Big Power Supply - Not a Big Price

After a few beers and reading your article, I was convinced I needed one of these late last night :wideyed:. LOL. While I was at it, I also ordered a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Hybrid Waterblock Cooler for my 1080Ti FE. CC was hurting last night after that episode. Thx Kyle you bad influence you! :p

After a few beers and reading your article, I was convinced I needed one of these late last night :wideyed:. LOL. While I was at it, I also ordered a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Hybrid Waterblock Cooler for my 1080Ti FE. CC was hurting last night after that episode. Thx Kyle you bad influence you! :p
Must have my [H]ardware purchases are fueled by bad decisions.....
Like "Ooohhh!!!! I wannit"
Then I have to find a use for it.
Then I have to get an extra part to get that working.
And it comes with some extra Hardware that I don't need...
Then I repeat.
It's cyclical and expensive!!!!!
But I'm addicted.... Lols

I am a huge Seasonic fan. I just purchased a pair of 850W Focus plus Gold's for $92 after MIR to replace a failed SS x850w Gold (my first SS unit to ever fail although I did Eun this at 95% load 24/7 for 4,5 years) and a cheaper Corsair unit.

Comosrii the FP+ to the x850, I see where Seasonic cut corners to svae some money. It's mainly in the package which I don't care about it, but they also went to a cheaper 2005 ers type of cable/sleeving vs the x850W Gold. Granted the FP+ was $35 cheaper not counting the sale, but I was a bit surprised. As long as they give me their excellent rated power I'm still happy.

[QUOTE="ccityinstaller, post: 1043683999, member: 155452" I did run this at 95% load 24/7 for 4,5 years ...
If you run any psu like that it means your are doing it wrong and are asking for premature failures.[/QUOTE]

Just realized that was a typo and supposed to be 75%.

Must have my [H]ardware purchases are fueled by bad decisions.....
Like "Ooohhh!!!! I wannit"
Then I have to find a use for it.
Then I have to get an extra part to get that working.
And it comes with some extra Hardware that I don't need...
Then I repeat.
It's cyclical and expensive!!!!!
But I'm addicted.... Lols

I'm with ya. I never buy new stuff based on need. My current rig plays games just fine and I'm still aching to buy a new GPU.... And a new monitor. My 27" screen has been flawless since I first turned it on.... But a 32" would be better lol! And since 1080 is too low for a 32 I'll need a 1440 and since 1440 is too much res for a 290x....I obviously need a new GPU... It's kind of a sickness.

That's hilarious. I do the same thing from time to time. Then I usually wake up in the morning and I'm like "OH SHIT! I hope I can cancel!!! :p

Back