BFG gforce FX 5600 ultra CRASHING W/ NEO2 PLATINUM

rossamajig

n00b
I am running a system with a 865pe neo 2 platinum, a 3 ghz prescott chip, 4x 256mb 466mhz (running at 400) dual channel ram, a serial ata 80gig, and a BFG gforce FX 5600 ultra.

-----the problem----

Whenever i run a grphics intensive program (particularly The Sims, Quake III, and Warcraft III) the computer runs it well for a few minutes then reboots.

---what ive already tried---

I have tried the latest final release drivers for both the Intel chipset, and the video card, i have also tested this with a radeon 8500 and the latest catalyst drivers, and had the same issues. i have updated the bios and fixed some earlier issues i was having (cpu temp) but it has done nothing for this. i have also tried the latest beta drivers for boith the chipset and the video card.

HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS OR KNOW WHAT MAY SOLVE IT??

try updating your motherboard drivers....and have you checked the CPU temps??? maybe your cpu is overheating under extreme loads

P4s have auto throttleing its not the heat. It sounds like the 5v rail is droping to low...
Either bump ur your cpu voltage a very small amount or buy a better Power supply..
Try a Thermal Take 420PurePower..Solid as a rock.

What would you recomend as far as bumping the voltage.. like how much should i increase it?

P.S. thanks for the input, i didnt think about power issues, but it would make sense, this has been driving me insane

Back