Biggest game dissapointments for you?

Putz

I have a custom title
Age of Conan, - self explanatory for anyone who spent money to buy it.
World of Warcraft - BC and WOTLK (Classic was great)
L4D - fun but lacking, should have been a 10-20$ mod for HL2 owners
Asherons Call 2 - big let down from the original
Ultima online - 3d classic was good, 3d looked awful
Crysis - by the time you could play it smoothly with eyecandy it was outdated

im sure more will come up when someone mentions something i remember

Last edited:
L4D - fun but lacking
r

bought it for 45 dollars when it first came out.

its great but jeez, it feels like a mod. the game seems so arcady and empty after you played all the modes. it took me a week for me to stop playing. wish killing floor and l4d combined.

bought it for 45 dollars when it first came out.

its great but jeez, it feels like a mod. the game seems so arcady and empty after you played all the modes. it took me a week for me to stop playing. wish killing floor and l4d combined.

it should have been a 10-20$ mod if you owned HL2 imo.

then it wouldn't be on my list.

Mechwarrior 4 - turned into a "hide behind something and fire rockets"
Portal - great concept and gameplay, way too short

Mirror's Edge
Fallout 3 - without mods
Too Human
Ultima 9 - I still say it doesn't exist

Yea L4d just gets way too repetitive and boring after awhile. Good thing I only bought it at $25 during a promotional weekend.

Fallout 3 i just can't get into it
GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTAIV. I loved the 3rd but when san andreas came out and you could level your guys muscle, bleh. Some things I just don't wanna do.

demigod

I can't believe nobody has put this on their list yet. It instantly jumped in my mind as soon as I saw this thread.

Hellgate London. Why did I waste $50 on that game even after playing alpha and beta. That will be the last time I buy a game based on false hopes and promises.
Age of Conan. Ya play testing the first 20 levels is a great way to balance end game content. :rolleyes:

I'd say that Advent Rising was one of my bigger disappointments. Probably because it was a game that I wanted so very much to like, even after I'd come to realize how flawed it was. There were genuinely enjoyable aspects to the game, but accessing that content was an exercise in frustration. I spent about 10 hours in that game only to be halted by a game ending bug somewhere near the end.

Left 4 Dead -Game mechanics ok for the most part. Graphics are dated (though this is not my main complaint) and the weapons/enemies just lack variety. I would have also liked more gore.

Age of Conan -I actually liked the game but the lack of content at certain levels was a huge turn off. Another major complaint is the bugs the game has. They really took away from my ability to enjoy playing the game. Nothing worse than spending 4 hours on a quest just to find out you can't complete it because of game glitches.

FEAR 2 -I was mainly disappointed by some of the weapons and the extremely short length of the game.

FarCry 2 -The game's lack of direction and complete departure from the first game's gameplay and art style was a huge turn off for me. Crysis felt much more like FarCry 2 than FarCry 2 did.

Unreal Tournament III -The levels are too small and they screwed up or simply removed previous games, gameplay modes which really hurt the final product. At this point I only enjoy death match on the Deck 17 map. (Deck 17 being from UT'99 and revamped for each game since.)

Call of Duty 5 World at War -Meh, another WWII game.

Jericho -Can you say consolitis?

Soldier of Fortune III -A totally unstalbe, bug ridden piece of shit, with stupid gore not at all cool or reminiscent of the "more realistic" (I know, I know) gore of the first two games. Graphically it was shit, gameplay was worse.

Last edited:
GTA IV
Fear 2
the latest total war game, its so bad, I dont even remember what its called

WAR and CoD4 are the most recent.

WAR is really, really boring; CoD4 is a spray fest.

COD4 is amazing if your good at it....
But COD5 was by far my biggest let down. Terrible sound, and game play sucked and the maps weren't made for competitive play.

Age of Conan. Ya play testing the first 20 levels is a great way to balance end game content. :rolleyes:

LOL played to 22 and gave up. Some how my buddy who made me buy it got to 80 :eek:

I like l4d and i agree there should be more maps but i still like it. It looks like if it was 30 bucks there wouldnt be any complaints... like tf2 great for 20, 30 would have been pushing it.

Far Cry 2... boring as hell.

Left 4 Dead: Extreme lack of content, SDK, shitty match making system, and VS is an unbalanced melee whore fest. Game mechanics are TOO simple with right click being the counter to everything on survivor. This game was a massive let down.

Hellgate London, spent 70 dollars on the collectors edition, that being said I suffered through and beat it, HORRIBLE GAME.

But COD5 was by far my biggest let down. Terrible sound, and game play sucked and the maps weren't made for competitive play.
Heh, the reason I dislike CoD4 is that it's TOO easy! Spray and pray! Grab an SMG and go to town, easy to get a 3:1 ratio your first time playing. I miss CoD1 and having an SMG not snipe you from across the map. But I know Im in the minority...

Far Cry 2... boring as hell.

Left 4 Dead: Extreme lack of content, SDK, shitty match making system, and VS is an unbalanced melee whore fest. Game mechanics are TOO simple with right click being the counter to everything on survivor. This game was a massive let down.

