BFG Lifetime Warranty

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
I own a 6800GT OC. Actually I purchased it back when they first released and purposly chose the BFG brand because they offer a lifetime warranty. Recently I've noticed my card is crapping out on nearly every game, and its not a PSU or driver issue.

So I need to have my card returned / replaced what-have-you. My question is ... Has anyone here had to use thier lifetime warranty with BFG before ? If so, were they good about it ? Simple process ?

Thanks

From my personal experience, altough which I'm told is a rarity, trying to get support from BFG was like pushing a rope. I bought my BFG after reading all the stellar comments regarding the company and their products. After having two 6800 GT cards that behaved the same (lockups and artifacts), I eventually just cut my losses and gave up. After being told that everything from my power supply was not enough (Enermax 6501) and that my system IRQ's were configured incorrectly (changing them as per their recommendations borked totally borked my system USB devices prompting a repair install) I just said enough is enough and vowed to never touch another one of their products. The card is now in my work machine and is running somewhat stable albeit at 330 core speeds with an aftermarket Zalman cooler to bring the temps down from the insane ones created by the custom BFG one.

Like I said, my experience seems to be the exception to the rule, not the norm, and I know there a number of BFG fanatics who swear by the brand. I guess its all in the luck of the draw of who you talk to and how long your patience is.

Doesn't BFG have a rep that visits these forums? Anyway you will never find a good size company that everyone is happy with. It seems that BFG for the most part are good people to work with.

BFG has the one of the best warrwnties you could ever have and tech service is great i RMA my 6800OC and the turn around was 1 week Great tech support. couldn't be better any where else. just call them up and they'll take care of the problem. good luck and happy gaming.

I've had a few recent BFG card failures (one of those being a replacment for a failure). I havent been able to get ahold of them (I will NOT stay on hold for 40 minutes). Meh, if I dont get ahold of them soon I'm just going say screw it and stick with this 9600 Pro, at least it doesnt get weird fuzz (only experienced on BFG 6800s, hell a MX440 I had in here has better 2D quality) at a high resolution with a decent refresh rate (16x12 75Hz).

Skrying said:
I've had a few recent BFG card failures (one of those being a replacment for a failure). I havent been able to get ahold of them (I will NOT stay on hold for 40 minutes). Meh, if I dont get ahold of them soon I'm just going say screw it and stick with this 9600 Pro, at least it doesnt get weird fuzz (only experienced on BFG 6800s, hell a MX440 I had in here has better 2D quality) at a high resolution with a decent refresh rate (16x12 75Hz).

I've called them a few times and have never held more than 8 mins.

nobi125 said:
I've called them a few times and have never held more than 8 mins.

Cool great, that's awesome for you. I've called them several times in a row and been on hold longer than I can count on my hands and feet combined.

Skrying said:
Cool great, that's awesome for you. I've called them several times in a row and been on hold longer than I can count on my hands and feet combined.

I think a lot of it depends on when you call. If I call at night or during the day, my hold times are longer, but when I called early in the morning, I got right through.

I've had a very good experience with a BFG RMA. It surprises me every time I hear about someone having a bad experience.

I've linked to my expierience several times, this is what happened when I tried to RMA my bfg 6800gt oc . The hold times are high, every time I called it took me an hour to get through. The bottom line is that if your cards are hosed they will work with you till they get it fixed, though in my case it took me several cards going back and forth and about a month's worth of downtime to get it done. :(

Skrying said:
(I will NOT stay on hold for 40 minutes).

40 minutes is not that bad.
the call center I look over deals with some of the biggest retail clients I can think of and 40 minutes isnt shit.

I think because of holiday gift giving (we just got past "that" time of year after all), every company experiences drastically increased call volume.

I am having similar problems (graphic corruption, video lag (not system lag)) BFG tells me its a conflict between the BGF 6800GT OC, the later forceware drivers, and my nforce3 motherboard, and basically there was nothing they could really do and that a RMA wouldn't really help. I personally think its bs.

After reading up on the BFG 6800GT OC, I purchased one. The card ran great for the longest time. When I install newer drivers, the card will run fine for a few hours or a few days and then the trouble begins. After contacting tech support, who was playing WOW at the time, he suggested I try another PS. I installed an Antec True Power 480. I called tech support and they said my problem was still the PS, I then installed an Antec True Control 2.0 550W. After all this I was told that my card could not run the new video drivers and it was designed to run on the Forceware 66.89 drivers.

Also, I have tried different processors, another nforce3 mb, and different ram with the same results. I did install the video card into a much slower system without the nforce 3 chipset and it appeared to run fine. I installed an ATI 9600 Pro into my systems and it ran fine.

Anyone know of this conflict?

AlexC

AMD64 3200+
MSI Neo2 Platinum
BFG 6800GT OC
2gig Corsair XMS Ram

Sounds like the same dumbass I spoke to. ;) If he starts telling you to muck around with IRQ settings - don't bother. All their advice did is botch my win install. If its not too late, just box the card back up and return it for another more reputable card maker, such as Evga.

Great customer service, quick turn arounds, no hassle.. long hold times..

its a 24/7 customer service how many people you think are going to be on the phones from 12-6 am.???

If you cant wait.. buy your card from bestbuy and you can return it locally.. Besides this is a company that sells all over the world and you are complaining about 40 minutes. Member they are offering you a lifetime warranty. End of story

Thanks for all the input guys. I work in tech/pc support so I can bear the wait times, I make people wait for me lol. I just need to fine some time on saturday to actually sit down and deal with it.

Thank God I didn't lose my box, and/or original reciept when I moved a month ago :)

Back