BFG - NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 OC 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card - 249.99 BB Outlet

Well, I guess it's for if you absolutely, positively, must have Nvidia...

I'd certainly wait for 5850s to come in stock though.

Aren't the 5850's the same? (and faster)
in 99% of cases yes the 5850 is the faster card. also the 5850 offers better features and lower power consumption. still some people prefer Nvidia for many reasons and maybe want to get another one for sli or folding.

Not bad if you want to use SLI as an upgrade path with an existing GTX285.

285's are like mini space heaters though...

nice, the price will probably come down a little more though when the 5850 get a better stock. I am still kicking around getting a second GTX280 to SLI

yes, changing the price of one card at the bestbuy outlet is an nvidia price adjustment :rolleyes:

maybe best buy is just clearancing the card to make room for more inventory?
putting ONE specific card on clearance should certainly free up lots of space for more inventory. :rolleyes:

Kinda sux when somebody just tosses out something to have another poo poo it, eh?

card has been that price for a few weeks now (the bestbuy outlet one) .. i thought about trading in my cellphone for bestbuy cash and was going to get one... but ended up selling the phone here on hardforum...and never got the card :p

got it for this price the day it dropped... going to return it once their 58 series comes in, for me i don't see enough of a difference over my 8800gts 512 sli.

like someone stated, its a good deal for someone who wants to stay nvidia or go sli.

Still not as cheap as what I got mine for, but a better price than $330.

got it for this price the day it dropped... going to return it once their 58 series comes in, for me i don't see enough of a difference over my 8800gts 512 sli.

like someone stated, its a good deal for someone who wants to stay nvidia or go sli.
what made you think that it would have been a big difference? your 8800gts 512mb sli setup has more overall sp and tmu so common sense would tell you that there likely would be little difference in most games. that setup is basically like a 9800gx2 with faster core clocks so in cases where the 512mb or memory bandwidth wasnt a problem then of course it would be close to a gtx285. heck the 9800gx2 was faster in many games than the gtx280 when it launched. why should they take the card back because you didnt do your research?

what made you think that it would have been a big difference? your 8800gts 512mb sli setup has more overall sp and tmu so common sense would tell you that there likely would be little difference in most games. that setup is basically like a 9800gx2 with faster core clocks so in cases where the 512mb or memory bandwidth wasnt a problem then of course it would be close to a gtx285. heck the 9800gx2 was faster in many games than the gtx280 when it launched. why should they take the card back because you didnt do your research?

Maybe because he wants a 5850? :D

hot deal or overprice deal?

I am not quite sure why the price of GTX 285 not yet drop to 200 ish when 5850 simply blow it out with lower price...

For folding, sadly NV cards are still much faster.

Maybe because he wants a 5850? :D

5870 actually :D

i did research, and came across conflicting results. That being said I also researched return policies. Bestbuy when it comes to this stuff is "i don't like it and want to return it" and as long as it's in the time frame is normal. I don't understand the hostility about returning something, last time i checked it was pretty normal.

If you're impatient and desperate, it's a deal. Since video cards are not life rafts, not sure why this would matter to most people...

hot deal or overprice deal?

I am not quite sure why the price of GTX 285 not yet drop to 200 ish when 5850 simply blow it out with lower price...

like said limited stock and there is always a certain amount of brand loyalty. also there still is a demand for these for people that already have one, sli GTX285 is hardly a bad option and still faster then a single 5870 in a lot of cases

like said limited stock and there is always a certain amount of brand loyalty. also there still is a demand for these for people that already have one, sli GTX285 is hardly a bad option and still faster then a single 5870 in a lot of cases

faster in fps, but not as smooth...

faster in fps, but not as smooth...

faster in fps but not as smooth? k...

i still run 260 sli set up with 192 cores and a pair of 4870's 512mb in cfx. Both chew through anything I need to play these days.

Great deal...especially for Folding!

Nooooo...must not buy any more video cards until GT300. Must resist!

Well, I guess it's for if you absolutely, positively, must have Nvidia...

I'd certainly wait for 5850s to come in stock though.

if you use the card for anything else other than gaming the nvidia is better for folding and such . Personally I'd go with a 5870 and then get another when prices fall or sell it and get a 5890 when it came out...

although the nv300 is coming out....

Back