Biggest Air Cannon In The World

It needs to shoot something other then just air.
But its cool to see the smoke ring go 100 something

I wonder what it feels like to stand in front of it. A sudden wind gust, last for a fraction of a second?

what is the point here? I see a giant warehouse. Crane cameras. But all they have is a big air cannon, and the guy explaining it is wearing jean shorts. Huh?

I wonder how much more distance they could get if they had a decent retraction/release system instead of a bunch of people playing Tug of War with it. Could they not spare $100 for an ATV-sized winch and a release hook?

Something like that would make drying a pet off after a bath an easy task. :p

Technically, not the biggest air (vortex) cannon. Maybe the biggest one that doesn't use an actual explosion.

Here's a big truck mounted one for example:

(supposedly powerful enough to destroy hail clouds)

And here's one knocking down a brick wall:

Last edited:
I have always been a believer that we know so little about our natural world. I think that once God takes us home we will see how much of the basic stuff we humans have misses.

I think the cool thing behind this is that a TV show put this together. It looked like such a hodge podge group of inidividuals, but they made it work. They probably could have done better with a quick release system though instead of the team pulling on it though, as mentioned above.

Back