then something awful happens... that was a pretty emotional experience especially when you felt powerless to help your friend.

Besides that scene, is the game any good? i read the review in Pc Gamer and it is pretty average...but ur "review" sounds like it is a game worth the emotional price of entry!

For me, it's got to be several moments in SWG. Notably: Mastering Bioengineer, mastering CH (I never was much of a grinder, so mastering professions took time and meant something), having one of the top BEs on the server ask me for a recipe, but mostly, just being part of an amazing guild and the times spent with them.

The first author medal I earned in Trackmania United comes to mind - that took forever.

LAN games with my brother (usually Age of Empires 2 or Star Wars: Rebellion) tended to produce strong emotions, up and down.

At the end of the day, I'd say the strongest euphorias are not the direct results of the games themselves. Rather, these strong moments occur when the game is in some sense "channeling" a relationship.

For me, it's got to be several moments in SWG. Notably: Mastering Bioengineer, mastering CH (I never was much of a grinder, so mastering professions took time and meant something), having one of the top BEs on the server ask me for a recipe, but mostly, just being part of an amazing guild and the times spent with them.

Oh man, SWG brings back awesome memories.

Back