BIC America F12 VS. polk audio psw505

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alonan

Gawd
does anyone here on [H] know which ones sounds better i have came to a deal for both either on for same price but which one to get i can listen to them side by side so does anyone know of some reviews that could help the decision

BIC. Polk makes good speakers, but they are lacking a bit in their sub department.

BIC. I have had my Venturi's for oh God...almost 11 years now. They are still going strong and the speakers themselves are still soft and flexible. No signs of anything becoming brittle. Truly amazing when i'm running them at reference levels in my HT to this very day.

I would go BIC myself. I have a Polk PSW125 and dont like it. I also suggest posting this at AVSFORUM. They might even have a thread or two about this already. See you there :).

I also suggest posting this at AVSFORUM. They might even have a thread or two about this already. See you there :).

LOL...this is the most shameless recruiting post yet. Its a good thing AVS is a good resource or this would just tick me off. A lot of the longstanding members here are also members there (like me). They do have extensive "owners" threads that are dedicated to some of the most popular products or lines. It allows you to get first hand opinions from actual users. You will see the general consensus is that Polk does OK on the speakers, not so well on the subs. BIC is one of the most consistently recommended budget subwoofers out there. I have wanted one ever since I found out that HSU had a hand in the design.

LOL...this is the most shameless recruiting post yet. Its a good thing AVS is a good resource or this would just tick me off. A lot of the longstanding members here are also members there (like me). They do have extensive "owners" threads that are dedicated to some of the most popular products or lines. It allows you to get first hand opinions from actual users. You will see the general consensus is that Polk does OK on the speakers, not so well on the subs. BIC is one of the most consistently recommended budget subwoofers out there. I have wanted one ever since I found out that HSU had a hand in the design.

My apologies for that :). I try not to do it too often. I am aware many of us [H] members are also there and just wanted to make sure he was aware of it as a resource. I am very proud to be a active member of both. I have found that many times by checking there or here first I end up not needing to post a thread as my questions have already been answered before and its much quicker to read those responses rather than wait for them again :). Or if I still need to post a thread I can be much more specific in regards to the information I am looking for.

I also agree that BIC is highly recommended.

well i am just wondering b/c i happen to have some polk T20E euro speakers very nice and i need a sub woofer but i really don't want to buy like say the psw10 and then need another bigger sub in about 2 months when i get some monitor 40 and monitor 60 maybe the tsi version of both hell i can get a psw100 for around 420 dual 10 subs 1000 watts great ratings but i don't have 400 i have 200 i hear a lot of good from the psw505 identical specks to the BIC but has a slot loaded port supposed to be better.

looked at the Energy ESW C10 looks good but a little to expensive for a 10 inch i have a room that is about 10 x 10 with a 8 fs ceiling an slanted upper walls slanting in im more or less in the attick of an old house so there is my acoustics velodyne is to expensive and to much as is svs (which i love)
looking for a 12 or a 10 but with lots o juice for cheap wish i could get the psw1000 to mod but i cant the psw202 is to small the psw404 is discontinued and cant be found as it the psw 303 honestly the BiC is a little much all suggestions welcome and thanks.

LOL...this is the most shameless recruiting post yet. Its a good thing AVS is a good resource or this would just tick me off.

i don't think so; and you have nothing to be mad about. avs subwoofer forum is busier than here and they probably DO have live threads about the particular sub in question. why would you be mad?

notice he said or this would piss me off hes not pissed he was just saying if the outcome was not what it is he would be but as it stands i dont think he is also if your like me at all you protect your forums and you will dislike people for posting other forums on [H] but as it stands avs is a good one and is a good place to go for HT stuff but i think that the world knows that [H] is better than most in computers junk or at least i think it is the only other one i have seen would be xtremesystems . org but everything you find there is already here. as for this thread can we please get back to topic SPEAKERS......

I too am an AVS forum member, nothing wrong with that....they both have their own specialties and focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back