BFG 6800GT, 550W PSU, Doom 3, and Free 2 Day Shipping for $449!

BattleMaster

Limp Gawd
Chumbo said:
BFG Power Bundle

Powerful hardware for a power hungry game! For a limited time buy the BFG Power Bundle (BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC and BFG 550 watt power supply) and receive a free copy of Doom 3 (a $55 value)! Play Doom 3 the way it was meant to be played.

Great deal on a fantastic graphics card and more! This bundle would cost ~$600 if you bought the items seperately online or in-store and paid tax or shipping! :eek:

http://www.chumbo.com/info.asp?s=MGX-10129098

There are awards and reviews for this graphics card linked on the right side of the page at http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html. You can also find a review on [H]ard|OCP too. :D

dang, I would so order this but i only have 330 on my debit card :(

And the funny thing is that this is what I have 330$ for and i had to drop 30$ for some things the other day, ugh.

damn, i keep feeling like more and more of a chump for buying a bfg 6800gt oc for $411 shipped.

This is an okay deal for anyone you may know who is just now building a rig.
Most people have 1 of the 3 bundled products already: (1) new GPU or (2) new PSU or (3) Doom3. I’d email this out to any pals who have been thinking about building a new system, but haven’t purchased any hardware yet.

Btw, I was running a PNY 6800GT with an Antec True 430W w/o problems. BFG is an OCed part so it’ll draw more power.
I’m running a BFG 6800U on an Ultra X-connect 500W PSU w/o problems right now.

With the recent release of the NForce4 chipset and SLI mobos imminent, the 6800 GT & Ultras will drop in price making way for their PCIe cousins.

genome_soldier said:
Does BFG make a good power supply? Or is it rebadged junk?

I've heard from a couple of folks who own a BFG power supply and they think it's just as good as say an Antec.

vbrtrmn said:
Their rating is only 5.33 .. better than many but still kinda low.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1933.html

well i snagged my bfg 6800gt from chumbo back when they were fairly scarce and hard as hell to find not marked up, and have nothing but praise for them. the service was fast and their customer service personnel were EXTREMELY helpful and polite to me. at the time i was having an issue with my credit card( a cancelled compusa order was still somehow not cleared from it) and they were very patient and understanding in helping me work it out. i'd definately buy from them again without a second thought(end of commercial. i don't usually endorse websites much, but like i said i was very impressed)

how long is this deal gonna last?

I'm gonna put the money in my bank account for this later today, but it'll take a day to rollover and then i'll order it .

hopefully they aren't out by then :(

The PSU looks really good on paper, I'd say more like an enermax than an antec, still searching to see who really makes it though...

::edit::
Shot off an email to marketing see if I can get an answer straight from the horses lawyers mouth, as it were...

I dont know much about the power supply. But if you already have at least 350W you can easily run a GT without fail if you have a brand name PS. I find it interesting that chumbo doesnt sell the GT all by itself and hasnt even back in early AUG??? Why not just go to Newegg and get the card there?? They have it in stock. You can get Antec's true 480 for under 100 and make your own bundle sans doom3. I smell a rat in this chumbo deal, again why dont they sell the GT alone. Almost all etailers have the GT for sale at suggested retail now. :confused:

I think it's a bad idea to generalize... having a 350W power supply does not guarantee a stable gaming experience using a Geforce 6800GT. Assuming it's a good power supply, there's still no guarantee you're going to have enough juice to power everything that someone might have stuffed inside their box. That being said, my signature demonstrates stuffing lots of things in a box, and running it on a 400W power supply, and so far it's been okay, but I am concerned, and have been mulling over the NeoPower 480W purchase...

I thought this was a bundle made by BFG that chumbo is selling ? I didn't think this was a bundle made up and sold by chumbo...? But I don't know..? And yes I like the dot, dot, dot question mark thing...?

It looks like a forton psu. The one that is on bfgs website looks like this one . The one on chumbos website looks slightly different (full range ac input).

i have more than enuf things in my computer and the GT ran well with 350W. I do agree that time will come when you need more POWER. I did just that when I added an FX_53.
Now I run with a 6800 ultra and 480W Antec. No problems, specifically. But I still smell a rat in that other deal. :mad:

I just ordered the power bundle at 1:48. 1 hour later they sent me the fed-ex tracking number, :eek: I'll let you know how things look monday or tuesday when it arrives and I have spent some quality time with it...... ;)

Just FYI.

