Big Progress in FAH Daily Production

I'm not sure now. I restarted the PC and now the core clock is back up to 1500Mhz (it was like 405Mhz or something in the P1 state) but now that it's at 1500Mhz I am only getting 25k PPD on a Core18 WU. Restarted the client and, while it took a while it is now reading ~325K PPD.

It's the top GPU in the the rig, so I'm wondering it maybe it overheated? Earlier I noticed the temp was up in the mid to uppers 70s and the fan was set to auto. I had previously set both fans to 100% 24/7 and somehow it changed just that one GPU to auto while the other GPU (the lower one) was running 100% fan speed and around 47C.

Strange. :confused:

That sounds like a Nvidia driver crash and it does require a reboot to fix it, you may want to lower the OC by 5MHz or 10MHz if it happens again.

I was off from work last week and didn't really check on my F@H hosts while I was at home. It turns out something had run a muck on various hosts that reduced PPD horribly. I restarted the F@H clients and things are back in order.

I've had a GTX 960 online for the past week or so to check out a new card, and now bringing my 970 online as well, in my push to get to 20 mil.

That sounds like a Nvidia driver crash and it does require a reboot to fix it, you may want to lower the OC by 5MHz or 10MHz if it happens again.

Yeah I think you're right. Rebooted the rig and all seems fine now. I did lower the clocks by like 20Mhz though, but I am gonna put them back since I don't think that was the issue. Seeing as how I haven't had an issue with it in a long while and PC hasn't been rebooted in a long while prior.

Here goes my sunny place in front of you on the daily producer list ... :eek: I had my run ... :rolleyes:

I've just added 180k PPD with the 980 still to be delivered by postie and yet you are pushing 1m PPD now!:eek: Think you will be staying ahead of me in the top 20. :eek::cool:

I gotta figure something out here because my issue sounds like yours... I forget the WU off the top of my head but my 980Ti is only pulling like 18K ppd according to the client, taking like 23 hours to do one unit

Gonna try what you did see if that helps. I do have a 650 in there as well but I'm only running the slot for the 980Ti

I gotta figure something out here because my issue sounds like yours... I forget the WU off the top of my head but my 980Ti is only pulling like 18K ppd according to the client, taking like 23 hours to do one unit

Gonna try what you did see if that helps. I do have a 650 in there as well but I'm only running the slot for the 980Ti

Load up MSI Afterburner and see what clock the core is running at. I bet it's running at the idle state. Rebooting the PC fixed the issue. Though I am down a 970 while I wait to replace a HDD in the rig it was running in. :(

Why replace? run 'em both

Power budget is the main concern, cost wise I'm currently limited to 900watts so not only would I have the additional card but my Z9PE rig would needs its 2nd cpu and memory installing to use the last 3 PCIe slots. The increase in consumption would mean I'd have to shut down one of my 2p Bigadv rigs which would defeat the purpose of the upgrade.

Besides selling the 960 will help fund the 980ti:D

980Ti ? Great !
My PSU has been RMAed so i started the GPU rig again. No fancy investment for the moment, though

The card was B stock from my favourite etailer so I got £38 off the normal price, looks to be in perfect condition so fingers crossed. This is my only major upgrade on the folding rigs this year, a newer car and the need to upgrade my daily driver are eating all my cash.

Congrats on (essentially) making it to page one. Warning though, the grass gets really tall on page one.......

You wasn't kidding. My overtake dates are starting to be measured by the week. :eek:

Both of my 960s get 125 to 180 kppd

I have been dealing with the tall grass of page one for years. It's really deep in the top 30.

Both of my 960s get 125 to 180 kppd

I have been dealing with the tall grass of page one for years. It's really deep in the top 30.

I should be in the top 30 in about 5 months or less. Assuming my PPD doesn't change drastically. I recently sold one of my 970s so my PPD is a little less than it once was now.

What kind of PPD did that 960 get and what are you gonna do with it?

It got 120-155k PPD - less than what others have reported but then I don't really push the overclock beyond what it already has out the box.

I'm going to be selling it locally - ebay from where I live to the rest of the UK or Europe is too much of a pain and I can't wait until I'm next in the UK to sell it there.

Currently getting 400-490k PPD on the 980ti :D

You wasn't kidding. My overtake dates are starting to be measured by the week. :eek:

Yeah, I can over take 3 people this year in our top 20 - however I'm going to get mowed by 2 others so i'll be staying roughly where I am.

Its just as bad in the project top 200, I've been stuck at 150-154 for months now and as fast as I mow one person someone else mows me.

Yeah, I can over take 3 people this year in our top 20 - however I'm going to get mowed by 2 others so i'll be staying roughly where I am.

Its just as bad in the project top 200, I've been stuck at 150-154 for months now and as fast as I mow one person someone else mows me.

According to the EOC you should overtake 5 people before the end of the year. Only one person will pass you this year. You're still too tall for me. :(

I finally ordered a 980Ti Hybrid to join the party, shall arrive next tuesday ! To which core speeds do you push them, and whith which voltage ?

stock voltage, 1450-1465...... never tried over volting. I am interested hearing from other 980ti owners who talk about folding near 1500.

stock voltage, 1450-1465...... never tried over volting. I am interested hearing from other 980ti owners who talk about folding near 1500.

thanks for the information, I am interested too by these 1500 information (for gaming, hybrids are supposed to go 1510-1525, but not sure for stable folding production)

Skillz? I think you have yours up there......

I wonder who it was then......

I did a quick search and came up with squat. Though it could have been in one of the JTG OP threads.

Grandpa overclocks his 980 Tis. Pretty sure in the 1500 range.

I was running 1465 with stock voltage, boosted the volts to +37.5, and the freq adjusted up on its own, trying to see if 1502 with the boosted volts works out to be stable.

Few comments :
- my EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid arrived (boost) clocked at 1341 MHz
- right now happily folding at +90 (1431 MHz), will push more later, 39°C on core 18, 41°C on core 21, stock voltages
- it appears we will be very close to the 1 billion points per month if we continue at this speed, hope we will make it

I gave up on volt boosting my 980ti. I found I could get 1470 on stock volts, and even at 37.5 1480 gave periodic bad work units. My 970, and 960s seem to be quite happy with some extra volts and higher clocks.

Good to know... based on reports on EVGA forum (Hybrid thread), the hybrid cards can achieve up to 1480-1508 at stock voltages, depending on the particular chip on your card. 1470 seems pretty good and consistent if you are on air (?)

Back