Big Progress in FAH Daily Production

Vantec tornados and a 120mm 120CFM fans ... server sounds like it's ready to take off but mmmm those temps!

I've got a delta 120mm fan cooling one of my rigs. Since the rig runs case less I had to figure out a way to anchor it to the cardboard so it wouldn't blow it self off.

Skillz,

I always used boxes with sides for my ferret/pizza boxen. I would cut a fan shaped hole in the cardboard, place the fan outside the box, and use appropriately sized wood screws from inside the box through the cardboard and into the fan. If you are trying to attach it to the cardboard base, you might extend the base out a couple of inches and use some kind of angle or shelf bracket to support the fan.

Yeah I know. He's gonna be #2 for a minute and I might even drop down to #4 for a short while. One of my boxen keeps rebooting and I have to log back into it manually so F@H will start. I removed one of the GPUs to see if it's maybe overloading the PSU. Wont be able to really work on it till this weekend. So I'm gonna be low on PPD for the next couple days.

Oh yeah? What kind of dark-horse?

If it's of the three-way variant that's okay. Parts for my 4-way version arrived today. ;)

Core32 last 24H 4M PPD. Think I might be in 3rd place for a while. :(

I wonder if he was folding under Team Grandma and is moving his boxen over to his name now. I see Grandma has been on a steady decline with her PPD the past few days.

Core32 last 24H 4M PPD. Think I might be in 3rd place for a while. :(

I wonder if he was folding under Team Grandma and is moving his boxen over to his name now. I see Grandma has been on a steady decline with her PPD the past few days.
3rd one is not that bad; still on the podest.

But I also hope Team Grandma keeps folding; else I slip (pushed) out of top 10 :oops:.

Don't fret people. This won't last forever. Remember this is [H]ard work!
I was not on team Grandma, but I started FAH again in her memory.
I am approaching 900M (today?) and shooting for 1B before the summer heat kicks in.
At that point I will have to back way, way down so the opportunity will be there to mow me. :sneaky:

Plus this is a TEAM effort worth cheering for! (y)

Well crap I have been out of town for a while and did everything I know better than to do, I left everything running and set to restart upon power interruptions unfortunately we had several wind storms that must have had power interruptions and I came back to a couple of dead 4P rigs with duel GPU's I got 1 of them running again but #2 is a no go, so I am down a bit and probably will be for a while since I am heading back out of town and will not be able to get a replacement board for a while. :sick:

Don't fret people. This won't last forever. Remember this is [H]ard work!
I was not on team Grandma, but I started FAH again in her memory.
I am approaching 900M (today?) and shooting for 1B before the summer heat kicks in.
At that point I will have to back way, way down so the opportunity will be there to mow me. :sneaky:

Plus this is a TEAM effort worth cheering for! (y)

We are definitely all on the same team. (y)

Well crap I have been out of town for a while and did everything I know better than to do, I left everything running and set to restart upon power interruptions unfortunately we had several wind storms that must have had power interruptions and I came back to a couple of dead 4P rigs with duel GPU's I got 1 of them running again but #2 is a no go, so I am down a bit and probably will be for a while since I am heading back out of town and will not be able to get a replacement board for a while. :sick:

Ah. I was wondering what was going on with Grandma. Hopefully it's not anything too serious and you can get them back online. My PPD took a small dip when I took a small vacation over the weekend, too. That's when I realized one of my SLI 980 Ti rigs was rebooting. Pretty sure I was just overloading the PSU since I didn't plan on running two 980 Ti's on it anyway. So i moved it over to a different location.

we need MOAR D!!! not less..... fix those boxen!!!

On a less Drill Instructor note.... Good luck I hate having a box down and not realizing it. Worse yet is one that you don't always have access to, and users leave windows open that kill PPD.

grrrr I need moar boxen but I just had to spend 1400 on a new washer and dryer... being an adult sucks sometimes

we need MOAR D!!! not less..... fix those boxen!!!

On a less Drill Instructor note.... Good luck I hate having a box down and not realizing it. Worse yet is one that you don't always have access to, and users leave windows open that kill PPD.

Open windows kill PPD? What kind of Windows? Like browsers?

browsers.... games....curse....final fantasy....

In his defense it is his computer, and I am trying to freeload some compute time.

pass me or don't........

