BFG 8800 GT OC 237.99

I scored !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I waited about 45 minutes because they were looking for them. They had just got there and they had to hunt them down .

El Segundo California Manager Henry FTW !!!

DUDE, YOU'RE MY HERO!
My order wasn't going to arrive until the 20th, but I went with receipt like you said with coupon and she did a rebuy, total with tax, $232. :eek::eek::eek:

Cool bro, grats. Just make sure that they don't somehow cancel the shipping of your item. The day that I did the return/rebuy thing I got an email from Bestbuy.com telling me that my item was returned... which makes sense because that's how it works.

Got back a few hours ago with my new 8800gt videocard...mine is black pcb also... what goes this mean? Are the ones before they redesigned the fan not black or something?

3dmark06 score went from 9730 with 8800gts 320mb to 11894. can play crysis on high now with no problems :D

Got back a few hours ago with my new 8800gt videocard...mine is black pcb also... what goes this mean? Are the ones before they redesigned the fan not black or something?

3dmark06 score went from 9730 with 8800gts 320mb to 11894. can play crysis on high now with no problems :D
I got a black PCB as well. So sexy.

my 3dmark score was only 8777 at 700/1800. :confused:
the fan is so annoying that is a fucking joke above 80%. :eek:

So you guys wanna know what's really funny? This is earlier in the day, when I had low hopes of attaining one of these BFG card from BB...

I live in Fresno, CA and we have 1 BB. The closest BB's out of Fresno are 1 in Visalia(50m away) and 1 in Merced(58m away). As I explained earlier, last night I talked to BB in Fresno and they said they were getting 5 later that night... and I called until they closed with no luck. At 12am I checked online and they had some available... along with Visalia and Merced. Earlier today after I wake up I look online again and my city's BB shows NONE in stock! So I call them and their computer reports they have 1 available, so she goes to find it, comes back and tells me she couldn't find it, that it must have been a 'computer error'!

Time goes by, and my friend comes over who is waiting for me to get a 8800GT so he can have my old 8800GTS. For the past 3 weeks both him and I have been waiting for the MSI card from DELL, but anyway I tell him the bad news about BB selling out... and I jokingly say we can always drive to Visalia, and he is so down he says he'll drive at no cost if that means him getting my videocard tonight. I call the Visalia store to confirm the kill, and she says her computer reports they have 2 in stock, she goes to check to make sure, comes back and tells me they actually don't have any, and that 'it must have been a computer error'.

I call Merced and she says their computer shows they have 2 in stock. Shit not again! She goes to check to make sure and comes back saying they actually only have 1 in stock and it's on hold for someone, who happens to also be coming from Fresno! She tells me the guy told her he wasn't 100% sure he would make it tonight, and tells me that if I purchase it over the phone she will secure it for me. I give her the info, and then tell her that I also have a 10% coupon. She adjusted the price no problem! Came out to $230 and some odd cents charged to my card, woohoo! Drove with my buddy to the store, took us an hour there and an hour back, listened to some chill ass Celebration and Jaime T on the way, got there, it was all payed for so they just handed it over to me after I showed them my ID, never even had to give them my printed coupon, BB ftw!

Man, I hope that guy never actually drove there, how pissed would he be? And to anyone who didn't get to use the 10% off coupon, I'm not trying to be an asshole but damn, that sucks, I never even had to show them one. :cool:

very entertaining little story there edgeh2o . its amazing the adventures one can have just to attain a product. :)

Here is my story .

