BFG 6800 Ultra OC Ships tonight!

HyperTension

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, for those of use who have pre-ordered the BFG 6800 Ultra OC, I was just in contact with the rep's at there 1-800 number, and I was advised that the card is shipping this afternoon, and should arrive on my door monday!

Curious though, has anybody actually recieved the Ultra OC, or the PE as of yet, or are both cards just now going mainstream (secondary to DD3 shortage)?

I assume you are refering to Best Buy Orders?

From the BFG Corp Page...

Dateline: 6/24/2004

BFG Technologies Ships First BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC with Overclocked Core and Water Block Cooling
Overclocked, Water-cooled Graphics Card Called "Revolutionary" By Customer

Lake Bluff, IL – (June 24, 2004)– BFG Technologies®, Inc., a leading U.S.-based supplier of advanced 3D graphics cards and other PC enthusiast products, announced today that they have begun shipping the BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC. The first customer to pre-order and receive their card was Dana Sauer of Dagsboro, Delaware. Dana ordered a custom BFG 6800 Ultra OC that is overclocked out of the box to 470 MHz and comes with a pre-installed water block on the GPU.

"I chose BFG based on my positive past experience with them," said Dana Sauer. "With the BFG 6800 Ultra OC upgraded with a water block, BFG has built the card I would have had to piece together myself. I had to be first in line once I saw that BFG was offering a card pre-built with a water block and a chip overclocked out of the box by 70 MHz."

"I'm very impressed of what BFG is doing with the 6800U," said Eddie Scott, another early customer. "It is quite revolutionary in fact. I have never ever seen a company offer a 70 MHz OC out of the box, water jacket already installed, and to top it off a lifetime warranty. That is most impressive and also confirms that BFG is the one to follow." "

BFG Technologies is offering several bundle options for their latest hard-core graphics card:
BFG GeForce(TM) 6800 Ultra OC(TM) GPU with Water Block Overclocked to an impressive 70 MHz over the stock core clock, this card will feature a water block instead of a GPU fan for those wanting to purchase or who may already have an existing liquid-cooled PC system. Easily hooked up to any existing 1/4" tubing system or to 3/8" tubes with the included adapters, this card runs cool and silent. This configuration is also 100% compatible with Koolance(TM) Exos(TM) external cooling systems and Koolance(TM) complete liquid cooled cases. BFG Tech is proud to offer their true lifetime warranty on this graphics card. (Card with water block requires internal or external water cooled system, sold separately.) MSRP: $599.99 Availability: Order direct through BFGTech.com, shipping now.

BFG GeForce(TM) 6800 Ultra OC(TM) with Performance GPU Fan and Power Supply This card features a high-performance GPU fan, and comes with a nickel-finish 530 watt system power supply to upgrade an existing PC in order to handle today's increased system power requirements. BFG Tech is proud to offer their true lifetime warranty on the graphics card and a five year warranty on the power supply. MSRP: $649.99 Availability: Pre-order soon from BestBuy.com, shipping late-June.

BFG GeForce(TM) 6800 Ultra OC(TM) with Water Block and Power Supply This bundle includes the graphics card with the water block and the 530 watt power supply as described above for the ultimate powerful and cool system upgrade. (Card with water block requires internal or external water cooled system, sold separately.) MSRP: $749.99 Availability: Pre-order now direct through BFGTech.com, shipping late-June.

Got my card 2 days ago, still working on final system it will go into perm. Well semi perm.

just waiting on my Gainward. Nice to hear that 6800U are starting to hit the market.

Caliche

cool deal ..my 6800 Ultra OC wont ship off until the 28th tho ...boooo...

darthdana said:
Got my card 2 days ago, still working on final system it will go into perm. Well semi perm.

geez dana, that's some insane systems list

mine has been sitting on my desk for over 1 week and 2 days. Waiting for a mobo RMA. I even payed extra to get it early... talk about crappy karma

darthdana said:

Geeeeeez dana, do you think you've wasted enough money on hardware yet?

dualblade said:
geez dana, that's some insane systems list

Well the drug habbit leaves you broke and wanting more, the chick habbit leaves you married and with kids, fast cars leaves me with higher insurance, so computers are it. I can atleast go back and look at it and say, your getting slower and worth less by the minute. Something I cant say to my wife!!! and live to tell about it.

darthdana said:
Well the drug habbit leaves you broke and wanting more, the chick habbit leaves you married and with kids, fast cars leaves me with higher insurance, so computers are it. I can atleast go back and look at it and say, your getting slower and worth less by the minute. Something I cant say to my wife!!! and live to tell about it.

Ahaha dude that was awsome

darthdana said:

LOL! Wow... *giggle*

darthdana said:

amen.

what do you use all those thing for? development?

Garage81 said:
amen.

what do you use all those thing for? development?

Yes. Testing of various configs for who knows what. I just move rigs from the room of doom to server closet to garage then banishment to family members (for machines that behave badly, you know reboot randomly once every month for no f'in reason)

I had to reduct my home ac to deal with heat, but dont ever turn heat on in winter!!!

Next up is to plumb old xeon rack to water, prestage the water heater!!!

sherkelman said:
LOL! Wow... *giggle*
Can I get a tour and buy a card directly from you? I live 10 minutes away from you guys!! I've been waiting for a few months now to build a new system.

and darthdana, pretty sweet that you're modding the house to fit with your computer habits :) The water heater is a good idea...

Back