BF4 -- Maybe we don't need mantle after all

Havent crashed yet in bf4 :p. But its obviously the servers if they bother to say something about it in battlelog. Everything will be fixed tomorrow. :rolleyes: ya right.

It's not needed because each console has it's own API. Neither company wants a separate proprietary API screwing things up, neither do PC gamers.

So unless AMD is willing to spend a LOT of money to sucker a company in to using it, no company has any motivation to waste their time on it.

Now do you understand?

You don't that is for sure.

What he is saying is that the only way to get performance on consoles if they are addressed directly on the hardware.

No overhead no problems with 1001 configurations.

This has been how consoles operate ever since the Atari 2600.

For you to make the same mistake as a good few is that Mantle is something which needs to be supported on consoles.

Mantle is a name for the PC API not the console API.

AMD made API for Xbox1 and for PS4 they are not called Mantle. But they do the same thing. Allowing programmers a form of direct access.

Now for you to understand this you are required to think things through.

Even tho the consoles have different APU they are bound to have the same structure of addressing them so the commands for both are virtually the same. There would be no reason to make either API so completely different because that would not work.

The benefits of Mantle are just for games which require a good FPS at this moment. Some people already suggested that Mantle could also be a stepping stone for slower hardware netbooks/tablets.

In the end the people who purchase AMD hardware will benefit and the people who won't just have to do with the Open-GL/DirectX version. Nothing wrong with that?

Last edited:
a couple more benchmarks to throw into the fire:

PCGH - testing singleplayer campaign, shows the 290X is comparable to Titan and 780
Sweclockers - testing multiplayer, shows the 290X with more of a lead at 1440, comparable at 1080

3930k is still gloriously powerfull and will serve me atleast 3 more years.

I'm curious what other developers plan to support Mantle-- Crytek?...can't wait till the AMD Developer Conference on Nov 11 to find out and hopefully see some B4 benchmarks

Even a 2500K is powerfull enough.

that all depends on the resolution and the number of video cards. id say anything over 7870 crossfire at 1080p needs more cpu juice. might be decent at 1440p.

those sweclocker results look more along the lines of mine. I avg 85 in a full round fraps run at 1080p. they got 79 but mine in an oc model.

Back