big problem

markland556

Limp Gawd
wel i restarted my computer and now it wont work. It says "A disk read error has occured" press Ctrl+Alt+Del to continue.
It worked fine before.
If i try to boot my windows CD it wont go past the part where it says press any key. The screen turns black and stays there. If i unhook the SATA drive with windows on it, it goes to the CD as it should, but then i cant really do anything useful.
Any help woud be awsome.

The only advice I can give; is to change your sata cable and give it a shot.. Otherwise ask a mod to move this to the disk storage section.. Many knowledgeable folks there that can help you troubleshoot a drive problem... But try changeing the cable first.. It seems like half the time I have drive corruption, or other drive problems changing the cable fixes them..

I

Have you tried booting up in Safe Mode? I'm not sure that this will actually allow to do anything since you really don't know what's wrong but it might be usefull to other people in helping you troubleshoot to know that you can or can't boot up in safe mode.

Also, just a thought, you might want to run through memtest86 just to rule out memory.

Back