BFG's nVidia 6800 GT memory latencies?

Unit-0

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a clue on the memory latency settings for the 6800 GT besides its lower clock speed than its siblings?

I just find it hard to believe this card can go for $200 less than 6800 Ultra MSRP just because of lower memory and cpu clocks.

First of all, it is not $200 cheaper, it is $100 cheaper (MSRP $400). Maybe you're thinking of the 6800NU, who is alot cheaper to make because it has only 128MB of ram.
I'd say it fair to offer the 6800GT for $100 less than ultra, because they've MUST have some cores that dont pass @ 400MHz. Also, NVidia needs a card posotioned there, otherwise the market would be eaten alive by the x800pro. IMHO, I think the 6800GT is a very attractive chip, as the rest of the market is playing the disable/enable pipeline game.

Liam said:
First of all, it is not $200 cheaper, it is $100 cheaper (MSRP $400). Maybe you're thinking of the 6800NU, who is alot cheaper to make because it has only 128MB of ram.
I'd say it fair to offer the 6800GT for $100 less than ultra, because they've MUST have some cores that dont pass @ 400MHz. Also, NVidia needs a card posotioned there, otherwise the market would be eaten alive by the x800pro. IMHO, I think the 6800GT is a very attractive chip, as the rest of the market is playing the disable/enable pipeline game.

$400???? They are selling it at Best Buy for $299. look here

sweet, i went ahead and bought one for $300. I wanted to wait until end of summer but I doubt the gt or the x800 pro will drop $100 in 2months

CyberCRAP said:
sweet, i went ahead and bought one for $300. I wanted to wait until end of summer but I doubt the gt or the x800 pro will drop $100 in 2months

Yes!! got one ordered before they took it off the site. hope they honor the price, because i believe it was a price mistake :eek:

bobmanfoo said:
Yes!! got one ordered before they took it off the site. hope they honor the price, because i believe it was a price mistake :eek:

I'm hoping for the same thing! But then again it's BEST BUY.

Unit-0 said:
Does anyone have a clue on the memory latency settings for the 6800 GT besides its lower clock speed than its siblings?

I just find it hard to believe this card can go for $200 less than 6800 Ultra MSRP just because of lower memory and cpu clocks.

What do you mean by memory latency settings? Are you just refering to the speed rating of the memory chips?

bobmanfoo said:
...because i believe it was a price mistake :eek:

Yeah, 99.9% chance that's a price mistake.

Back