Bieg news. Intel is back on 10nm which is equal to 7nm+ EUV TSMC

Jandor

Gawd
Intel Canada just announced Intel will be back with 10nm Desktop CPU at the very beginning of 2020.
No information yet with the core count, but the guy also said the the production problems Intel experienced was because they are massively converting their 14nm facilities into 10nm. There are already 2 facilities producing 10nm and a third one is just starting and the rest to follow, while 7nm and 5nm are perfectly on track with one facility already able to produce 7nm which will deliver in, 2021. 10nm has achieved very good yields.
All the news posted about new 14nm CPU on schedule at 14nm where fake or simple give away stocks produced at the beginning of this year and renamed into new series to be more attractive.
So don't upgrade anything for AMD yet until everything about Intel 10nm is officially announced and that shouldn't take too long. People at Intel Canada aren't going to leak if they weren't supported by the head of Intel.
https://www.itworldcanada.com/artic...-desktop-set-to-arrive-early-next-year/423481

Officially but this is leak and you kind of expect this is going to be official soon. The guy says everything runs perfect now with 10nm and that Intel is converting their 14nm lines but he also makes clear there will be a 10nm Desktop CPU at the very beginning of 2020. So Intel will miss Christmas but if you hold your money, it may be better spent one month later. He also mentions 7nm and 5nm and 7nm is right on schedule already good for 2021 mass production. He also says that Intel will schedule non aggressive upgrades so to move forward continuously and avoid any kind of trouble like on 10nm, but which is now solved. he also suggests Intel moved somehow back from 10nm original expectations so it may not be as dense as first scheduled.

And that leak is not from AdoreTV but from Intel himself. Remember Adore TV AMD GPU RX 3080 with 16GB GDDR6 and 64 CU beating the RTX 2080 Ti for $250. Sadly this didn't happen, not even close. But since this is Intel about Intel, this will happen, and in fact is happening, since it is probably all in production to meet the demand at launch.

AMD already pissed in Intel's wheaties since July. So its all meh until I see some real gains from my 3900x.

Lmao, at the article getting corrected. 2020 has been thrown around for more than a year...

This random leak which tells us nothing...or...we actually get desktop Comet Lake on 14nm +++ like Intel has already alluded to in their roadmaps in Q2'20.

If Intel had desktop mainstream processors at 10nm ready to go for Q1'20, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops to avoid people buying AMD in Q4'19.

Didnt intel just announce they werent going to produce any 10nm desktop cpus?

nah their share holder meeting they said they are but they left out a bunch of key words on what the processors will actually be. given their latest media outburst crying about AMD adding to many cores to their processors my guess they'll be nothing more than mid range/oem parts.. them releasing the 10 series hedt chips err i mean rebadged 9 series on 14nm+++ probably doesn't help them convince anyone that 10nm's coming any time soon..

Why is this posted in the AMD Processor forum?

have fun looking through his post history, you'll understand why lol.

Oh but guyyyyzz don't forget the *18%+ IPC boost will make this the fastest cpu for a decade!! 10nm 66 core muh 5ghz is coming q1 2020 because Reddit said so! AMD is rekt!

*based on security speed cheat mitigation in favourable workloads

Oh but guyyyyzz don't forget the *18%+ IPC boost will make this the fastest cpu for a decade!! 10nm 66 core muh 5ghz is coming q1 2020 because Reddit said so! AMD is rekt!

*based on security speed cheat mitigation in favourable workloads
I'm always playing wprime so it's Intel for me Boiz.

Back