BFG 8800GT OC at BestBuy

This thing overclocks pretty well... I ran it @ 725/1000 last night. Debating if I should keep it now =P

Just got my black PCB one from bb online. Can't wait till Thur for my mobo and hd to come in and I'll have everything.

Maddude,

What software do you use to overclock it and set the fan speed?

riva tuner, and I set the fan to 63%, for some reason any higher then that and it gets annoyingly high pitched. You think it's be 65% or 70%, but whatever.

This is true, so please don't rag me. I checked online and it said my closest BB had the cards in stock. I wasn't buying it, so I went down there and sure enough the 8800GT row was empty. While I was standing there, a kid came up and stocked 5 of them. By the time I left, they were all gone. True.
jpg.jpg

I bought a 8800GTS the day before the 8800GT came out. I checked Bestbuy.com to see if the store in my area had the card. Then I called. They had two. I took my 8800GTS back to Circuit City and bought a 8800GT at Bestbuy the same day. I called Best Buy the next day and picked up the other one. Pretty damn good deal for less than 500 dollars worth of video cards.

Looks like they are upgrading their cards, the earlier ones were all reference green. Now does it have the larger fan or not?
BFG is not using the new fans yet. I spoke with them and according to the guy I spoke with they wont be using the new fans any time soon.

I picked up the last 2 at a local BB last night at $279.99 each with a rain check for $30.00 off each card. I threw in a few old gift cards and paid a total of $501.00 for the pair. Not the best price in the world, but not to shabby either considering the availability of the cards. Coincidently, a couple of other guys were also there looking for the cards and I got a friend to hold a pair of cards at another BB down the road for them. It turns out one of the gents was a fellow [H] member WhoBeDaPlaya. It’s a small world. Hope they got their cards.

Do I have to register the card to get lifetime warranty? I just saw the EVGA thread and they require you to register in 30days.

With the price back up to $279.99 at BB, I passed on it (though I was, and still am, tempted to get it). The regular price is not so much of a deal for a card which is clocked barely above NVIDIA's reference. The BFG 8800GT OC is clocked at 625/900/1566MHz on the GPU/memory/shader clock speed (versus the 600/900/1500MHz on the NVIDIA 8800GT reference card). Still, it is a much better buy than any of the 8600 series cards (which are mostly overpriced for their moderate performance). The slightly pricier 8800GT OC2 (not carried in BB stores), on the other hand, is clocked at 675/975/1674MHz.

Back