Big Progress in FAH Daily Production

There's a thought: Stanford is in cahoots with Nvidia to sell more GPUs. That's why BigAdv was shutdown and we've been forced to buy GPUs to get any decent PPD and PPW!

Hmm, I know this wasn't truly serious but when they moved away from core 15 weren't the Radeons good folders albeit at higher energy consumption? Haven't folded with a Radeon since GPU2 but wouldn't mind finding out from someone who does. Thinking of a R7-370 for the HTPC

The dozy dipshits in our payroll department neglected to pay me my call out payments this month, so that's 2 rigs off line until the end of march:cry:

Hmm, I know this wasn't truly serious but when they moved away from core 15 weren't the Radeons good folders albeit at higher energy consumption? Haven't folded with a Radeon since GPU2 but wouldn't mind finding out from someone who does. Thinking of a R7-370 for the HTPC
I've been curious about how the AMD GPUs been doing these days but I have my doubts . My 7970 did quite well once upon a time.

I got a 550ti in my file server that the fan is dying on. The box has a G3258 in it and it's running linux. Would a 970 be a good choice for it to do some folding?

linux. Would a 970 be a good choice for it to do some folding?
Not a bad choice ... Watch the power consumption. A 970 can go up to 160W, depend of the WU, look for good air flow and enjoy around 280kPPD with one 970.

The only issue I would have with a file server ... Can you accept downtimes for driver updates ? How serious is that file server ?

Nothing serious, just holds random crap. The cpu isn't overclocked and I think it only has 4gb of ram in it now, been a while since I've done anything with it to be honest. The fan making noise is the only reason I've been thinking about it lately, poor little thing.

Well I just pulled the trigger on an MSI GTX970 100ME. Hopefully I got in under the Saturday delivery deadline.

Well I just pulled the trigger on an MSI GTX970 100ME. Hopefully I got in under the Saturday delivery deadline.

See it starts with one and next thing you know you are putting vid cards everywhere....

(okay not everywhere this isn't genmay but yeah....)

Nice ! :)

One of the big benefits living in Japan is A....n delivers same day in many cases. Ordered in the morning, folding in the evening. (y)

Well now I should be back chugging at 100% production after having to take a couple of my boxen down for some upgrades and such.

Realized my new 980 Ti Hybrid wouldn't fit in my HTPC case because the hoses come out the top. Wouldn't be able to close the lid so I ordered a new case that's slightly taller as well as a new PSU so I don't have to use so many adapters/splitters to power the GPU. Everything is running as of now so my production should go back up.

Sorry, Vanilla_Heat. Better luck next time though.
I want my #2 spot back.

you bast___s are gonna make me spend saved up video card money before pascal cards are released.......

Damn Core32 had a 2.5M point day yesterday. Gonna be harder than I thought to reclaim the #2 spot. le. sigh.

Not more complicated that adding two/three 980Ti and spend all retirement funds on power bills. :sneaky:

Disclaimer: that would be a stupid idea to actually do.

Not more complicated that adding two/three 980Ti and spend all retirement funds on power bills. :sneaky:

Disclaimer: that would be a stupid idea to actually do.

I tried to cash out some of my retirement... they said no .. I tried to explain it was for cancer but they still said no!

I'm gonna need to buy another 980 Ti apparently. le sigh

Is that a little bit of sweat I see above your brow?

Just placed into service in the last couple of days....

asus-geforce-gtx-980-ti-strix-oc-6gb.jpg

This just made its way into my cart today...

BIOSTAR-Z170GT7.jpg

On another note my power meter is humming...

Last edited:
Z170GT7

Wanted to make it my new gaming rig but every-time I build a new computer it ends up folding and I end up trying to play old games on my laptop!

LOL I gave up building gaming rigs years ago. Now I just buy new games to fill up space on my hard drives and pretend I am going to play them. ;)

Looks like my new rig build is in limbo till I can drive to Microcenter, I put everything together tonight and getting a post code 32 on that biostar looks like it doesn't like my 6700t even though it's on the supported list or the chip somehow got fried since I pulled it...

Thats not good. Hopefully it just needs a BIOS update. Got a GPU for it already?

Not what I like to hear about, and what I like in the same story......

MOAR D!!!..... and yet the moar D has troubles.... good luck/

Hopefully all will turn out well so you won't be posting anything in the died in the line of duty thread.

Back