BFG 6800GS OC problems.

Waveforme

Gawd
I recently tried to upgrade the AGP video card on my Asus A7N8X socket A mobo ( this is my #3 machine ). I went from a Gainward FX 5900 Ultra to the BFG 6800GS OC. I removed the old drivers, shut off the pc, removed the old card, installed the new card rebooted and installed new drivers and rebooted again. I had to reboot the machine a couple of times to get it to recognize the new card, even with the newest 93.71 drivers. Screen would lock up sometimes in XP and other times during game play. When I ran 3dmark 03, it would crash at the same place everytime, yet it ran the Fear demo fine on high settings. I have an Antec 450 watt power supply, so power shouldn't be an issue. When I replaced the BFG card with the old Gainward card, everything ran fine even with the newer drivers. Do I have a bad card, not enough juice, a driver issue ? Should I just return this card to where I bought it or RMA it to BFG. I work literally around the corner from them.

BTW, I said this is my #3 machine NOT my main rig which is an AMD 64 3800+ on a DFI LAN-party board with an X850 XT PE pci-express video card.

I got it at Fry's. I already called them and they said as long as I have the reciept, the original packaging AND I return it within 15 days of purchase, they'll take it back. I bought it on November 5th for $151 + tax. I thought it was a sweet deal. I used to be an Nvidia guy from way back.. until the FX series. I've had a GF 256DDR, GF2 MX 400, GF3 TI 200, GF4 440mx, GF4 TI 4200 and lastly the FX 5900 Ultra, which I bought used for $100 at a LAN well over a year ago.

Video cards at fry's can be returned/exchanged within 30 days, not 15 days :)

Back