Big Progress in FAH Daily Production

Is there any support for V7 under Linux at all? I thought it was all Windoze based anyways.
I use only Linux for folding. With CPU and GPU. I prefer CentOS is all cases and just plain install from Stanford the package. No issues at all. My only BA experiences was via EC2 but also at that time run well with Ubuntu.

Switch, and I guess you will not regret.

I use only Linux for folding. With CPU and GPU. I prefer CentOS is all cases and just plain install from Stanford the package. No issues at all. My only BA experiences was via EC2 but also at that time run well with Ubuntu.

Switch, and I guess you will not regret.

I've been folding under Linux for a LONG time already, just using the V6 client. My references above to running V7 under Windows were from the last FUBAR period when everyone was having issues with the BA units on their 4P boxen. Thought I'd try it (WinSVR2012) and didn't like the results and restrictions with F@H.

Re: Treatment of Donors
Bruce Replied:
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:01 pm
Dr. Pande is still the final arbiter of all issues related to Folding@home. He is no longer at Stanford, but he's still actively running the project and checks in on a regular basis.

Looks like he is still involved with F@H Working for a venture capital group. Hope they are not selling all the research that is being done for free by the donors.

Re: Treatment of Donors
Bruce Replied:
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:01 pm
Dr. Pande is still the final arbiter of all issues related to Folding@home. He is no longer at Stanford, but he's still actively running the project and checks in on a regular basis.

Looks like he is still involved with F@H Working for a venture capital group. Hope they are not selling all the research that is being done for free by the donors.
I'm not sure how long that arrangement is going to continue if Vijay is not at Stanford, even if he is "running the project."

Bruce is trying to get hold of Kasson who runs all of the larger cpu projects - we'll see what happens

I moved my farm back to BOINC (POEM & WCG) until the BA servers are put back online or we figure out some other way to take advantage of 32-core+ systems.
I finally fixed my 2P, 32 Go detected in BIOS... and switched the rig back to WCG, until there is some A7/A8 fun testing going on

Came home to zero internet connection this afternoon.
Like 13 finished WUs waiting to upload. :mad:
After running to the Comcast store to get a replacement gateway, turns out the stupid coax splitter between the wall, TV and gateway is dead.
Odd to say the least. Able to bypass it for the time being.
I was dialing the GPUs back due to heat but this was ridiculous! :confused: lol

Well seems I have started getting the client hang where it says it's updating and everything is greyed out....and I just got another 970 :mad:

Haha. Apparently one of my boxen went down while I'm away on vacation. Sigh. Won't get to it till Friday. :(

Sharing the same: vacation and shutdown my power eater @home. Back in two days ... Short vacation; but nice.

My first time experience to swim with dolphins. They where gentle with me when they saw how bad I can swim in their world.

Having to restructure a bit , once I can get the current situation taken care of I will be back folding stronger than ever (hopefully) anyone need some extra 970 horsepower I've got em on my fs thread right now !!

I need to dump all my 970s also. Probably do that after Pascal comes out then decide if I go with more 980 Ti or if Pascal delivers then go with some of them.

Doesn't seem to be any damage. Everything is back online now I think. Beer is always cold. (somewhere)

Skillz.... don't feel bad, the outage might have made you miss out on the special surprise I got...... some core 15 WUs with no QRB. I thought they had killed off all those craptastic WUs. Or at least Stanford downgraded them 2 years ago or something.

Back online after my May break - my gpu's are back with us, my BA rig is folding for wrinvert until June 23rd. In the meantime I'm going to try and work out how to upgrade 2 of my rigs without breaking the upgrade fund or power budget

You might want to check on your rigs. Yesterday you returned 30 WU's during the 3PM update, but got 0 credit for them. Today you've only returned a single WU for ~10k points.

You might want to check on your rigs. Yesterday you returned 30 WU's during the 3PM update, but got 0 credit for them. Today you've only returned a single WU for ~10k points.

Yeah not sure what happened with the 30, I can't see any issues in the logs. As for the 10k I didn't bring them online until around 4pm UK time, everything is looking more normal today.

Thanks for the heads up tho(y)

Oh okay.

My HTPC is down right now. I updated the drivers a while back (around the Doom launch) so I could play the game. Since then F@H has been crashing. Nothing to serious, but required a restart to get it going again. Like, computer reboot kind of restart. Sometime last night it crashed again so I restarted it this morning when I got up. Got home a little while ago to see that the screen was frozen. Computer locked up. Rebooted. Locked up as soon as Windows loaded. Rebooted again, this time paused the F@H client, locked. Don't have time to fool with it, but I am hoping it just driver related and I didn't kill my EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid. It will most likely be down until this weekend, unless I work this weekend. Then I have no idea when.

Oh okay.

My HTPC is down right now. I updated the drivers a while back (around the Doom launch) so I could play the game. Since then F@H has been crashing. Nothing to serious, but required a restart to get it going again. Like, computer reboot kind of restart. Sometime last night it crashed again so I restarted it this morning when I got up. Got home a little while ago to see that the screen was frozen. Computer locked up. Rebooted. Locked up as soon as Windows loaded. Rebooted again, this time paused the F@H client, locked. Don't have time to fool with it, but I am hoping it just driver related and I didn't kill my EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid. It will most likely be down until this weekend, unless I work this weekend. Then I have no idea when.
Anyway, what is your opinion about the new Doom?

I've only played it a couple hours, but I like what I've seen so far by a long shot. This is what Doom 3 should have been. It really bringsthe FPS genre back to the 90s style FPS with modern graphics.

Good ol' Doom. I remember back in days I was waiting in via IPX-connected multiplayer game with the chain saw at the teleport for my boss and killed him always the moment he reincarnated.

Maybe I should get new Doom.

I downloaded a few interesting mods for the monsters, Barney the Dinosaur and a flying Bill Clinton head.

It's almost time for me to cut back on production as it's starting to be over 100 degrees F on a regular basis here in Central Cali.

Temp got up into the 90s today. Currently 85F in my house at 8PM. Hot as fuck. Gonna wait till I mow jfb9301 before I start dropping a few rigs and start running the A/C. MGM will most likely end up passing me after I do.

Bad weather and a power outage made that a bit easier for you..... All my rigs were down when I got home from work last night, all back up and running now.

Well it will just get it closer to the date from a couple weeks ago. Since my HTPC is down I've lost about 500k PPD. Need to find some time to troubleshoot and fix it soon.

Skillz,

Now where were those non-early-adopters-tax..... errr non-founders day GTX1080s.... I have $1200 to invest in my HTPC. That and a bit more savings should be a 700KPPD improvement. Moar D less electricity.

I would hope a pair of 1080s can do more than 700K PPD. My three-way 980 Ti rig does over 1.7M PPD. Currently reading in at 1.8M PPD. I think it's hit 2M before as well. Maybe you meant 700K PPD each?

Back