BFG: Upgrade 6x and 7x AGP cards to PCIe. Free or $50 upgrade

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
I saw this over on Slickdeals and thought there would be a few people around here that might want to take advantage of this. I know I'm going to upgrade my 6800gt with this deal... it's too good to pass up!

Here is the details.

Basically, if you send them your 6x/7x card that is AGP, they'll send you a PCI Express upgrade.

Trade a
BFG GeForce 7600 GS OC 512MB AGP
Get a
BFG GeForce 9500GT OC 1GB
Spend $50 and upgrade to
BFG GeForce 9600 GT OC 512MB PCIe

Trade a
BFG GeForce 6800 OC 128MB AGP
BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC 256MB AGP
BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB AGP
BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256MB AGP
BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC 256MB AGP
Get a
BFG GeForce 9600 GT OC 512MB PCIe
Spend $50 and upgrade to
BFG GeForce 9800 GT OC 512MB PCIe

Seems like a good deal to me.

This is very tempting and a great way to get rid of your AGP card.

How the hell are they making money on this? Send all the old cards to India and China for $10 a piece?

The only thing I can figure is that they need working cards (notice that's a requirement) to replace warranty defects for people who have AGP cards. Not like they can just send them a newer PCIE and all's cool.

I could be wrong. /shrug

They can clear out some old cards and make a ton of very satisfied customers. Win win.

The only thing I can figure is that they need working cards (notice that's a requirement) to replace warranty defects for people who have AGP cards. Not like they can just send them a newer PCIE and all's cool.

I could be wrong. /shrug
Does artifacting count as working? :p

I am game to do this but my card doesnt seem to have a standard serial number. It shows a white tag on BFGs site but mine has a blue sticker. I would love a 50 dollar 9800gt to start a new build around.:confused:

wow BFG is awesome. just dusted off my old 6800OC and will be getting a free 9600gt here soon =] i had never registered it before and had no proof of purchase but everything went smooth.

This is awesome. I have two BFG 6800's that would love to get upgraded. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow, I am SO interested in trading my daughter's 6800GT OC for the $50.00 9800GT :D :D

I wonder though, it has an AC5 cooler... not the OEM hsf... would that be a deal breaker?

wow, I was just thinking about how much of a waste it was to not be using my 6800's, two 9800's coming up, now I don't know if I really need my 4870 x2. My raid server was already way to over powered with a xeon version q6600, but now a q6600 and SLI 9800's, this is going to be crazy awesome.

NICE! Just dug up a 6800 GS AGP from my junker box and registered it for the 9800GT upgrade. Thanks a bunch OP!!! :D

On a side note - this goes great with my ASRock motherboard that has both an AGP and PCIe slot. I knew this board would pay off in an upgrade path later when I bought it last year. Nice deal for $89. :)

NICE! Just dug up a 6800 GS AGP from my junker box and registered it for the 9800GT upgrade. Thanks a bunch OP!!! :D

On a side note - this goes great with my ASRock motherboard that has both an AGP and PCIe slot. I knew this board would pay off in an upgrade path later when I bought it last year. Nice deal for $89. :)

I sold my ASrock dual on ebay for 150 bucks plus a 50 dollar 9800gt.....hot damn its Christmas!!!

Heh, I just got a free PCIe 6600GT OC from a friend today ... I thought of this deal as soon as I opened the box (even tho I knew the 6600 wasn't part of the promotion), but alas, PCIe doesn't help me much. Free is free, so I can either sell it or use it in an HTPC rig.

Back