BFG GTX 295 in Stores

Vegasr

Gawd
Just left Fry's in Dallas (8pm) and they had 4 BFG GTX 295 cards on the shelf. Price is $529.99, item # 5811903. Did take note on how heavy it was, even compared to the X2 sitting next to it.

Was tempted to get one, but couldn't justify it with my watercooled X2 working perfectly.

photo010609001ez5.jpg

Nice, did you see the specs on it or anything? Has it been benchmarked?

Did take note on how heavy it was, even compared to the X2 sitting next to it.
Was tempted to get one, but couldn't justify it with my watercooled X2 working perfectly.

The X2 is crazy heavy, I can't imagine more weight.

no official review yet and they are for sale

bad nvidia, bad

please post pics, thx

sam

Are they supposed to be for sale or was this a goof up? I know that one guy was rocking an i7 before the release date...

more likely the Dallas Fry's jumped the gun and shelved them before the blackout ended.

Still trying to upload image. My memory card reader isn't working with my miniSD. I'm looking for the USB cable for my Treo 755 now.

Wow! Almost 2g of gddr3. Only if it was gddr5 :(
please not this again...

its only 896mb that can actually be used and gddr5 would make little difference on the already large 448bit bus and would not justify the cost on this card. the wider bus and slightly faster ram of the gtx280 would have been nice but again could not be justified at this price point and probably would have pushed the tdp too high.

OH SHI- :eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong, is the 295 just two 896mb cards put together? :confused:

please not this again...

gddr5 would make little difference on the already large 448bit bus and would not justify the cost on this card
I'm not a Gddr5 fanboy or anything, but the card is almost $600 after tax. "Justify" and "Cost" aren't often used when somebody drops that much scratch on a video card.

OH SHI- :eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong, is the 295 just two 896mb cards put together? :confused:
yes its just 2 55nm gtx260 cards with all shaders unlocked on a single package. it has the same shaders and tmu as the gtx280 but the rest of the card is standard 55nm gtx260.

that sucks - why mis-market it so blatantly then? right on the front package

its not really mis-marketing, since it does physically have what the box states, the box however does not state (at least on the front we have seen) that it makes use of the entire amount completely in ways a single one slot GPU does

basically it is a technicality, precise but not the complete truthfulness being given in a full statement... its kind of how car manufactures say this car here, gets 34 MPG, yes it does get that technically as rated, driving on the highway at an appropriate acceleration and stable rate as prescribed by the official rules for determination of the rating to begin with

yes its just 2 55nm gtx260 cards with all shaders unlocked on a single package. it has the same shaders and tmu as the gtx280 but the rest of the card is standard 55nm gtx260.

Ah, thanks for clearing my question/wondering up.

Nice picture :cool:

zomgggg should've bought one and taken apart and benched and all the sweet stuff. but at $530 i can't blame ya

ahh kk. Disregard my gddr5 posts then. I thought this was the new series, not the refresh.
yeah you will see gddr5 when they go with a much smaller bus. by then the prices will have come way down too so it looks to be an interesting next 6 months for sure.

WTF do you need 1700MB of ram for on a gpu?????????????????????????????? Honestly man

Really though, this card is going to completely kick ass. It's not receiving any of the negativity that the 9800GX2 received, which is great for Nvidia. I'm just glad Nvidia has it's single card solution to finally beat the 4870x2. I got really sick of hearing about that card.

After all the problems with the 9800GX2, I'll have to wait to see what people say about this one before continuing. Powerful card, tempting, but just need a few reviews and general consensus to push me over the edge. The GTX 285 is probably going to be priced like how the GTX 280 was before they started dropping prices ($350-430, depending on OC). Probably ridiculous, if it's $300-320 I'll grab one for sure.

WTF do you need 1700MB of ram for on a gpu?????????????????????????????? Honestly man
1) It sells.
2) Higher resolutions max out pretty quickly.

[H]adouken;1033556524 said:
After all the problems with the 9800GX2, I'll have to wait to see what people say about this one before continuing. Powerful card, tempting, but just need a few reviews and general consensus to push me over the edge. The GTX 285 is probably going to be priced like how the GTX 280 was before they started dropping prices ($350-430, depending on OC). Probably ridiculous, if it's $300-320 I'll grab one for sure.

1) It sells.
2) Higher resolutions max out pretty quickly.
There were test online that tested 1GB cards last year over 512 counterparts and it show to have zero performance improvement.

Really though, this card is going to completely kick ass. It's not receiving any of the negativity that the 9800GX2 received, which is great for Nvidia. I'm just glad Nvidia has it's single card solution to finally beat the 4870x2. I got really sick of hearing about that card.

If by beat you mean matched...

This is an 896MB card, same as 260s.

Please read up on how memory works in multi-GPU configurations.

http://www.dvhardware.net/news/nvidia_geforce_gtx_295_performance_chart.jpg

:p this thing is making me laugh so bad....

they should name it...

The Word Hottest card aka Fastest benchmark Card !!!!!

XD........
why dont you wait till the full reviews on Thursday to let you know if its a decent real world performer?

why dont you wait till the full reviews on Thursday to let you know if its a decent real world performer?

just a sarcasm....they need to stop making dual PCB ..... seriously...

I would have purchase if its not, but in this situation.....huh..

waiting to see GT 212 ....

tired of Sandwich board right now...

Back