Bigadv shortage again

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
My 2600k has been crunching standard SMP units since yesterday morning when it finished a 2692

I haven't had any issues. I picked up a 6900 yesterday around noon EST and just picked up another 6900 in the last hour on another system. Both are 2600k systems.

I have had a lot of 503 nothing to do errors the last month, but it never went to smp. Hmmmm.

No issue here...picked up a 6900 earlier this afternoon

Yeah, I havn't been having any problems either as my Gulftown got done with a 6900 and picked up a 2685 right away.

i'm thinking the problem must be on my end. i will check

linux for my 2600k, so nope, there are linux units, picked up ~12 hrs ago or so

I went from Windows to Linux to fold and the first thing I get is a 2684. Why me?

Does SF run out of 6903 & 6904 ?? one of my rig's been chewing 2684, 2685, 6900 for last few days

Does SF run out of 6903 & 6904 ?? one of my rig's been chewing 2684, 2685, 6900 for last few days

I think the way it works is you get what they have during that particular time as long as your box can crunch it. Meaning if a crap load of people request BigAdv with 12+ core boxes at the time there is a plethora of 6903/4 units, they will all be "served".

So as soon as a number get crunched and the next run/gen/clone or whatever is created from those results, then more come out. At least that's how I think it works.

I think the way it works is you get what they have during that particular time as long as your box can crunch it. Meaning if a crap load of people request BigAdv with 12+ core boxes at the time there is a plethora of 6903/4 units, they will all be "served".

So as soon as a number get crunched and the next run/gen/clone or whatever is created from those results, then more come out. At least that's how I think it works.

10e,

That's my understanding as well, and also the reasoning behind the QRB.People getting the bigadv units who return them in a day allow the generation of more units rapidly, when those units are held up for 4-5 days, it is that much longer before subsequent generations can be produced. Quick return = science getting done faster, and more units available in the pool to get processed.

H.

original.jpg

Picked up two more last night. The tap is back on.

/I welcome your hatred. :D

EDIT - before people start feeling too jealous:

SR2#1 got lucky - it is only on linux over the weekend and drew a 6904. A lot of 2684s this week.
SR2#2 had regular bigadv for the prior 10 WU.
SR2#3 is lucky - 3 6904s and 2 6903s in the last 10 WU, and no 2684s

Last edited:
Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... just picked up 2x 6904 ... lolz :D

Back