I didn't get to be top 20 by racing..... I got there through 12 years of not quitting. I have passed numerous team members who folded fast for a few months to a year, and then retired. I'll pass more before it is done. Not saying that this is you, just there is room at the top for both of us, and that racing just isn't my strategy. Usually races have not worked for me, other folders have generally been too fast, too slow, or too short lived to be good competition.

Uh. What just happened?

No more trash talking from you anymore I guess?

Oh I probably will, and I will race when I can.

I spent some time recently looking at my future, my history and my goals. I realized I still can't build a house full of computers. 2-3 machines with 2-3 cards each is all I can justify to myself. Those cards will probably be the best money can buy, lord knows I have the Nook powered budget for that. I realized that there are no server farms of cards in my future. I'm gonna have to keep playing the long game.

I've got computers all over my house. Haha

Soon as the summer heat sets in I'm gonna have to slow down some, I think. Depends how well the cards can cool themselves with the windows open.

I've got computers all over my house. Haha

Soon as the summer heat sets in I'm gonna have to slow down some, I think. Depends how well the cards can cool themselves with the windows open.
It's time to invest in a boxfan or 2. :cool:

It's time to invest in a boxfan or 2. :cool:

I have thought about getting one and putting it in the window blowing in or out, not sure which would be more efficient. They're on the second story of my house, so I'm not concerned with leaving those windows open all day/night. Each room only has one Window and they're across from one another. Maybe I should set one to blow in while the other blows out? Get a cross wind going or something.

Most of my 980 Ti's are Hybrids though. Outside temp is weather.com is saying it's 56F. My inside thermostat located down stairs is sitting at 70F. I've got a thermometer upstairs in my room that's reading 72F. I do notice a temperature change when I walk up stairs. Two of the 980 Ti hybrids are reading 42C (108F) and 46C (115F) and the Windforce 980 Ti is sitting at 53C (127F).

Maybe set both fans to blow out to suck the cooler air downstairs up stairs. *shrugs*

I have thought about getting one and putting it in the window blowing in or out, not sure which would be more efficient. They're on the second story of my house, so I'm not concerned with leaving those windows open all day/night. Each room only has one Window and they're across from one another. Maybe I should set one to blow in while the other blows out? Get a cross wind going or something.

Most of my 980 Ti's are Hybrids though. Outside temp is weather.com is saying it's 56F. My inside thermostat located down stairs is sitting at 70F. I've got a thermometer upstairs in my room that's reading 72F. I do notice a temperature change when I walk up stairs. Two of the 980 Ti hybrids are reading 42C (108F) and 46C (115F) and the Windforce 980 Ti is sitting at 53C (127F).

Maybe set both fans to blow out to suck the cooler air downstairs up stairs. *shrugs*
Skillz.....

Once long ago, before FAH, I participated with 2CPU's RC2 team. My friend and I had a small farm in one bedroom 2x dual PIII 1000, a PIII 933, 2x Cel2 600@900, an AMD Thunderbird 1400 or some such, and an AMD K6-2. That generated a substantial amount of heat for those days. Yes I know a one or two AMD based Mining rigs would produce the same amount. We had 2 dual 10" reversible fans in the window. Since the window was on the west wall, during the summer we had all fans exhausting during the day, all set to intake at night, spring and fall had 2 in 2 out and winter we just shut the fans down and left the window open.

I guess my point is that fans that are reversible are more flexible. The let you set up an all exhaust that will suck cold air from downstairs, or they can let you set the room to it's own separate ventilation from the rest of the house.

Try the boxfans in a push/pull arrangement. :p

I ordered two 20" box fans yesterday on Amazon. They should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Looks like you need 2M+ PPD for top 5 now. Good job team!

You mean Heisenberg? I think he might have been able to afford a rig or 10 or a hundred.....

Update: We made over 1.1 billion points for the month!

MOAR trash talk and MOAR "D!" :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

we need MOAR D!!! .

Well, I'm firing up my 3rd rig from now until vacation time at the end of april so that's another 170k PPD, still working on a way to be able afford to run all 3 boxen 24/7 - hope to post a thread about it soon

Tomorrow is Friday, my second 970 comes back on duty as part time folder for the weekend.

Oh yes, and holiday end of April for me too, few days Okinawa ...

I can't afford to do it forever, but I've got 4 cards in production at the moment: 750 ti, 960 + 970 (in same PC), and 980. Seems to get me close to 900K / day (~ 400K for the 980, 400K for the 960 970 combo, and 70k for the 750 ti). Was going for 30 mill plateau, but now might go for top 200, which means getting to 34 mill.

Back