Bigger/Better Case for a semi-new build

JWD1989

Weaksauce
Hey guys quick question...

I will be upgrading my first build here in about 2 weeks and the first thing I want to do is get a larger case! I have been using an Antec 902 Mid tower. Now don't get me wrong, I love this case...its just time for me to make some more room for future upgrades. My current system build is in my signature. I will be swapping out my 5870 for Crossfired 6970s and will be swapping out my old PSU for a 1250W one. I will be upgrading to a AMD 1100T but of course this won't change the size. I am also planning to add a custom water cooling system in the very near future so I want to make sure to have plenty of room for parts, tubing, etc.

I have been looking around newegg, frozencpu, and here (duh) for some tips on which case may stand out for me. Currently I am looking at the HAF X, Corsair 800D, NZXT Phantom Black, and the Antec DF-85.

Here are my basic requirements for the new case:
Full Tower
Long/Tall enough to house two 6970s
Large enough to house a water cooling system (Both CPU and GPUs)
Under $300 (this can stretch a little if necessary)

Preferences:
Top-Mounted PSU
Enough room for internal radiator placement (might contradict the top mounted PSU)
No thumb-screws for drive bays!

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Again, my main concern is size constraints. Since most of the system will be water-cooled, I am not too terribly concerned with airflow.

Thanks guys :) Look forward to your always helpful input.

Well the HAF is great for water cooling, what size rads are you going to get, A good case IMO is the In Win Dragon Rider lots of options and it cost about 160 i think.

I am planning on a triple 120mm rad. More than likely i'll be going with either the swiftech MCR320 or the Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360...unless someone shows me a better one for around the same price. I actually did look into the In Win Dragon Rider and was fairly impressed :)

Last edited:
I am planning on a triple 120mm rad. More than likely i'll be going with either the swiftech MCR320 or the Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360...unless someone shows me a better one for around the same price. I actually did look into the In Win Dragon Rider and was fairly impressed :)

It also cools very well, Get both rads and mount them on the door, That would be bad ass.

Back