I drove to downey CA after work to check if they had some but no luck. They sent me to Hawthorne saying that they had 2 . I get there and they say they can't find any but they show two so they send me to the El Segundo store and they tell me the same thing. This time I wasn't going to be pushed away so easy . I told them can you please find one of those cards. I drove 1hr and 30mintues looking for this card @ 3 different stores. One dude comes back and says they can't do anything , they lady at customer service told me the same thing . I asked to speak with the manager who took about 20 minutes to come. I was getting frustrated but a very nice manager Henry came by and said they might still be on the truck thats in the back. He called up to check the manifest and he says they show (3) well when he said this two employees "one from geek one from best buy" followed the manager and when they came out everyone came out with one in their hand LOL they got me one but kept them to themselves. I thanked everyone and after 45 minutes I walked out paying 229 OTD after taxes and the coupon . Fucking score !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the box, does it show a black PCB or green? I haven't opened mine yet but on the box shows a green PCB =P

Thanks cannondale06 and nice going leoftw! Just another benchy...

Before with my 8800GTS 320MB I ran the Crysis benchmark and got

min:16 ave:23 max:26

With the 8800GT I was able to get

min:18 ave:33 max:37

Not bad at all if you ask me :)

what do you mean jonjon0nline? it doesn't show the color of the pcb on my box...

Have a few in stock locally, gunna head out today and try my luck at 10% off :D.

Mine has a green PCB and I'd prefer the black PCB with the better fan. I've got it installed and it seems to be OK so far after adjusting fan speeds with Riva Tuner, but should I consider playing the video card roulette game with Best Buy? Perhaps they're in stock now at a nearby store and I could exchange mine (say it's too hot and noisy) and get one of the better ones?

Is there a way to tell from the outside of the box which one you're getting? Are all of the black PCB newer ones OC2?

mine is black pcb and it's the normal OC version not OC2 It has the old fan I think since it has 13fins on the fan. My temp. is 61C on idle and I haven't crashed once when playing Crysis on 1920x1200 res. with very high everything. No Rivatuner needed yet. This card is also in my cramped Lanbox on my matx DS2R board.

mine is black pcb and it's the normal OC version not OC2 It has the old fan I think since it has 13fins on the fan. My temp. is 61C on idle and I haven't crashed once when playing Crysis on 1920x1200 res. with very high everything. No Rivatuner needed yet. This card is also in my cramped Lanbox on my matx DS2R board.
youre out of your mind if you think you are playing Crysis on "Very High" at 1920x1200. :rolleyes:

Its not really playable on Very High settings at any resolution above 1024x768.

Xbitlabs only got 6.1 fps at 1920x1200 on Very Settings.... http://xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/msi-nx8800gt_8.html#sect0

ok well maybe it's semi very high? :confused: I used the very high and dx10 hack on the demo. Only part that bogs me down is the snow level

ok well maybe it's semi very high? :confused: I used the very high and dx10 hack on the demo. Only part that bogs me down is the snow level
still at 1920x1200 even medium is not perfectly smooth and playable throughout the game. theres no need to exaggerate since the performance of Crysis is well documented and yes that snow/ice level is a killer.

Green PCB's here and no clue on the fan's. They went from the box into the computers way too fast to even check :-P What I can tell you is they are absolutely unbearable over a fan speed of 75%. Idle is 55C on one and 53C on the other with both fans on auto control at 29%.

Well the game isn't smooth, but I mean for me it's playable. As long as I can shoot the guys and enjoy the scenery it's all good for me :) I'm sure it'd be nice to have 30fps, but for me I'm ok with less than 30fps. I just gotta figure out how to get the fps to see what I'm tolerating.

I spent about an hour learning how to use Riva Tuner to set the fan speeds. I don't think it's all that horribly loud even at full 100% speed, but then again, I'm a little less sensitive to noise and my rig has 5 80mm case fans anyway. I seem to idle at 52 degrees with the fan set at 40%.

Sadly, my Unreal Tournament 3 FPS performance doesn't seem to be all that improved but now it's playable at my LCD's max resolution of 1280 x 1024. (Can't say I tried 1280 x 1024 with my x800xt-GTO.) I guess I'm a little disappointed. Time to upgrade to a dual core CPU perhaps.