L4D has been patched quite recently that balanced Melee out more. You can only bash a few times before it's on a ~2sec cooldown. Honestly it just takes coordination; a good Boom and then the other 3 attacking simultaneously = seriously hurt survivors. I think Campaign is boring, but the custom maps will make it a bit better. I wonder if new weapons will ever be introduced. Versus is fun as hell though if you're playing with friends. I'm pretty gnarly with the Hunter, nonstop 25dmg pounces :D

Even my granny is good at cod4, the recoil patterns on most guns are very tight especially when you aim down the sight, it's just point at the target and hold down the mouse button, in CS 1.6 you need fire one bullet at a time in order to survive especially if your opponent is very far away from you, spraying with a ak47/m4 is an ART in this game not pure randomness, HeatoN for a example was very well known for his spraying technique back in the day.

I've tried promodlive, same shit :( guns shoot like airsoft replicas (very low recoil/spread) even when you jump, the maps and sounds suck in cod4 as well, cod2 had MUCH better positional audio, you can improve it a little bit by using 5.1 sound settings along with cmss3d headphone ( something like this http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2444347&postcount=31 ) but it will be still far from perfect.

Assassin's Creed

I'm an idiot for buying it due to already having read it's flaws, and it doesn't look as good as I thought it would.

Left4Dead.

I cannot even play it anymore without experiencing this constantly. Haven't touched the game in about a month.
When it doesn't freeze/lag/crash, it's by far my top 5 fav games of all time.

Heh, the reason I dislike CoD4 is that it's TOO easy! Spray and pray! Grab an SMG and go to town, easy to get a 3:1 ratio your first time playing. I miss CoD1 and having an SMG not snipe you from across the map. But I know Im in the minority...

L4D has been patched quite recently that balanced Melee out more. You can only bash a few times before it's on a ~2sec cooldown. Honestly it just takes coordination; a good Boom and then the other 3 attacking simultaneously = seriously hurt survivors. I think Campaign is boring, but the custom maps will make it a bit better. I wonder if new weapons will ever be introduced. Versus is fun as hell though if you're playing with friends. I'm pretty gnarly with the Hunter, nonstop 25dmg pounces :D
Even with the cooldown melee still stuns, blinds, damages, and knocks the zombie back all at the same time. Corner camping is still the best tactic at crescendos and survivor mode is nothing but corner camping. It's boring and they fucked that game up. Custom maps may make it better, but we can't make custom maps and the match making system does not support them as of yet and I have yet to hear anything about new weapons.

Oh yeah and Unreal Tournament III, they took everything that made UT cool and took it out. They left us with a pile of shit.

Age of Conan, - self explanatory for anyone who spent money to buy it.
World of Warcraft - BC and WOTLK (Classic was great)
L4D - fun but lacking, should have been a 10-20$ mod for HL2 owners
Asherons Call 2 - big let down from the original
Ultima online - 3d classic was good, 3d looked awful
Crysis - by the time you could play it smoothly with eyecandy it was outdated

im sure more will come up when someone mentions something i remember

That is a huge fucking understatement! It was like a completely different company made that game. I was so bummed when that shit came out.

Age of Conan - no explanation needed... I want my $50 back.

Warhammer Online - I know some people actually liked this game, but I thought it was as uninspired as Conan, especially considering all the material they had to work with.

Wrath of the Lich King - After the enjoyable trek to level 80 the dungeon and raid environment left (and still does) a lot to be desired. Turning arena PVP into an elitest only-club + making regular PVP battlegrounds a pointless waste of time pretty much ended the only reason I had left to play. Haven't even played for over a month now after trying Ulduar and immediately getting bored again.

Half-Life 2 - too much filler, not enough good stuff. Ep1 was good because it kept the good parts and did away with the crap.
Spore - kind of obvious why.
FEAR 2 - boring. Watered-down game mechanics, very consolized, and pathetic graphics for a current-gen game. Multiplayer support from the devs has also been basically nonexistent. I expected better from Monolith.
UT3 at release (the game is actually good now) - terrible menu system, hardly any maps, worthless server browser, and Warfare. Pretty much all of those issues have been taken care of (except for Warfare), but there are still fairly few players unfortunately.
STALKER: Clear Sky - SoC is one of the best games I've played in the past decade. CS was decent, but not nearly as good. And the older artifact system was much better.
Duke Nukem Forever - fuck GeorgeB.

Wrath of the Lich King - After the enjoyable trek to level 80 the dungeon and raid environment left (and still does) a lot to be desired. Turning arena PVP into an elitest only-club + making regular PVP battlegrounds a pointless waste of time pretty much ended the only reason I had left to play. Haven't even played for over a month now after trying Ulduar and immediately getting bored again.

yep soon as 3.1 came out i quit

epics for everyone, lots of grinding, arena and resilience ruins the BG system, i miss the 2-3 hour AV battles, now its a 15 minute zerg after an hour long que

and yeah after weeks of farming nax, malygos and sartharion +3 only a month and a bit after release it was a let down, oh well ill see ifi cant make some money back :)

Back