Big AMD Reveal At VRLA?

You mean "Intel" was releasing a poor product, not because AMD was great in its own merits. Well, Intel learned their lesson (laughing all the way to the bank due to Prescott) and thus never release Prescott again. ATI has never been good, specially with hit or miss drivers.
.....................now! If only Intel would release a very bad product again? hhhhmmm....I wonder!!!

meh the socket A through 939 chips were actually really good on top of intel shitting the bed. the difference is intel doubled down and fixed their error, where AMD (as much as i love them) makes the weirdest dumb business decisions. Stop showing shit like these chairs and get Zen extra polish for release.

Ugh, thought this might be something like news on Zen or the 490 but no, just some.....well I'm not sure what it is actually. I think after all these lackluster AMD products lately, I guess I just don't care about anything of their's unless it's 490 or Zen related.

meh the socket A through 939 chips were actually really good on top of intel shitting the bed. the difference is intel doubled down and fixed their error, where AMD (as much as i love them) makes the weirdest dumb business decisions. Stop showing shit like these chairs and get Zen extra polish for release.
Yea those chips were excellent, don't forget that Intels chips WERE upgrades over their previous gen as well and AMD didn't come out ahead at first either, they just had impeccable efficiency for quite a bit less money.

I blame the stupid decision to buy ATI. Two scrappy underdogs merge into one underdog that lacks focus. Shark Jumped.

Is this for the new VR StarTrek game? If not commercially available, affordable, wanted etc. What is the point? Now if it show cases some sort of new technology as in holographic projections or something it might be cool. I guess we will wait and see. As for the critics having some forum fun here, I think Nvidia maybe the one in trouble but what do I know.

Ugh, thought this might be something like news on Zen or the 490 but no, just some.....well I'm not sure what it is actually. I think after all these lackluster AMD products lately, I guess I just don't care about anything of their's unless it's 490 or Zen related.

lmao the biggest game of the year BF1 is launching guess what it will be like the 290x release Vega will be out then maybe Zen will be out same day or a bit later in November.

AMD is ok and I have owned them in the past. They just aren't competitive except in price presently. I loved the x800xl and the 5870 was great coming from a BFG 295. The Titans/980Ti I have had since have had no competitor.

Here, I will perfect your comment for you...

You call it perfecting my comment, I call it proving just how much of an idiot you are.

Regular folks might buy a GPU once every few years. They remember paying 500 dollars for a super awesome GPU years ago, and they think that always and forever a top of the line GPU should only ever be 500 dollars. You seem to forget even if supply was caught up with demand (it hasn't) that every single year that dollar in your pocket is generally worth 3% less than last year. Compound that over a few years and you see where I'm going with this?

Combine basic inflation with the fact that AMD has nothing that can touch the Pascal line of GPUs... means they can charge a premium. It's like that with any industry. Cars, medicine, phones. You act as if people are having guns put to their head when it comes to buying a GPU. If you don't care for the price, don't buy it. It's not extortion, so double check your use of the word.

Others bitch about the price in their far away country. I see people in Australia/Canada complain. Never mind the fact that minimum wage in Australia is $17.70 an hour. Or that the Canadian dollar is 25% weaker than the US dollar. You think nvidia has any control over those factors?

Nvidia dropped a cluster bomb on AMD with the pascal line. from the 1060 to the Titan X, it's kicking ass and taking names. Should that sort of performance be free? They are a for profit company, just like you are for profit employee. The price is and always will be what the market will support.

lmao the biggest game of the year BF1 is launching guess what it will be like the 290x release Vega will be out then maybe Zen will be out same day or a bit later in November.

Yeah, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe use a period or comma sometime. Something about Battlefield 1, the 290x releases Vega....

Yeah, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe use a period or comma sometime. Something about Battlefield 1, the 290x releases Vega....
Mac AMD want to release Vega and Zen with one of their biggest partners Dice, which will coincide with the release of BF1.

Mac AMD want to release Vega and Zen with one of their biggest partners Dice, which will coincide with the release of BF1.

I still had to read that one a few times to understand it :p I'm guessing in this case Mac is referring to MacLeod whom you are already quoting (so we don't need that clarification) and not Apple's Mac, which makes no sense in this context :p

OK so maybe that's my bad, I just Googled BF1. I thought you were referring to the first Battlefield game that was released over a decade ago. I didn't know they were calling BF5 BF1.

Either way, I don't see why it's smart to hold Zen and Vega even longer to coincide with a video game release. At this rate, by the time AMD comes out with their high end cards to compete with the 1080, Nvidia will be getting ready to roll out the 1180. I don't get the "let's wait 6 more months then we'll really have em whipped" strategy. It makes as much sense as calling the 5th installment of a video game, the 1st. I just wish they'd hurry up and release Half Life 1.

You know, when I saw the virtual reality spaceship chair thing I thought, "Man, AMD really needs to get it's priorities straight". But then I saw the pre-built GAMER XTREME desktop and my faith was restored.

You can tell that desktop PC will be a success because it spells "extreme" with an X. Gamers eat that shit up. Also the LEDs.

Wow, that banner to the left...kind of ironic since AMD has nothing remotely competitive in the VR field right now.

????

AMD has several cards that will run VR just fine, I thought that was the whole point of the RX480 too !?!? Fury, Fury X.

????

AMD has several cards that will run VR just fine, I thought that was the whole point of the RX480 too !?!? Fury, Fury X.

It can hardly play games at 1080, let alone higher resolutions at higher frame rates. Unless you're on of those people who turns settings down to medium/low.

OK so maybe that's my bad, I just Googled BF1. I thought you were referring to the first Battlefield game that was released over a decade ago. I didn't know they were calling BF5 BF1.

Either way, I don't see why it's smart to hold Zen and Vega even longer to coincide with a video game release. At this rate, by the time AMD comes out with their high end cards to compete with the 1080, Nvidia will be getting ready to roll out the 1180. I don't get the "let's wait 6 more months then we'll really have em whipped" strategy. It makes as much sense as calling the 5th installment of a video game, the 1st. I just wish they'd hurry up and release Half Life 1.

BF The Pre-Sequel :LOL:

It can hardly play games at 1080...

Nonsense

You must not have read the same reviews I read. The RX480 is generally faster than the 970. 1080p is generally not a problem. The 960 is generally considered nvidia's 1080p card and the rx480 smashes that card.

awesome
a.png

Wow, that banner to the left...kind of ironic since AMD has nothing remotely competitive in the VR field right now.

WTH does "Runs VR" mean exactly?

My cell phone "runs VR" if you strap it into Google Cardboard...

What The Gallery Ep. 1: Call of Starseed and VR All About - AMD & NVIDIA GPU VR Performance in Call of Starseed

"Mr. Taylor's tweet as it only has 2 retweets and 4 likes at this point."

How low journalism and humanity has gone. Judging news by the 'retweets and likes'. Scum.
AMD has fully embraced Twitter as a way to interact with its customers, why are we "scum" for using Twitter stats to judge AMD's Twitter interactions?

I was referring to the social media and the humanity that uses it as scum. When ever I see a news headline 'social media is raged' etc. I see a vivid image of someone kicking a bucket full of raw sewage and the 'rage' swelling in waves.

As for the journalism part - you for sure can do better than that.

Like it or not, social media is how a shit ton of people and companies alike interact these days. To ignore that would be foolish.

I don't see any reason to cut off your nose to spite your face just to avoid using social media.

Damn I had to hit show ignored content. I thought Kyle was going crazy and talking to himself lol.

Back