Big drop in Nvidia prices might be right around the corner

5870CF is a pain, switched to SLI 460's and made $250 in the process, some games are faster, some slower but no driver problems with SLI, also way less noise/heat and no driver headaches.

A guy i work with bought a couple 5870s from newegg back when they were down to $180 shipped. he now has three of them running 970mhz on stock voltage and with fans turned up they run 75C. very impressive for the money paid. with just two in crossfire he scored P7652 on 3dmark2011 with 3.6ghz amd quad core.

wow if it is true this will be amazing, i might even grab a 580 and i dont care much for nvidia at the moment, based on price per performance.
im inpartial to each company, but i get what fits my budget, and for the performance i have been using ati/amd for the last year, but i might be swapping back to nvidia if i can grab some 580's for cheap :DD

I hope this happens, I would also like to see the GTX590 come down in price...

I'm guessing the gtx 560ti will drop around $50 since the 29th of november nvidea will introduce the gtx560 ti 448 which basicly is an underclocked gtx570. Saw some news today that it will be priced at the price of the current gtx 560ti. Not sure if that last part is a rumour though.

Hopefully for you guys the gtx 580 will drop aswell. The price difference between the 570 and 580 is just too big considering its performance.

Back