BFG Ageia PPU...

Majeztik12

Limp Gawd
I friend gave me his Ageia card. Can i use this card or not? I know nVidia has gobbled up this technology and is marketing the hell out of it to sell more cards. Is there still support for these standalone PPU cards? Or has nVidia screwed a small percentage of peeps with these cards?

I guess i'm screwed running Win7! I checked nVidia drivers and they only have Xp support. Let me know if i am wrong! Thanks!!!

The cards continue to perform just fine to this day, with a few caveats.

You need to use this driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html (Works with Windows 7)

Do NOT install ANY physx drivers that are newer than that or your card will be disabled.

These drivers, even though they are 2+ years old, still support up to version 2.8.1 of the PhysX SDK, which at this point still includes a large number of the PhysX games and apps that currently exist, including 3dmark vantage.

my understanding from reading in the past was that using the older dedicated physx cards was worlds slower with performance than using a nvidia card (gtx 260 and up) with a AMD card

but it is still a pain if even still possible to get the nvidia card to play nice with the ATI card for physx

I'd love to be able to do this since I have a 6970 crossfire setp lmao, playing Batman AA and Alice Madness Returns on my lower speced HTPC makes me jealous of my high end desktop with no physx

Back