BFG GTX 280 and FurMark

LawGiver

2[H]4U
i just bought a gtx 280 from newegg. its the BFG OC edition with 615 core. with my case open and gpu fan at 100%, with stock clocks, temps rise to 103'C within 5 minutes. i know at 105 something resets so I stop it when it hits 103. however playing games like far cry 2 it only goes to around 70'C.

That's strange. I would think that if the card is having heat issues it would heat up like that in any application. Have you run any other games to test this with, besides FC2? If so what were the results?

I would recommend continuing to monitor the temperature in games, and it gets excessive please let me know and we'll take care of you. If you aren't having issues (artifacting, tearing, etc...) I wouldn't really worry about it for now.

It is a known issue. $10 says the OP has one of those faulty gpus. Rma time sorry to say.

In the event that you do need /want to RMA the card, please send me over your contact details so I can get this taken care of for you.

not sure what has happened but i think im good now. all i did was plug in my rear exhaust fan which im not sure why i ever unplugged. before as i said stock clocks would get me 105'C on fur mark with 5 min or less. now after plugging in rear exhaust fan its like this:

670/1458/2484 reaches 93'C after 5 minutes. This is the max stable clocks in furmark.

now in EVERYTHING else that actually matters, so far im at 702/1512/2600. Im looping Far Cry 2 "Ranch Long" benchmark for 30 minutes now right and its sitting @ 60'C. i might be able to go higher but i think ill quit while im ahead.

good luck my geek tech friend, I went through 2 GTX 280 that reach 105+C in less than 20sec of furmak. I am on my 3rd card and it wont go pass 95+C.

Back