Big Price Cuts for GeForce GTX 780 & 770 Tomorrow, GTX 780 Ti Coming 11-7

its 650 on their site.
wow only 650.
These prices are just insane.
not just this but all of them

I don't know if it's that big of a deal, most of these custom 780's seem to overclock past the B1 stepping, I'm sure even the Ghz edition will be boost capped to 80c operating temperature.

Lower power consumption? Again just look at true non-reference cards like the Asus DCII and if they're going to jink the price higher because it gets a 'Ghz' tag on the end then that seems like a rip off.

I doubt they will offer a $140 MIR :p I can wait 1-2 months for a 30% discount.

I never suggested there would be a $140 MIR. But its not a 30% discount if that is the "new" price though is it? Its really only a sale if its temporary.

I never suggested there would be a $140 MIR. But its not a 30% discount if that is the "new" price though is it? Its really only a sale if its temporary.

*EDIT* Woops, I thought we were talking about the price error'd EVGA 780s that were going for $360 with 1-2 month shipping.

edit: the 780 Ghz Edition being faster and priced almost the same does make the 780 sort of obsolete

Last edited:
Thought I saw a chart earlier today that had the Ti with 6GB GDDR5?

I really hope that's true...I'm so in if so.

i was able to snag the amazon deal/price mistake for $359 for the GTX 780. still hasnt been cancelled so crossing my fingers it goes through.

edit: the 780 Ghz Edition being faster and priced almost the same does make the 780 sort of obsolete

Isn't there supposed to be a $100 difference?

780 $499
780ghz $599
780ti $699

Granted, some of the non-reference 780s do approach the $599 price, but still... I don't think 780ghz makes 780 obsolete anymore than 7970ghz made 7970 obsolete.

I don't believe the "GHZ" 780 rumor is true. Existing 780 OC cards already boost well past 1000 - besides which, BTRAUNR at TPU already debunked the GHZ 780 rumor. It would overlap with existing 780 OC cards.

Heck, my own OC 780 boosts way past 1000 out of the box. Keep in mind that Kepler boosts are generally higher than what's advertised on the box 99% of the time - with the OC edition cards, that means they're already boosting past 1ghz. So there really isn't a need for a "GHZ" edition card anyway.

Isn't there supposed to be a $100 difference?

780 $499
780ghz $599
780ti $699

Granted, some of the non-reference 780s do approach the $599 price, but still... I don't think 780ghz makes 780 obsolete anymore than 7970ghz made 7970 obsolete.

doesn't make it obsolete yet...but the 780 Ghz is destined to replace the 780...no point having both cards around as the vanilla 780 will just undercut the Ghz Edition...plus the better factory overclocked 780's (MSI Lightning, ASUS, Galaxy HOF, EVGA Classified) all are higher then $500...I guess people should rush out and buy the vanilla 780's now before they do become obsolete

Newegg had the 780 classified at 579 the day of announcement. Newegg was the first one to respond to price cut by lowering all of the evga 780's to the new price, then they bumped the 780 classified back to 699 the next day because they ran a $35 coupon promotion on it in their email deal. I guess they didn't want people using that $35 on the 579 price.

Newegg had the 780 classified at 579 the day of announcement. Newegg was the first one to respond to price cut by lowering all of the evga 780's to the new price, then they bumped the 780 classified back to 699 the next day because they ran a $35 coupon promotion on it in their email deal. I guess they didn't want people using that $35 on the 579 price.

Dam that sucks... $579 is still overpriced by $30 imo, it was $699 when the retail 780gtx were $650

I was hoping to grab two at $550.

Amazon has the price cuts in effect now. EVGA 780 Superclocked for $519.

so will there be more 780 price cuts coming soon with the release of the 290 next week or have things bottomed out?

Amazon has the price cuts in effect now. EVGA 780 Superclocked for $519.

I bought a 780 a week ago from them but thankfully they were able to refund me the difference ($141) AND get me the holiday bundle.

Love Amazon.

so will there be more 780 price cuts coming soon with the release of the 290 next week or have things bottomed out?

I'd say it depends on how well the 290 does. If the 290 beats the 780 significantly and is only $399 I could see Nvidia maybe nudging down a few dollars, if they can afford to cut the margins further. If instead it basically matches the 780 (winning in some games, losing in others) at $449 I doubt it. $50 wouldn't be a huge difference in that case.

I'd say it depends on how well the 290 does. If the 290 beats the 780 significantly and is only $399 I could see Nvidia maybe nudging down a few dollars, if they can afford to cut the margins further. If instead it basically matches the 780 (winning in some games, losing in others) at $449 I doubt it. $50 wouldn't be a huge difference in that case.

We still have to wait to see what Nvidia does with the GTX780 (rumored 'GHz' edition) and the GTX780Ti, as that could have an effect on AMD's pricing as well.

We still have to wait to see what Nvidia does with the GTX780 (rumored 'GHz' edition) and the GTX780Ti, as that could have an effect on AMD's pricing as well.

Unless the Ti is amazing I wonder if it will have a big impact at all. The card is going to have to come out and be at least 10% better than the Titan for the price to make sense at this point. If it's just a 3GB Titan or even something less than a Titan I just don't see it making a big splash, especially when you could buy 780s for significantly less that would beat it out of the box, not to mention the 290x. As for the rumored 780 GHz, eh. There is a big gap between $399 and $699 but I don't know about what is simply an overclocked 780 there. If Nvidia were to get rid of their stupid voltage requirements that they force on AIBs and let the "780 GHz" be a 780 with it's full OC potential unlocked from the outset then that could make a decent card.

WOW just got my 780 lightning, These fuckers are so damn big.....Thank god i have an E-ATX mobo for them.

Getting bf4 downloading now, then ill try some overclocking out.

I bought a 780 a week ago from them but thankfully they were able to refund me the difference ($141) AND get me the holiday bundle.

Love Amazon.

Wow, that's awesome. Their pricing FAQ says they won't do that!

I'm currently using a 6970 and an upgrade before the end of the year is inevitable.

I'm determined to stay the course and see how everything shakes down on the 7th, but the 780 Classified is on sale at a Canadian retailer for $549 + $10 MIR. Goddammit this is tempting. I almost wonder if a 780 Ti Classified is on the way given how low the price is.

does anyone know how to avoid paying $50 in taxes for a video card on Amazon?

Wow, that's awesome. Their pricing FAQ says they won't do that!

Yeah, it took a bit of haggling. I had to go through 3 CS Reps but eventually I found one that was willing to listen to my plight and they helped me out :D

Back