I just noticed that Chumbo's reseller rating had dropped DRAMATICALLY in the last two weeks. A couple weeks ago they had a rating higher than 80% of merchants listed, now it is at a 5.6

APPARENTLY (from reading the feedback) they had mispriced a 1GB SD card for $35 and pulled the ad after a bunch of people ordered it. There are 10 pages of people complaining about the deal and it has hammered Chumbo's reseller rating.

You can see that Chumbo had a great rating...before the 10 pages (wow...ten pages :eek: ) of bad ratings over that 1GB SD card deal.

Make sure you ALWAYS check out reseller ratings before buying from anyone, but as you can see from this perfect example, not honoring a mispriced item has hammered their rating. There is a Reseller Rating Admin note at the top of the comments section.

xxaaqq said:
I think it's a bad idea to generalize... having a 350W power supply does not guarantee a stable gaming experience using a Geforce 6800GT. Assuming it's a good power supply, there's still no guarantee you're going to have enough juice to power everything that someone might have stuffed inside their box. That being said, my signature demonstrates stuffing lots of things in a box, and running it on a 400W power supply, and so far it's been okay, but I am concerned, and have been mulling over the NeoPower 480W purchase...

Many many people run 6800GT's on Shuttle 240W power supplies in SFF's, without a single problem, and they are running 2 HD's, a CDROM drive, etc.

Of course, the Shuttle power supplies are built well... Just thought I'd note that.

xxaaqq said:
Assuming it's a good power supply, there's still no guarantee you're going to have enough juice to power everything that someone might have stuffed inside their box.

(I had a GT for~1 month)
1 month of solid Gaming:
I ran a PNY 6800GT, 4 PATA HDDs RAID-0 (7200RPM), 1SATA (7200 RPM), 1 DVDR on an Antec TruePower 350W – no problems, but I was kinda freaked about the power too… I eventually upgraded power & GPU

Steve said:
Just FYI.

I just noticed that Chumbo's reseller rating had dropped DRAMATICALLY in the last two weeks. A couple weeks ago they had a rating higher than 80% of merchants listed, now it is at a 5.6

APPARENTLY (from reading the feedback) they had mispriced a 1GB SD card for $35 and pulled the ad after a bunch of people ordered it. There are 10 pages of people complaining about the deal and it has hammered Chumbo's reseller rating.

You can see that Chumbo had a great rating...before the 10 pages (wow...ten pages :eek: ) of bad ratings over that 1GB SD card deal.

Make sure you ALWAYS check out reseller ratings before buying from anyone, but as you can see from this perfect example, not honoring a mispriced item has hammered their rating. There is a Reseller Rating Admin note at the top of the comments section.

wtf? those ass holes, i mean the reviewers. they don't deserve that for a little misprint.

Hehe well after a few rounds of not getting my questions answered I eventually got ahold of a real live marketing person (well via email anyhow) and heres the best answer I can get on the PSU:

Not to sound evasive, but we generally don't share who are mfring partners are just because it is subject to change and we often work with multiple partners at any given time. And hopefully not to sound to much like a PR guy, but alas that's what I do :) we've built a pretty good reputation for standing behind our products so you can be sure our power supply is well built and worthy of recommendation. If for some reason you find out it is not, by all means please let me know!

And yes the "are partners" instad of "our partners" is his gaffe, not added.

So there ya go, I guess, lol.

Peace.

hmm, for some reason yesterday I was thinking this deal was 350$ not 450$ :confused:
weird i must be seeing things.

oh well, I was going to order it, but now that i've realised it's 450$ i don' think I will, you can get a 6800gt for <400 and doom III for 20-25<'ish

and the power supply i don't know how good it'd be, but i wouldn't really need one.

Steve said:
Just FYI.

Yea, thats the first thing I did. I noticed all the bad reviews and that it was because of the mispriced SD card.. I was supprised it hammered their rating the way it did :eek: . I figured I'd take a chance based on the pre-mispriced rating debacle... :p

Has anyone ordered this and can confirm that it is shipping? I just placed my order. I was skeptical because of the resellerrating.com, but their entire feedback was based on 1 item having a misprint. If you check with BFG you can see if you want to buy from them it links directly to chumbo.com. I'm hoping this is just a special packaged bundle from BFG.

