BFG branded RatPadzGS for $2.50

9.65 shipped for me. I guess if you live close they allow pick up.

Are these real ratpadz?

From the page:

"During a major national gaming event, we handed out over 1,500 RatpadzGS prototype pads to all types of PC gamers, listened to their feedback, and made improvements. Then we tested the RatpadzGS surface with every major brand of mouse on the market to make sure it worked with all of them. It does."

Does that mean they make RatpadzGS?

Gee...why would they be discounting something with BFG on it? :p

That's a great deal, though I'd personally rather get them from http://www.ratpadz.com myself. ;)

I hear the ones from there have "essence of Kyle" on them. :D

I have an original(warped) and a GS (warn down). Loved them both. These are super tempting.

6 of them shipped is about $30..

I would personally rather spend my money on an XT. The GS is good for 'occasional' gamers but I found that the surface wore down within about a year of purchasing it.

The XT is a totally different beast. You just can't kill it. You can't wear it down, it's not possible. It slices, dices, and can be used as a weapon to decapitate your enemies if thrown properly. It's the tried and true 'original' formula and worth every single cent it costs and more.

I only wish Kyle would make some more logofied XTs. I'd kill for an original 'flaming logo' RatpadZ!

Can we just get cliff'snotes?

Here's a couple tidbits:

... any order placed using a credit card or Paypal and then refunded will be assessed a 20% restocking fee even though the order has not shipped...

and

... The customer is solely responsible for shipping any returned product to Performance PC's, Inc., including any shipping charges.

It's a bit lengthy, but those were the two things that stood out to me. Also passing due to the shipping cost.

The OP needs to include, in the original post, the item is $9.75 shipped.

That was very misleading.

The XT is a totally different beast. You just can't kill it. You can't wear it down, it's not possible. It slices, dices, and can be used as a weapon to decapitate your enemies if thrown properly. It's the tried and true 'original' formula and worth every single cent it costs and more.

Sadly, my original XT from 5 years ago did wear down around the middle area. :( I like using high sensitivity, which allows me to use small movements for my overall usage, thus causing the "uneven" wear. But since I loved the smooth surface so much, I just went ahead and bought a second one for my main rig at home. :D

The old one I use now in my office and whenever anyone uses my desktop, they always complain about how "freaking sensitive" and "slippery" my setup is. :p:D

I've noticed too that my XT from 3 years ago is not as good as it once was. If I use the mouse on the edges it just glides like it should, but not in the middle where I normally use it.

Lets see, I am at my computer 12-14 hours a day every single day. Work and play at the same computer. That is a good 15,000 hours or so of usage. It still works fairly well, but just does not glide like it used to. It is still amazingly better than using my mouse on my desk. These things sure were made to last. At my total usage, the average person would probably be at this point in 10 years.

Yeah, XT's are pretty killer. It got taken down, but someone had a review up where they hit one with some buckshot to see how well it held up and it did pretty damn good for a mouse pad. :p

Ratpadz XT+Pledge+Teflon Mouse Feet=Pefection

TBH, unless Performance-PCs has something I absolutely need to have and can't find elsewhere, I will never order from them. Their shipping prices are too high. Heck, the prices on the stuff they sell are usually high (though this mouse pad's an exception).

im still using the original ratpad from like 2000 or whenever it came out haha.

i would have gone for it, had the shipping not been so incredibly high

Haha, kickass Paul, I didn't think about going to web archive. :cool:

id rather buy from [H]ard|Forum link and support this forum. Even if it is more expensive.

oh and Edit:

I have the RatPadz XT... its amazingly superior to anything ive used before. Have had it for roughly 4 months. No problems yet. And before i bought this i would just use my Desk surface.... Huge different.

had a ratpadz xt i think, but was just too small for me. I need the extra movement because of not too high DPI and medium sensitivity (and for some reason, can't really get used to playing with any other settings). To give you an idea, my MX518 only had about 2 inches of space in front and behind it when perfectly center on that pad. Even when turned to the side, the left and right movements for me were hindered, either with hitting the keyboard or sliding off the pad.

However, even though not defective they were happy to take it back and issue a full refund (including the shipping, both ways, and tax) so I gotta show support for them overall.

I have been waiting for an even bigger version so I could be a customer once again :D.

I have been waiting for an even bigger version so I could be a customer once again :D.

Odd, the RatPadz is notably larger than your average mousing surface. But I too would like to see a bigger version of the XT.

Hey Kyle, what about a RatPadz "XL"? :D

i remember back in the day, kyle joked about the fact that the plastic manufacturer could make it in just about any size/shape you wanted, and that he was toying with the idea of just getting a single slab the same size as his desk and being done with it... more that a few of us on here would have been all over that, including myself, (however as of now, it would be cost prohibitive even at 2.50 w/free shipping.. ) i dont know what ever came of the idea, or if he even got quotes... but i could still see a few guys on here jumping on a limited production run.

Odd, the RatPadz is notably larger than your average mousing surface. But I too would like to see a bigger version of the XT.

Hey Kyle, what about a RatPadz "XL"? :D

it is definitely larger than the normal ones you would find at your mom's comp or school/work, but sadly is still a decent amount smaller than the bigger gaming mousepads.

i remember back in the day, kyle joked about the fact that the plastic manufacturer could make it in just about any size/shape you wanted, and that he was toying with the idea of just getting a single slab the same size as his desk and being done with it... more that a few of us on here would have been all over that, including myself, (however as of now, it would be cost prohibitive even at 2.50 w/free shipping.. ) i dont know what ever came of the idea, or if he even got quotes... but i could still see a few guys on here jumping on a limited production run.
Why not just add legs and make it into a desk? I bet it would be less than $10,000. :p

The OP needs to include, in the original post, the item is $9.75 shipped.

That was very misleading.

cry me a river.:rolleyes:

for some sales tax might apply, for some shipping might change (maybe not this item, but usually shipping varies), so don't be so fucking put out you have to actually take a moment and see if the deal is what you want or no.

Back