BFG 8600 GTS OC & OC2 With ThermoIntelligence

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have been on vacation for the last ten days so you will have to cut me some slack if I’m the only person that hasn’t seen the new ThermoIntelligence fansink that BFG designed for its 8600 GTS OC and OC2 video cards. BFG claims that the new “fansink” boasts temperatures from 5°C to 11° cooler than stock reference heatsinks. Not bad, not bad at all.

The new BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS ThermoIntelligence fansink was designed from the ground up by BFG Technologies to provide exceptional cooling performance without any gimmicks or draw backs. Some of the differentiating elements that went into our design include moving the fan to the opposite end of the heatsink to eliminate a dead air zone and increasing the surface area over the GPU for improved heat dissipation. The end result is a cool looking solution that’s well, cool.

Looks neat, and I like that they aren't using that annoyed looking dude anymore... who wants an upset bald dude on their card :confused:

But it looks like this card still pushes the heat back in the case? And won't it bump the price of this card up too? =\

Well, the cool thing (no pun intended) is that, on top of being a great company with a phenomenal warranty, a pair of these babies in a properly vented rig will run a lot cooler...meaning longer life and your system will run cooler as well.

Any changes made to the fan speed, or the noise level compared to the stock reference heatsink? Lower temps are nice, but is it really superior engineering efficiency, or is it just more brute force CFM from the fan?

its the same size fan, so it'll be running pretty loud on load imo. If they designed it from the ground up, why don't they improve it to use 80mm or 90mm fan? Perhaps the higher end vid cards could use it.

The site was updated with the following apparently:

*In an acoustically controlled environment with a background acoustic noise level of 19.2<20 dB(A), the NVIDIA reference fansink measured 39.9 dB(A) and the BFG ThermoIntelligence fansink measured 39.2 dB(A)

I guess we'll have to wait to see the reviews to confirm everything though. ;)

Back