AudioCow said:
Has anyone ordered this and can confirm that it is shipping? I just placed my order. I was skeptical because of the resellerrating.com, but their entire feedback was based on 1 item having a misprint. If you check with BFG you can see if you want to buy from them it links directly to chumbo.com. I'm hoping this is just a special packaged bundle from BFG.

According to the fed-ex site it will be delivered tomorrow, usually by noon around here...

The package is in the house!! :D Doom 3 is located in the BFG box, no box of its own. The power supply has the BFG sticker on it, says its made in china(of course) Has 3 different connections for the motherboard power and 2 SATA power connectors. If I had a website to post to I'd snap a few pics for those interested...

Mine shipped today. I don't own Doom3 and I only have a 350w power supply and was already having power issues, so i think this is a great deal.

The bottom of the page lists this which contradicts the introduction: :confused:
Included in Box

BFG GeForce™ 6800 OC™ graphics card
Quick install manual
DVI-I to VGA connector
“Y” power cable
Driver CD, which includes
NVIDIA® Unified Drivers
Full installation manual .pdf
NVIDIA® NVDVD™ 2.0 multimedia software
Windowblinds™ BFG / NVIDIA® skins
BFG 550 watt ATX power supply
Doom 3

It says its an 6800 OC, not the GT. Did you actually get a GT? I am very skeptical about this since the added total is TOO good to be true. Now if its a standard 6800 and not a GT, then the price makes more sense. So those who receive this, what exactly did you get in the box. ALSO, if it is a GT, how far were you able to OC it? Thanks@@!!!! :D

jugheadz said:
The bottom of the page lists this which contradicts the introduction: :confused:
Included in Box

BFG GeForce™ 6800 OC™ graphics card
Quick install manual
DVI-I to VGA connector
“Y” power cable
Driver CD, which includes
NVIDIA® Unified Drivers
Full installation manual .pdf
NVIDIA® NVDVD™ 2.0 multimedia software
Windowblinds™ BFG / NVIDIA® skins
BFG 550 watt ATX power supply
Doom 3

It says its an 6800 OC, not the GT. Did you actually get a GT? I am very skeptical about this since the added total is TOO good to be true. Now if its a standard 6800 and not a GT, then the price makes more sense. So those who receive this, what exactly did you get in the box. ALSO, if it is a GT, how far were you able to OC it? Thanks@@!!!! :D

The card is a GT, and I'm sure they'll fix that typo soon. :)

I got mine, yesterday!

The power supply is actually a XEON power supply, with a 24pin-to-20pin converter and a molex to 6pin converter. I think there are:
2x SATA
8x Molex (maybe more)
2x FDD/Firewire (as that's what I'm using it for)

It is actually a really good power supply, I'm quite suprised.

The card works really well too.

vbrtrmn said:
I got mine, yesterday!

The power supply is actually a XEON power supply, with a 24pin-to-20pin converter and a molex to 6pin converter. I think there are:
2x SATA
8x Molex (maybe more)
2x FDD/Firewire (as that's what I'm using it for)

It is actually a really good power supply, I'm quite suprised.

The card works really well too.

The power supply isn't a "XEON" one per say, but rather server grade EPS12V. It rocks. :cool:

Just received mine today. I will post a picture of the PSU tonight for all of you who are undecided. Its really not a bad deal.

www.chumbo.com didnt do soo bad on other sites

http://www.shopping.com/xMR-Chumbo.com~MRD-9327~RD-160225660548
http://techbargains.pricegrabber.com/rating_getreview.php/r=458/m=4268068
http://www.epinions.com/content_74942418564

Im really looking in to buying new power supply and video card... that power bundle looks great to me and the price.. but i dont know about the power supply ppl told me that it may be S@$#T ........ can someone that got the bundle tell me if its good?? because right now i have shitty 450watt that came with my case....

and does anyone know when they will have it again in stock>>

thank you

Umm, that deal was from October of last year. I doubt they will have it again for a long time. ;)

is the PSU good?? ... damn i cant wait when they will have it in stock again!

I would say its above average. Its certainly not shit. Its made by fsp and they are known for decent supplies. I have had it for about 3 months now and I have no complaints. Its fairly silent (not as quiet as my seasonic though) and its very stable. I have it running an overclocked a64 and an overclocked 6800gt.

I've been running this card and that power supply for about 2 months now, I guess. My only issue is/was that KOTR didn't like the Omega Drivers, once I changed back to the NVIDIA drivers all was fine.

Back