Big ups for EVGA's RMA service

Loiselle

n00b
I was having some serious overheating issues with my new GTX 460 1GB EE model card. Games would easily peak at or around 100'c within 1 or 2 minutes of loading the game up. Went through various stages of troubleshooting, and it was finally detremined that I had a bum card.

Today, I got my RMA'ed card from UPS, and when I installed it, temps were holding very steady at idle between 29'c & 33'c with a fan speed of 40% (auto profile) and nothing has had it over 78'c on a full load with a fan speed of 58% (auto profile).

I did not load the free BIOS update this time that EVGA is offering. But I did notice that the Core Clock and Shader Clock were that of the upgraded BIOS. Still can't adjust my fan speed down to 30%, but it's working flawlessly now and i'm not going to mess with it.

Here is the link for the free BIOS update if anyone has the card, and is interested.

They have a great RMA process and a fast turn around. An older card of mine had to be RMA'd. I had an upgraded card sent back to me within a week.

Hey! I had to send my EVGA GTX 460 1 GiB EE card back for the same issue. In my case, I had two slots between the card, with two fans blowing directly on it. I also reapplied TIM (after the issue started). I had it at stock speeds, and even minimum speeds (with the same results), with the lowest voltage available in MSI Afterburner, with 100% fan and it would hit 99C within 30 seconds of playing any game. It actually hit 103C at one point. I did not use the BIOS update either.

Sounds good! I just submitted an RMA yesturday for my GTX275, so I'm hoping it will work out well.

Oh really, I guess its time to upgrade my BIOS too.
biggrin.gif

Back