My 3DMark06 score: 7329

GPU: BFG 8800 GT and its stock OC settings.
CPU: Single-core Socket 939 Opteron at 2.75 Ghz.
RAM: 2 GB at 2T and 161.8 Mhz (according to CPU-Z)

3DMark05 score with x800xt-GTO: 6157
3DMark05 score with 8800 GT: 13422

Would I benefit in any way from reinstalling Direct X 9.0c?

i managed to get one yesterday for $220.27 OTD luckily. unfortunately when i got home last night I was greeted with a bill from my hospital which pretty much crippled my income. Looks like it will be going on ebay, the trusty old 7600gt will have to hold up a few more months.

just got my BFG 800 GT installed!!!

for some reason im getting just about 8700 in 36Mark06 on Vista and around 9000 in XP when most review are getting 11000 to 12000...im thinking is my processor. I have an intel core 2 duo e6400 at stock 2.13 Ghz while most of the reviews are using overclocked quad cores at over 3 GHz

just got my BFG 800 GT installed!!!

for some reason im getting just about 8700 in 36Mark06 on Vista and around 9000 in XP when most review are getting 11000 to 12000...im thinking is my processor. I have an intel core 2 duo e6400 at stock 2.13 Ghz while most of the reviews are using overclocked quad cores at over 3 GHz
well that makes me feel better because I got an 8777 at 700/1800. I know my 5000 X2 is holding me back but 8777 seems very low. your 2.13 Core 2 and my 2.6 X2 are about equal so maybe that does explain it.

yayyyy i got one too, someone returned one and i got there at 8am the next morning only one to be found in the 7 store area wheeee, man i cant believe how much nicer this is than my x1550

Black PCB here, bought online.

Odd thing is though...... it's running reference clocks. Both GPUz and RivaTuner report 600 MHz core, 900 MHz (1800 effective) DDR.

Oh well, I just gotta get the waterblock stuck on there and go to town.

Mom just got one for me at the local best buy. Came out to about $225. Can't wait to get home and look at it. I don't really want to put it in my current system. So far I have this and an Antec 550w Truepower. Hopefully I can get the rest of my parts by mid January.

Ended up with 12997 in 3dmark06 with graphics card at stock clocks. Pretty happy with that.

Picked up two in Franklin, TN. The 10% off works. Bring more coupon print-outs if you're buying multiples. I need to go back with one and get 10% off my second card :D

got mine, weeee... the fan never goes faster during games even, nice and quiet
thats like saying my dog just sits there and doesnt bark when people break in. :p

you and I have the old fan since BFG hasnt updated it yet. the fan does a crappy job of cooling thats why Nvidia changed it. evga even updated their cards to have the fan kick on earlier to cool the card. after all that is the point of the fan.

Yea my fan is quite jacked, need to find that updated bios I guess because my card just continues to climb and climb and the fan never goes above 29% lol.

Went to Frys in Arlington TX on friday to get a abit ip35-e mobo and the had 3850s(bout 5 of them), 8800gt,(bout 7 of them on the shelf) and (about 4 or 5) 8800gts 512.I got my 8800gt last week from frys.com.:cool::D;)

Well..... my fan was retarded (it is the 65mm version), but it never got to speed up too much during gaming. I ran crysis for maybe 10 minutes and it managed to hit 108C with the case open. Also, I had completely stock clocks on my card.

While any normal user would probably return it at that, I was going to OC and watercool anyways..... without ANY effort whatsoever I'm currently running 756/1890/2072 (core/shader/mem) with a max core temp of 43C. I'm satisfied with my purchase and will push it further later.

Here is the difference between the new and old versions of the fans:

http://en.expreview.com/?p=78

Heard some reports that BFG went back in and opened the static bags to replace something (?), so the original seal may be broken with a replacement stick on top instead.

Here is the difference between the new and old versions of the fans:

http://en.expreview.com/?p=78

Heard some reports that BFG went back in and opened the static bags to replace the fans, so the original seal may be broken with a replacement stick on top instead.
Im going back to Best Buy after xmas to exchange it if the BFG cards have the new coolers by then. I will give BFG a call next week to see if they have any more info on the cooler situation.

Back