BF4 Beta 5400X1920

can you comment on whether or not you are getting fps drops.
im running 5760x1080 and for the most part it runs good but i get drops to the 40s every now and then.
especially once site c is destroyed and the map becomes white.

I was getting massive fps drops before going over to the 13.10v2 beta driver. I still get some FPS drop on medium but it is a Beta. On high I am getting a tad stutter and Ultra is not playable ( going to get 4 R9-290X's as soon as they make a Eyefinity 6 or Lightning model )

I was getting massive fps drops before going over to the 13.10v2 beta driver. I still get some FPS drop on medium but it is a Beta. On high I am getting a tad stutter and Ultra is not playable ( going to get 4 R9-290X's as soon as they make a Eyefinity 6 or Lightning model )

Wow -- so you plan to drop 3000 dollars on video cards? Kinda jealous of that bank account :)

I was going to buy one R9 290x until I saw they are priced at $730/ea in Newegg's code on all sites.

As a person who doesn't have much money to spend on PC hardware, it must be nice . . . :(

As a person who doesn't have much money to spend on PC hardware, it must be nice . . . :(

I am sponsored by AMD and Powercolor I got both of these 7990's for free. But I do have the money to buy them If I needed to.

I am sponsored by AMD and Powercolor I got both of these 7990's for free. But I do have the money to buy them If I needed to.

send those 290x's my way when you get them :cool:

what windows are you using.

i upgraded to windows 8 today and saw some nice improvements but im still getting dips into the 40s here and there.

and when i go into the water. whether im diving or a wave passes over my head my fps drops to 10. this didnt happen with windows 7.

send those 290x's my way when you get them :cool:

what windows are you using.

i upgraded to windows 8 today and saw some nice improvements but im still getting dips into the 40s here and there.

and when i go into the water. whether im diving or a wave passes over my head my fps drops to 10. this didnt happen with windows 7.

I cant stand Windows 8... I have it on my HTPC and hate it.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Yeah it does. It seems a little better. You die alot faster now ... kinda like cod

I cant stand Windows 8... I have it on my HTPC and hate it.

I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Windows 8 is putting out better performance in BF4.
Anecdotal Unconfirmed Evidence

You might want to put your discomfort aside and reconsider Windows 8 with a start menu implementation (ClassicShell etc.)

It would actually be pretty cool if you could do this and post your before and after results.

You might want to put your discomfort aside and reconsider Windows 8 with a start menu implementation (ClassicShell etc.)

It would actually be pretty cool if you could do this and post your before and after results.

Strange.... I will give it a try sometime in the next couple weeks and post results back here....

not just bf4 to be honest.
ive seen improvements in all my games since i upgraded.

but i must admit windows 8 overall sucks next to 7.
if you download startisback, it gives you a start button and pretty much removes the tile.tablet screen.

I am one of the thousands that can't get the game to run at all. I am a bit jealous.

Back