BFG 6800GT problem/graphical glitches

rufio

[H]ard|Gawd
Just replaced my 9800 for a 6800gt because i thought my 9800 was suffering from bad memory ( i was getting the same graphical glitches as now but worse before). So its pretty frustrating to see that the glitches are back.

I have a shuttle sb61g2 system with the standard 200W power supply (i have a 250W arriving from newegg on thursday). P4 2.8@ 3.16 (225fsb) isnt using any extra power and has been stable since ive had it. Im running 61.77 nvidia drivers and i did the whole driver cleaner thing before changing cards. XP is up to date (well thru win update, havent done sp2 yet)

Any ideas what this could be? I dont think its the power because my old ati card worked perfectly when i first got the shuttle and then later did this. Could it be directx (doom uses OGL so do i need new ogl drivers?) Anything you can throw at me to help out would be great.

Well i dropped my cpu back down to stock and the problem is gone, maybe it is a power issue. Ill try the new power supply back up at 225 fsb and hope for the best

It definitely looks like a power issue. I don't even think a great 250W will be good enough for that system.

from what ive read and been told as long as i have the 250 watt or even a 200w achme branded PS there seems to be no problems. I was just unlucky and got an enhance power supply, which is causing the problems.

come thursday ill know...

Back