BI Stealth w/ 120x25 vs BIX w/ 120x38

SevenWords

Limp Gawd
I recently bought a lian li v1000b and the previous owner had mounted a black ice xtreme 2 with 2 120x38 Panaflo fans to the top, near the front. The problem is that between the thickness of the fans, and the thickness of the rad, there is a clearance problem at the top of the case. He solved this by putting the outlets facing up and putting 90 degree elbows on. I don't like putting that much restriction in the loop, so I was contemplating switching to a Black Ice Stealth 240 and some 120x25 Yate Loons, which together would save me about an inch in space. My concern is how much performance am I going to lose by doing this?

well what are you cooling? generally the gts is comparable to the extreme rads.. so i would guess; your not going to lose much of any temps..

I'm cooling a 6600 (apogee), 7900GTO (NV-78), and the NB (MCW30).

Here's a pic if anyone's wondering what I mean

Thats not my setup, thats the previous owner's, but you can see what I mean about clearance.

Actually, you will probably gain performance by switching to a BI Stealth. If you look under the descriptions the FPI (fans per inch) of the Stealth is significantly higher than that of the BIP, and you're only losing maybe a half inch of thickness.

I own a BIS for my current build and I don't anticipate any cooling problems (setup in my sig)

From the DangerDen site;http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=221&cat=86&page=1

Yields up to 20% more heat exchange capacity than the Black Ice® Pro in both Stealth or Performance modes.

Achieves Black Ice® Xtreme II level performance in stealth mode (low-noise/low-airflow conditions).

Awesome, thanks guys, this is my first WC setup, and I really wanted to try and keep a simple loop, which the current setup was not helping.

depending on the CFM of your fan you'll gain or lose a few degrees of performance... The GTS series likes high CFMs... just like the BIX.

You probably wont even notice anything.

Back