BFG 7800gs - yet another DOA

Susquehannock

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else have trouble getting a good 7800gs card (AGP) from BFG? So far I have received three dead cards.
Reading the reviews at New Egg seems I am not alone.

The last two cards had obviously been re-worked by hand. Soldering flux smeared on card by molex connector.
Tried the cards in three good systems & no go. Just blue lights.

I bought mine at best buy and it has treated me just fine for about 3 months now. That has got to suck buying and returning 3 times.

Thanx for the sympathies. :cool:

Got these from New Egg. Tried to get a refund but both Egg and BFG said no go. Only replacement.

Just sent my third card back. Wondering if the $50 rebate will expire before I can get a good one. And I have already paid over $50 shipping charges total for returns etc. Who eats that? Me that's who. So far a $220 card has cost me almost $300. This has been one big snafu. :mad:

Thanx for the sympathies. :cool:

Got these from New Egg. Tried to get a refund but both Egg and BFG said no go. Only replacement.

Just sent my third card back. Wondering if the $50 rebate will expire before I can get a good one. And I have already paid over $50 shipping charges total for returns etc. Who eats that? Me that's who. So far a $220 card has cost me almost $300. This has been one big snafu. :mad:

Sounds like the egg may have a bad batch of them.

They send the replacements back free, the problem is return shipping & insurance at my end.

I guess i dont see a trend. i looked at the reviews and in the last month i counted 7 actual DOA reviews 2 of them where the same guy and one of them im assuming is you (Susq) Thats 10 pages of reviews. I think you may have some super bad luck.

Well, I counted 11 DOA complaints in the last 200 submissions. That is only searching for the term "DOA", and
does not count multiple DOA like mine. Never said it was common. Just that I am not alone in this.

Thanks. Seems like you're beating your head against a wall -- needlessly. Anyway, BFG has a great rep too. So good luck.

Back