BFG to offer Step-Up-like program!

That would be fantastic.. EVGA's two main selling points are the Wicked OC'ed Models with a warranty and the Step-Up..

And now you have to register cards purchased after Feb. something 2008 in order to receive lifetime warrenty :(... I loved the no registration!

I hope its true..

Only reason i go with evga is the "step up" :)

Does BFG honor after market cooling installations with their warranty? That would make them a viable choice vs. EVGA.

Unfortunately no. From their warranty:

BFG Tech said:
This warranty is only valid if the product:
Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

Though I've heard that they have in the past made exceptions to this policy, their official line is that you can't. One of the few marks against BFG compared to EVGA and XFX.

I recently asked BFG if they would consider ever changing their aftermarket cooling policy, and I got no response on that... only that for now, it will void my warranty. Too bad, I would really like to run a HR-03 rather than the stock cooler. So that is still a downer if you buy BFG... but think about it... if they let you put whatever you like on there, they would not have as good of an incentive to sell the watercooled edition cards.

Also, I think they have done away with the lifetime warranty on the new cards... its now a 10 year or something, which kind of makes sense... you dont want someone calling up after 12 years wanting to replace their defunct GeForce 6800...

If EVGA's program was 100 days I could step up my G92 GTS's to the GX2. As is, I'm screwed.

If EVGA's program was 100 days I could step up my G92 GTS's to the GX2. As is, I'm screwed.

You might want to call up eVGA and see if you can get it extended a few days so you can grab a 9800gx2. Officially eVGA won't do this but I've heard someone getting an extension this month (11days) just so they can grab a 9800GX2.

sigh it appears bfg has scrapped there great no questions asked rma policy and replaced it with bleh evga copycat.

that was all that made them stand out from xfx or evga.

oh well now the top 3 are all even in terms fo warranty now. xfx, evga, bfg. figures this would happen surprised it lasted as long as it did really.

sigh it appears bfg has scrapped there great no questions asked rma policy and repalced it with gay evga copycat.

that was all that made them stand out from xfx or evga.

oh well now the top 3 are all even in terms fo warranty now. xfx, avga, bfg. figures this would happen surprised it lasted as long as it did really.

Huh? The article makes no mention of BFG changing their RMA process...

Does BFG honor after market cooling installations with their warranty? That would make them a viable choice vs. EVGA.

Uhhh EVGA's warranty covers after market coolers being installed as long as you don't physically damage your board while installing one.

Hey, that's awesome. No idea if it's true or if it will happen, but I think it'd be a huge benefit to the business of BFG. Maybe they'll be able to rival EVGA.

Also great because I just bought two BFG 9600GT's this morning, so great news! I'll be watching this closely.

Huh? The article makes no mention of BFG changing their RMA process...

go to BFGTECH.com they updated the RMA warranty police as of 2-28-08 it says now its 10 years on videocards only the original owner must register or only 1 year warranty etc etc

its the original owner thing and registering that sucks, it was nie when buying used cards to know even if it arrived doq you could get a rma without issue. cant do that now it seems.

though the old warranty still applies to anything sold before 2-28-08 it says.

10 years is basically lifetime, very nice indeed. & here I was worried thier motto was going to be "you wanna step up Your gonna get knocked down!" :p

It's still lifetime except outside of North America.

For original purchasers residing in areas outside the USA or Canada, the limited warranty for graphic cards shall be for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.

Back